Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tommy "The Hit Man" Hearns vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
    Skils pay bills my friend and Floyd is loaded when it comes to skills. So to just dissmiss this to SIZE MATTERS is an easy way out. Sugar Ray Leonard was a WW who moved up from a lower weight class. He managed to deal with the bigger guys in his division. That is like saying oh any of the WW's shouldn't fight Paul Williams cause he is too big to tall...Lefty
    Paul Williams doesnt have the skill of Tommy Hearns. Hearns has too much of everything for Floyd and size does play a factor in that. Im not saying Hearns wins only because he is bigger, Im saying Hearns beats him because he is a skilled, powerful WW who happens to be tall with a great jab. Its too much for Floyd and its not anywhere near being an even fight.
    Last edited by AKATheMack; 01-28-2010, 01:06 PM.

Comment

This would be a great fight to see. Floyd and his shell deffense going up against Hearns and his awesome offensive arsenal. Will Floyd be able to shoulder roll and pot shot his way to victory? Or will Hearns penetrate that shell and force Floyd into the pocket and fight. Hearns and that straight right hand vs Floyd and his laser beam lead right. Hearns pumping out that rope of a jab and follwoign it with the right digging to the body. Floyd standing right in front of him making him miss and returning fire. I think it would be a hell of a fight. Don't just vote I want to hear a post on how you think the fight would have played out. I listed a number of factors including the reff anf the ring size.....Lefty

Weight: 147
      Ring: 20 x 20 Feet (smaller ring)
      Gloves: 8 Ounces (punchers gloves)
      Refferee: Kenny Bayless (does not liek clinching)
      Venue: Michigan Stadium (capacity 107,501)

I don't really understand this poll. Obviously Hearns should win espeacially with all of the intangibles you added at the bottom. Hearns is a top 10 all time welterweight in my opinion. Hearns would beat any of the current welterweight including Paquio who would nearly get decapitated by Hearns.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
        Paul Williams doesnt have the skill of Tommy Hearns. Hearns has too much of everything for Floyd and size does play a factor in that. Im not saying Hearns wins only because he is bigger, Im saying Hearns beats him because he is a skilled, powerful WW who happens top be tall with a great jab. Its too much for Floyd and its not anywhere near being an even fight.
        I agree with this here.

Comment

This would be a great fight to see. Floyd and his shell deffense going up against Hearns and his awesome offensive arsenal. Will Floyd be able to shoulder roll and pot shot his way to victory? Or will Hearns penetrate that shell and force Floyd into the pocket and fight. Hearns and that straight right hand vs Floyd and his laser beam lead right. Hearns pumping out that rope of a jab and follwoign it with the right digging to the body. Floyd standing right in front of him making him miss and returning fire. I think it would be a hell of a fight. Don't just vote I want to hear a post on how you think the fight would have played out. I listed a number of factors including the reff anf the ring size.....Lefty

Weight: 147
          Ring: 20 x 20 Feet (smaller ring)
          Gloves: 8 Ounces (punchers gloves)
          Refferee: Kenny Bayless (does not liek clinching)
          Venue: Michigan Stadium (capacity 107,501)

could be a hearns win, could be a mayweather win.....Hearns was a good fighter with hard punches and floyd has a good defence...Maybe a Split Decision Or KO win for one of em

Comment

Originally posted by King22 View Post
            Floyd will whoop Tommy Hearns ass just like he did Diego Corrales

I mean Hearns did have a poweful right hand but thats all he had and he had no chin

and with Floyd being such a defensive fighter Hearns wouldn't be alble to land a clean shot with a lot power behind it

so i think Floyd will outbox him early and stop him late i mean Tommy does havs a puncher's chance but against a great defensive fighter like Floyd Mayweather that chance is very slim
            You're comparing Hearns to Diego Corrales? Just from reading this you obviously know very little about boxers outside of Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.LARRYX View Post
              ???lol..did you compare tommy hearns to corrales???and i wouldnt say hearns had a bad cin..leonard and hagler could punch..remember floyd will be the much smaller guy(starting at 130) and hearns was a huge ww..so hearns chin wont be a factor imo..floyds best bet would be to stay in hearns chest and work that body
              He would have to get past Hearns jab and right hand to do that and Floyd is no fool. He would fight a defensive fight just to survive. Floyd would lose by a wide decision. It seems some people here don't realize what Hearns brought to the table at that weight.

Comment

this one's easy...Floyd...he always wins these fantasy matchups

Comment

Hearns would knock Floyd into another dimension. People forget this man was outboxing a prime Sugar ray Leonard and clowning him at times before he became exhausted.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                    Hearns would knock Floyd into another dimension. People forget this man was outboxing a prime Sugar ray Leonard and clowning him at times before he became exhausted.

yup...floyd would shoulder roll himself into a coma when one of Hearns' bombs got thru

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                      yup...floyd would shoulder roll himself into a coma when one of Hearns' bombs got thru
                      Anyone who thinks Floyd wins the fight ha not done their homework. They way to beat hearns at his best was to KO him, and Floyd would not even be able to get his respect.

Comment

Working...
                      X