Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the referee help Nigel Benn survive against McClellan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the referee help Nigel Benn survive against McClellan?

Or did he do a good job of reffing in your opinion?

Ask UK Dick Diggler who thinks it's fair

Comment

mccellan was about to finish him and he just jumped in front for no reason for like 7-8 seconds. twice! literally the most hilarious/corrupt thing i've seen along with ottke getting dropped and the ref warning reid for dropping him.

Comment

I don't think the ref spoke English and McClellan wasn't really listening to him so he was making his point(s) physically.

It definitely worked in Benn's favour but I wouldn't say deliberately so, he pushes Benn in the same way during the round.

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        mccellan was about to finish him and he just jumped in front for no reason for like 7-8 seconds. twice! literally the most hilarious/corrupt thing i've seen along with ottke getting dropped and the ref warning reid for dropping him.
        Well that didn't happen.

Also, the punch McClellan hit Benn with to knock him down was to the back of the head, and then hit him twice while being held up by the ropes so if he really wanted to he could have DQ'd him.
        Last edited by Weebler I; 08-12-2013, 09:06 PM.

Comment

McClellan had plenty of time and enough chances to finish Benn.

Comment

the ref definitely played a part in the fight but, benn had tremendous heart in that fight... Gerald had some neurological problems before the fight... like benn said after the fight, Gerald withstood a lot of punching power from benn... Gerald told his corner that it felt like they were pouring the water directly on his brain... the corner knew he had some issues...

Comment

If you are referring to the so called "long count", a fighter gets 20 seconds if knocked out of the ring, so it's a moot point anyway

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kedashy View Post
                  the ref definitely played a part in the fight but, benn had tremendous heart in that fight... Gerald had some neurological problems before the fight... like benn said after the fight, Gerald withstood a lot of punching power from benn... Gerald told his corner that it felt like they were pouring the water directly on his brain... the corner knew he had some issues...

Dang! And the idiots didn't stop it?

Comment

I'd be the biggest p*ssy corner man and stop a fight for the faintest sign of physical trouble.

Comment

Working...
                    X