Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tony Thompson the best active US heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Thompson can beat Malik Scott, a fighter who actually utilizes his jab correctly. Thompson is past his best but he is still a solid heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
      I'd really like to see Mansour get his shot at a top 10 fighter to get his name out there before it's too late. He's 41 years old after all.
      Yeah, none of these dudes want to fight him though which is a shame. Also, it's not like he hasn't gotten in his own way too, dude needs to stay out of trouble.

Comment

Yes he is, the rest are just protected D-level fighters (not even worthy of being called hype-jobs).

The US needs to embrace Tony the Tiger as their number 1 HW and get behind him.

They'll even give the likes of Seth Mitchell more attention than this guy.

^
        This guy would beat Floyd Mayweather unconscious in 1 round, this is the best fighter in the US (screw that imaginary PFP b/s to help manlets). Get behind the man.
        Last edited by Weebler I; 07-07-2013, 10:04 AM.

Comment

I think Malik Scott is better, and Wilder might turn out better. With that said, Thompson easily deserves the highest ranking and has a pretty legit resume.

Comment

Stiverne is now US based. I think he will be a very dangerous opponent for anyone not named Klitschko

Comment

Thompson is very underrated yes, but I think Wilder is the best US heavyweight. He has the most upside and I think he would knock Thompson out.

Comment

No. David Price just has absolutely no chin and was obviously over hyped.

I think Bryant Jennings and Malik Scott are the two best US heavyweights.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  No. David Price just has absolutely no chin and was obviously over hyped.

I think Bryant Jennings and Malik Scott are the two best US heavyweights.
                  Thompson is your No.1, embrace it (and the bloke, he is a top fellow).

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                    I'd pick Amir to knock out Thompson in a one-sided fight....Unfortunately Thompson would never take this fight though. Thompson is now in a position where he can get himself another pretty nice pay check and will only be interested in top 10 fighters.
                    Mansour hasn't faced anyone.. Thompson has much better experience/resume.. But besides that.. I'd actually like to see that fight - but making that fight would assume Thompson is at gatekeeper status (which he's not) so it's very unlikely it gets made at this stage. More likely to see Mansour against one of the younger contenders.

Comment

Beating a British hypejob doesn't make him the best in the US. Bryant Jennings, Malik Scott, and Deontay Wilder are all better I think.

Thompson is for sure better than Seth Mitchell though.

Comment

Working...
                      X