No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward-Edwin Rodriguez Finalized For 11/16 on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward-Edwin Rodriguez Finalized For 11/16 on HBO

SHERMAN OAKS, CA - Following slightly more than a year's absence from the ring due to injury, Bay Area hero, 2004 U.S. Olympic gold medalist and current WBA and Ring Magazine World Super Middleweight Champion, Andre "S.O.G." Ward makes his highly anticipated return to the ring defending his title against Edwin Rodriguez on Saturday, November 16 at the Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, CA.

Simply and appropriately billed as "The Return," Ward (26-0, 13 KOs) will risk his title against the undefeated Rodriguez (24-0, 16 KOs) in the scheduled 12-round World Championship main event which will be televised live on HBO World Championship Boxing® beginning at 9:30 p.m. ET/PT.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good news. It's no easy tune-up comeback for Ward. Though he might make it look easy...

Comment

Great news, great to see the Champ back in action. This is actually a pretty solid "tune-up" fight.

With that being said I think this will be an easy decision for Ward. I really hope Ward moves up to 175 and HBO sets up a Ward-Kovalev championship fight sometime next year.

Ward could run 168 til his retirement. The only fighter left I care to see Ward in with at 168 is Bute (and I think that will be a tough fight for Ward) Don't let the whole Froch fight cloud your head...... completely different clash of styles

Comment

FYI - Monaco's not "in France"!

The Principality of Monaco is a sovereign city-state.

Comment

Looking at a certain website's rankings at SMW, it's not a bad "get back in the ring" fight vs another young fighter if making the case for Ward.

1/Champ. Andre Ward

2. Carl Froch (beaten)
          3. Robert Stieglitz
          4. Mikkel Kessler (beaten)
          5. George Groves (fighting Froch)
          6. Arthur Abraham (beaten)
          7. Sakio Bika (beaten)
          8. Edwin Rodriguez
          9. Andre Dirrell (Somewhat inactive)
          10. Karoly Balzsay
          11. James DeGale (lost to best opponent in DeGale)
          12. Thomas Oosthuizen
          13. Renan St. Juste
          14. Brian Magee
          15. Badou Jack
          16. Maxim Vlasov

Comment

I just realized this fight is in Canada. Interesting. I wonder what other fights will be on the card?

Comment

Looking forward to seeing Ward back in action against a pretty good opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                I just realized this fight is in Canada. Interesting. I wonder what other fights will be on the card?
                it's in Ontario California. But good to see Ward back In the ring. He needs to head to 175 after. I don't think there's any competition at 168.

Comment

Originally posted by beast702 View Post
                  it's in Ontario California. But good to see Ward back In the ring. He needs to head to 175 after. I don't think there's any competition at 168.
                  Ha... My mistake. That makes sense

Comment

Really good fight, expect Ward to win but i think he will be tested in this fight. Hope Edwin wins but its unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                    X