Ali vs Wilt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
    I seem to recall this fight was scheduled after the Frazier loss
    The fight was propossed in late 60's i believe ,if it is around the time of 71 i wouldn't like Wilts chances.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
      I seem to recall this fight was scheduled after the Frazier loss
      No, the talk about this matchup was before Ali's layoff in the 1960's.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        .............."cus would have easily made him a top 3 guy with enough time".

Yeah the bend "side to side" stay low style for a 7' 2" tall man, perfect trainer for him! Seriously?................

Ray
        There is no perfect fighter for Cus near Tyson but he could take anyone strengths and improve them ,only a fool wouldn't know that ,just like had he been Alis trainer would surely have made him better .....thats why Ali went to Cus for advice on Foreman and Cus prepared him for Frazier with similar sparring partners .....if you are telling me under Damato a fast athletic guy who was physically stronger than Ali wouldn't potentially be a top guy compared to who he was fighting late 60's you are wrong .
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-19-2015, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Did the History Section become a troll forum?

Comment

Cus D'Amato is the correct spelling. You should reference him using Mr. D'Amato when you consider your involvement in boxing (none) compared to his time.
            Cus's style was the opposite of a straight up boxer who used lateral movement. If you knew anything about his style you would know that Ali's natural abilities are the opposite of Cus's methodology.
            Paterson & Torres and Tyson all fought from Cus's methods & techniques.
            ......"Cus prepared him for Frazier with similar sparring partners" .....really?
            What sparring partners did Cus "supply" Ali with? And when?

Ray

Comment

Cus D'Amato is the correct spelling. You should reference him using Mr. D'Amato when you consider your involvement in boxing (none) compared to his time.
              Cus's style was the opposite of a straight up boxer who used lateral movement. If you knew anything about his style you would know that Ali's natural abilities are the opposite of Cus's methodology.
              Paterson & Torres and Tyson all fought from Cus's methods & techniques.
              ......"Cus prepared him for Frazier with similar sparring partners" .....really?
              What sparring partners did Cus "supply" Ali with? And when?

Ray
              Torres was a tall lanky boxer,maybe defense more like a Tyson style. Torress had a similar style to Frazier/Tyson,you would have to know about actual boxing though I can post the vid for you if you like?
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-19-2015, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Real tall...5'9"-10" hahaha a regular giant!
                Torres was ca liason for the New York Athletic (Boxing) Commision for many years and I knew him since 1975, you weren't even born.

............"What sparring partners did Cus "supply" Ali with? And when?

Did you forget the question I asked?
                Ray

Comment

Real tall...5'9"-10" hahaha a regular giant!
                  Torres was ca liason for the New York Athletic (Boxing) Commision for many years and I knew him since 1975, you weren't even born.

............"What sparring partners did Cus "supply" Ali with? And when?

Did you forget the question I asked?
                  Ray
                  Here you go FOOL......

Comment

Its Jose 3 years out of retirement and its in Miami not Catskills. Who is the trainer for Ali Burt Lancaster or Jimmy Jacobs?......................

Jose light sparring in Miami isn't exactly sending Ali "sparring partners"!

You telling me about Cus is a joke, you need to realize if your going to talk sh*! about boxing in the north east that was the majority of my time spent.

I knew of Steve but never worked on any of his upstate shows nor did I ever meet him. I don't think he moved any fighters in Hartford back then when Starling and Booze were being moved (80-85)

Ray

Comment

Its Jose 3 years out of retirement and its in Miami not Catskills. Who is the trainer for Ali Burt Lancaster or Jimmy Jacobs?......................

Jose light sparring in Miami isn't exactly sending Ali "sparring partners"!

You telling me about Cus is a joke, you need to realize if your going to talk sh*! about boxing in the north east that was the majority of my time spent.

I knew of Steve but never worked on any of his upstate shows nor did I ever meet him. I don't think he moved any fighters in Hartford back then when Starling and Booze were being moved (80-85)

Ray
                      You are a fool Clearly on the vid link and the vid itself...is Torress sparring Ali,to ready ali for Frazier....you grew up with toress though right and that's why you had to ask what sparring partners were brought in for Ali to help him right? Face it ray another TALL TALE you made up ,you never met Lott either even though he never left Tysons side in all the years with him from a youngster to a young adult???

Comment

Working...
                      X