Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIDEO: Joseph Agbeko + Roger Mayweather showing ZERO chemistry on the mitts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger has a lot of combinations where you throw punches with the same hand back to back. That is tough to get used to if you don't practice it regularly. Your natural rhythm wants to go right/left/right/left.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
      Sounds like you've never boxed before lol. The mitts are not hard but it takes getting used to, just like the speed bag.
      I've boxed since I was 16.

The purpose of the mitts is for you to find your target, refine your form and your combinations and for the trainer to find and point out your weaknesses.

I don't see what you need chemistry for unless you're ****ing your trainer. You just need to follow instructions.
      Last edited by DARKSEID; 11-11-2013, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Lol and this is supposed to be some master trainer?

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
          "chemistry" ? Lol

all you need to do is hit the mitts and dodge.
          But those moments where you catch each others gaze are so beautiful...

Comment

Agbeko is trying to hit the pads like a man, but Roger just wants to play pat-a-cake, so Agbeko is like, "what WTF is this ****?"

Comment

Agbeko was getting discouraged there. Don't know if roger has the patience to train someone not named "mayweather". Who knows it's just one clip. Agbeko is better with and offensive minded coach anyways

Comment

Both seemed a little frustrated to be honest. I'm not sure this is the best pairing, but I don't know how the whole camp has been going or will continue to go.

Comment

He should have went with roach to beat rigondeaux. He can't outbox rigo, Roger does not really create gameplans. he trains fighters reflexes and defense but that's not going to beat rigo.

King kong is toast. He should have went with an offensive minded coach that will have gameplans for him to follow.
                  Last edited by TRTboy; 11-11-2013, 02:23 PM.

Comment

this could be a short night...

Comment

lmao at all you non-boxers..

thats exactly what training is about.. thats why you have a trainer, they instruct you and you correct your mistakes... what you saw there is what happens in boxing gyms 80% of the time during mitt work.. lmao.. non-boxers have a funny way of revealing themselves

Comment

Working...
                      X