Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is GSP a coward for not re-matching hendricks before he retires?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKM-2010
    He lost that fight and lost most credibility as a champ and P4P top. That's a big enough punishment for him already, I don't need to see him fight Hendricks again who proved himself to be the better fighter.

Plus he'll be back eventually so this won't be the final note of his career. Honestly this is the best decision he could have made.
    Let me guess, GSP lost to Hendricks but Hendricks won his fight before GSP?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I've thought GSP lost his love of mma a while ago, he describes fighting as method acting to him, needs to sort his head out

Comment

You guys should go back and watch bj vs gsp 1, GsP looked worse if i remembered, and i think he lost that fight. Hendricks is a guy that is fresh on at the ufc where as gsp has been champion for many years. I think we have seen a "worn" gsp with mental health problems expected to perform at his highest level, i think if we seen a gsp at 100 percent he will leave no doubt in the octagon by beating Hendricks soundly.

Comment

no because they ARE going to fight again. Whether Hendricks is champ or not in GSPs return, I guarantee GSP will ask for the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
            I think he should rematch him.

Beat him.

Then retire.

Or at least beat someone else then retire.

To leave on a note like that is like crapping on your own legacy, its what Lennox Lewis did with Vitali, its NOT a smart move, its something that people DO REMEMBER and it hangs over beyond your life. Its almost as bad if not worse than a loss.

Its like a big C on your record.

C is for Coward.

I suppose his french heritage is shinning through right now, I hope this is a drama style hype job by the UFC. But we will see.

What do you think, is GSP a coward in this situation?
            Why the **** do people say and think this? He's been fighting top opponents and been champion for as long as anyone in the sports history basically. You really think he's a coward for not wanting to fight someone he already beat, at the very end of his career when he's been talking about retiring for ages, and specifically finishing after this fight?

You forget that people get old and over it, and the training necessary is just so brutal, that if you are not into it any more, you lose. Its that simple. If his head is not in it, and it sounds like it hasn't been for some time now, he did incredibly to just hang onto his belt against such great fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
              I think he should rematch him.

Beat him.

Then retire.

Or at least beat someone else then retire.

To leave on a note like that is like crapping on your own legacy, its what Lennox Lewis did with Vitali, its NOT a smart move, its something that people DO REMEMBER and it hangs over beyond your life. Its almost as bad if not worse than a loss.

Its like a big C on your record.

C is for Coward.

I suppose his french heritage is shinning through right now, I hope this is a drama style hype job by the UFC. But we will see.

What do you think, is GSP a coward in this situation?
              Am I missing something, has GSP retired? He is taking a hiatus to get his **** straightened out and yes, he will come back and rematch hendricks. GSP has always had an open ear to what fans say (which is why he actually pushed for stricter drugs tests just for some proof to some folks who thought he was roiding). He knows by now that alot of people thought he lost and as soon as he gets back, there is no doubt he will be coming back to silence those doubters. Don't forget his first fight with BJ Penn that alot of people thought BJ won. How did that whole thing play out again?

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                Let me guess, GSP lost to Hendricks but Hendricks won his fight before GSP?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                I think Hendricks beat GSP very narrowly. Like if he did one more thing significant he could have won. That's how close I thought it was.

However if anybody got robbed it was Kos and Condit against Hendricks. Kos definitely beat him most convincingly. Then people biiiitch about people complain about people playing it safe going for takedowns but Hendricks does it and they don't care. Condit got the better of Johnny on the feet and even did more off his back. Hendricks only won because of takedowns which was BS.

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
                  I think Hendricks beat GSP very narrowly. Like if he did one more thing significant he could have won. That's how close I thought it was.

However if anybody got robbed it was Kos and Condit against Hendricks. Kos definitely beat him most convincingly. Then people biiiitch about people complain about people playing it safe going for takedowns but Hendricks does it and they don't care. Condit got the better of Johnny on the feet and even did more off his back. Hendricks only won because of takedowns which was BS.

Exactly this. I think Kos clearly won against Hendricks and Condit was handing it to him standing but Hendricks' wrestling got him the nod in another very close fight. However, there wasn't half of the people whining over the outcome of these two close fights.

The fight with GSP was in no way a robbery. Extremely close and much closer than most had expected, which is why there was such an outcry. Another thing people talked about was how bad GSP's face was messed up. Some people (GSP, Fedor) get bruised, cut, scratched, much easier than others and if you look at GSP's face after the Diaz fight (which GSP completely dominated), his face was also torn to **** at the end. They always say you have to clearly beat the champ to dethrone him and like you said, if he had done a few more things it would have went the other way. Since it was so close, they gave it to the champ. Let's just let GSP come back and get the rematch on. GSP def. will not duck Hendricks for a rematch.

Comment

Working...
                  X