No announcement yet.

Do you consider boxing a martial art???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
    I don't see why boxing is not considered a Martial Art.

I remember taking self-defense when I was younger, and my instructor (who had multiple black-belts) loved boxing and actually utilized a lot of boxing techniques in his lessons.

Bruce Lee also loved and respected boxing and he believed the boxing stance was the most practical for him to use.

So it depends on who you talk to. There are just a lot of egos involved that think their art is the best.

Fair enough.

I just believe that boxing and traditional martial arts are pretty much on the same boat when it comes self-discipline, learning respect, mind and body control and so forth.

And by the way, Both are different form of combat or sport, so you cant compare them on who's better. It works both ways. If you put a pure Boxer to fight in a Mix Martial Art rule, then expect you gonna see some rare naked choke or grappling or some **** like that. So, 1% chance that a pure Boxer can win a MMA match with its rules. And if you put a MMA'er to fight in a boxing match with boxing rules. Then 0% chance that a MMA'er can win. works both ways. Two different sporst or form of combat, but we gotta respect them.

Comment

Originally posted by crack_head25 View Post
      Its quite funny if you see some e-thug kid that wears "Tap-Out" shirt and acts like his a mix martial artist....lmfao!!!
      Hey brah, I wear a tap out shirt and train UFC in the garage and do some ultimate fighting with my buddy who got out of prison for writing bad checks, I am a tough mother fawker BRAH!!!!

Comment

I agree.

Based on their attitudes and physical condition (most are overweight), I would not consider them mixed martial artists or even healthy in general.

They are mostly the ones that ruin's the Mix Martial Artists discipline reputation.

Comment

And by the way, Both are different form of combat or sport, so you cant compare them on who's better. It works both ways. If you put a pure Boxer to fight in a Mix Martial Art rule, then expect you gonna see some rare naked choke or grappling or some **** like that. So, 1% chance that a pure Boxer can win a MMA match with its rules. And if you put a MMA'er to fight in a boxing match with boxing rules. Then 0% chance that a MMA'er can win. works both ways. Two different sporst or form of combat, but we gotta respect them.

I can't disagree with you there. I have nothing else to add to that.

At the end of the day, we just want to see a good fight, no matter what form.

Comment

Originally posted by Box"K"ing View Post
            Hey brah, I wear a tap out shirt and train UFC in the garage and do some ultimate fighting with my buddy who got out of prison for writing bad checks, I am a tough mother fawker BRAH!!!!
            Right, go ask Dana White that your so tough that you can even smash Brock Lesnar

Comment

I can't disagree with you there. I have nothing else to add to that.

At the end of the day, we just want to see a good fight, no matter what form.

Yep

MMA = Most exciting sports today
              Boxing = The sweet science

Comment

Boxing is more exciting than MMA. MMA is just more explosive and ends faster there will never be an mma fight as exciting as Corrales vs. Castillo and Gatii vs. Ward **** even Pavlik vs. Taylor I.

Comment

They are mostly the ones that ruin's the Mix Martial Artists discipline reputation.
                  Hey brah, People who write bad checks are bad mother fawkers and me and ma buddy we go HARD when we train UFC!!!!

In all seriousness I would say martial art is kind of like a mentality, for example some guys are athletes in mma some are fighters and some are martial artist

An athlete: finds a way to win by using the judging criteria and thats there mentality when it comes to approaching the fight game

A fighter: Just goes there and turns it in to a WAR win or lose... its kill or die

Martial Artist: Focus is on technqiue and showing formidble skillset and high level of technical profiecency

My 0.02 cents really!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
                    Boxing is more exciting than MMA. MMA is just more explosive and ends faster there will never be an mma fight as exciting as Corrales vs. Castillo and Gatii vs. Ward **** even Pavlik vs. Taylor I.
                    Well, we have different point of view. I say MMA is more exciting to watch due to its well round skills and technique, specially when you see both fighter's beat the **** out of each other. Boxing on the other hand is like watching who had the most technical skill, timing, balance, endurance and most of all heart. Thats the greatness about boxing.

Originally posted by Box"K"ing View Post
                    Hey brah, People who write bad checks are bad mother fawkers and me and ma buddy we go HARD when we train UFC!!!!

In all seriousness I would say martial art is kind of like a mentality, for example some guys are athletes in mma some are fighters and some are martial artist

An athlete: finds a way to win by using the judging criteria and thats there mentality when it comes to approaching the fight game

A fighter: Just goes there and turns it in to a WAR win or lose... its kill or die

Martial Artist: Focus is on technqiue and showing formidble skillset and high level of technical profiecency

My 0.02 cents really!!!
                    lets put them as a example:
                    Kimbo Slice = Before he entered in UFC. He was a street fighter who fights like a beast and brawl like a motha ****a. why? co'z there is no rules. When he went to fight in the UFC, he got smashed like a tomato. Why? co'z it has rules and his opponents are well disciplined which Kimbo does't have.

GSP = His a martial artist who studies his opponent and find his opponents weakest link's that why hes so hard to beat. And I don't know why you separate the Athlete on a Martial artist.
                    Last edited by crack_head25; 11-03-2010, 03:16 AM.

Comment

IMO, on why boxing is not considered as a true martial arts cause a lot of other ancient art forms of the combat sports applies what they learn into their daily life. They are taught on how to live outside of the sport where as boxing doesn't. There are more philosophical mambo jumbo in the other combat sports if you go deep than there is in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X