Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: If Briggs Keeps Winning, I Want To Fight Him Too!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
    the pathetic thing is it probably would be lol. I cant believe how carefully they've been matching wilder. scott is probably his best opponent and that dude has the heart of a mustard seed
    I can't believe how Wilder became No.1 contender for the WBC belt after being matched like that. The whole thing stinks of corruption to me.
    And if he strikes it lucky against Stiverne, get ready for a long series of defences by Wilder, the "saviour" of the heavyweight division, against old, shot American fighters like Briggs and some of the others mentioned in this thread.
    Last edited by kafkod; 09-22-2014, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      I can't believe how Wilder became No.1 contender for the WBC belt after being matched like that. The whole thing stinks of corruption to me.
      And if he strikes it lucky against Stiverne, get ready for a long series of defences by Wilder, the "saviour" of the heavyweight division, against old, shot American fighters like Briggs and some of the others mentioned in this thread.
      you know wilder barely had any amateur experience right? Very impressive to win a bronze medal with barely any background in boxing. We'll have to wait and see if he's the real deal. I like him. He doesnt back down from any challenges and he's only boxing for his daughter, which I think its a good cause and can sometimes make a fighter better cuz he has something to fight for.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        If you can't believe his ranking, you must be a new fan to boxing. It's been this way for the 27+ years that I've been a fan. Briggs used to be just like Wilder, ko'd all his opponents till someone took his shots and lasted more than 4 rounds.
        But Briggs had and still has more boxing skills, Wilder reminds me of a baby giraffe sometimes.

Comment

Briggs??Get real!!!The guys he's fought my bartender could beat...No competition here, stopping trying it out 2b something...

Comment

I'd rather see Arreola against Wilder. That would be a nice scrap. WAR ARREOLA!!!

Comment

Well Briggs earning his way up the ladder right now the same way Wilder did

Comment

He should have already fought a guy like Briggs before trying to step up to the likes of fury, chisora, stiverne, wlad..

Wilder is not prepared for those caliber fighters.. He needed fights with:
                Toney
                Rahman
                Guinn
                Briggs
                Seth Mitchell being the first ranked guy he fights..

Then target banks, adamek, Cunningham, Thompson,,,

Then the major players...

That's called learning your craft and developing as a fighter

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                  you know wilder barely had any amateur experience right? Very impressive to win a bronze medal with barely any background in boxing. We'll have to wait and see if he's the real deal. I like him. He doesnt back down from any challenges and he's only boxing for his daughter, which I think its a good cause and can sometimes make a fighter better cuz he has something to fight for.
                  Wilder's semi-final defeat in the Beijing olympics was his 30th fight. Anthony Joshua won a gold medal in his 34th.
                  Deontay might be a real nice guy outside the ring, that's no reason to make him mandatory challenger for a world title.

Comment

I wonder if Wilder is starting to line up his title defences.

Comment

Originally posted by gdub27 View Post
                      If you can't believe his ranking, you must be a new fan to boxing. It's been this way for the 27+ years that I've been a fan. Briggs used to be just like Wilder, ko'd all his opponents till someone took his shots and lasted more than 4 rounds.
                      But Briggs had and still has more boxing skills, Wilder reminds me of a baby giraffe sometimes.
                      I've been a fan as long as you, and I don't remember ever seeing a fighter become mandatory challenger for a world title without fighting anybody in the world top 30. So far as I know that's never happened before in the modern era.

Comment

Working...
                      X