Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tony Thompson the best active US heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
    Stiverne is now US based. I think he will be a very dangerous opponent for anyone not named Klitschko
    If he came into the ring in top condition he'd be a dangerous opponent for Vitali in my opinion because of his speed and accuracy but last time I saw Stiverne he was in the ring after the Stevenson vs Dawson fight and looked significantly overweight.

I took that as a bad sign for Stiverne - there is the potential heavyweight title fight with Vitali that could soon be made. Because of that possibility, Stiverne should doing moderate training daily to make sure he'll be in the best condition of his life if that fight gets made (like a truly hungry and dedicated contender would do) but instead he seems to be ballooning up in weight and taking it easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      Not at all. A little known fighter outta Philly named Amir Mansour would beat any active US heavyweight IMO.
      he's got to stay out of jail and beat somebody other than tomato cans and 35 year old dominic guinn via decision first.

mansour is also 40 years old. he is never going to amount to anything.

Comment

Hard to argue he isn't when rated against unproven fighters who have good records against no one.

It doesn't really matter though because no one wants to see him be ko'd by Wlad again, maybe he can fight Povetkin after Wlad ko's him.

Comment

I agree with Jennings or Malik Scott because both have the most Skills despite the lack of great Power.

Amir Mansour is a Phenomenal Athlete and is by for the most well conditioned American Heavyweight. But he literally haven't fought anybody! Like Wilder he been knocking out mostly bums, we don't know if these guys have Chins or if they can take a punch or none of that. After watching Price get destroyed twice after stepping up in competition we have to wait and see how well these guys do when they step up competition.

Comment

He's definitely the best at giving interviews anyway

Comment

man. any other era tony would be considered 2nd tier. but in these days of klitmo rule its different.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                Hard to argue he isn't when rated against unproven fighters who have good records against no one.

It doesn't really matter though because no one wants to see him be ko'd by Wlad again, maybe he can fight Povetkin after Wlad ko's him.
                Exactly. Wilder's best win is his crazy windmill **** against Audley. We'll know more about Malik Scott in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
                  man. any other era tony would be considered 2nd tier. but in these days of klitmo rule its different.
                  He is considered second tier you moron.

Comment

Shows how good Wlad is really, and cant say Wlad hasn't beat anyone. Wlad has beat the best available and they aren't bad at all.
                    People were quick to build Price up, and Thompson put things into perspective for people if you were wearing rose tinted specs.

Comment

To be Honest he not even that good and in this weak division he still isn't considered that good lol. Oh and I'd have to say no to answer you question.

Comment

Working...
                      X