Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Golovkin Didn't Want Lara - And Canelo Beat Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
    Plys, k2 has said Lara never called them once. Lara publicaly said he wants 3-6 million to fight GGG.

GGG himself just got his first 2 million dollar payday. No, they're not calling Lara begging to fight.

Lara wants GGG, do more than talk about it, and for god sakes, take a realistic purse. No one is paying you $3-6 million when you have ten fans.

They said only that it didn't make financial sense, True when Lara wants way more than he is worth.

And GGG is the laughing stock. Funny, because I keep seeing articles calling him the best, and wondering if he is the man now.

And recently Jordan came calling.

If signing to Apple & Jordan, and plunking the shiiiit out of Canelo, right out of his titles makes you the laughing stock, then so be it. But then it's GGG whose getting the last laugh.

First, Canelo will duck GGG. Second, You can't duck a guy who does fight in your division. Canelo is a MW with three MW titles.

GGG never said he wouldn't fight Lara, k2 said it doesn't make financial sense. It doesn't when Lara wants three to six times what he's worth.

The guy can't sell his own fights, wtf does he think k2 is gonna come begging him to overpay him.

It's not like the haters old suddenly be like, oh, he beat a good fighter. They'd make excuses. By overpaying Lara, GGG would chase him around for 8 tprounds before making him quit. Haters will say Lara is too small.

If Lara comes up to 160 and is willing to take a purse that wouldn't cause K2 to have to leave SR money to make, then I'd question why they didn't take the fight.

But if Lara is gonna say GGG name on Twitter (usually after he signs for a fight or is told to take a mandatory, like lara recently did), then it's a safe bet Lara isn't serious.

How about calling K2 and negotiating a legit purse? Why would he try that.
    loeffler offered the fight to abel sanchez, and sanchez said no.
    http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkins...rn-shot--93854

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      ''shot angulo.'' lol. yeah, just like the ''shot old Cotto.''

Lara beats any 154 boxer. it's boxing. how much boxing have you ever watched when a boxer gets floored by a known hard puncher and gets right up? As if Lara is like Khan or Ortiz...
      I dont know about that. I'd probably favor Andrade or either Charlo to beat him. And I'd even give Willie Nelson a 50-50 shot.

for some reason you guys insist that Lara is some kind of boogeyman or something. The guy had draws with Molina and Martirosyan for crying out loud. (let that sink in for a minute)

Comment

Originally posted by LoveWisdomTruth View Post
        How come Canelo refused a rematch with Lara?

GGG was calling on everybody to fight him at 160, Never heard of Lara pushing for a fight with GGG. I wish what GGG would say about it.

GGG is the best at 160 pounds, and Canelo clearly stated he wants the fight with GGG at 155 pounds which is not the middle weight. Not to mention on the ring Canelo won't be himself 155 pounds, but 170. Maybe GGG should agree at 155 , but on the ring no more than 160 pounds.
        Because he already beat Lara and makes more money fighting other fighters. LMAO GGG doesn't make more money then a Lara fight would be and has never fought anyone as good as Lara and for the guy who screams no one will fight me (even though that is BS) he and his camp like to pretend they don't hear Lara calling him out instead let's fight wade a bum for less money. SMH Canelo is 25 and already stepped up and fought and beat better fighters. When will GGG at 34 do this? I don't even care if he fights canelo at this point. Guys a fraud and needs to stop fighting the Wade's of the world. Move up or down from 160 which is hot garbage or stop crying about not getting big fights and just fight tomato cans the rest of your career.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          I dont know about that. I'd probably favor Andrade or either Charlo to beat him. And I'd even give Willie Nelson a 50-50 shot.

for some reason you guys insist that Lara is some kind of boogeyman or something. The guy had draws with Molina and Martirosyan for crying out loud. (let that sink in for a minute)
          Draws as in you agree with the judges?..

Comment

Gomez statement about GGG not facing Ward. Garcia's statement about fight Floyd at 154 but not Canelo at 155. And now Oscar's statement about Lara. All these arguments have been made on social media and boxing forums. And people still don't believe there are people in boxing who read these forums and other social media? This stuff is a gold mine for promoters and fighters. Companies pay research companies millions to find out what consumers are thinking. They can come here and get it for free.

Comment

Why so many road blocks though?!? It's reasons like this why idiots can still claim "GGG hasn't fought anybody, hurr hurr" These guys will come up with any excuse not to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                The question is when is GGG going to fight anyone credible? At some point anyone with a brain will realize saying no one will fight me doesn't excuse fighting guys unknown bums like Wade who are 100 to 1 underdogs. He says no one will fight him but he cant fight canelo at 155 one pound higher then the 154 he said he would go to for floyd? Multiple guys will fight him at 168 including ward, he said he would go to 168 but then refused when ward called his bluff? And Lara has been calling him out even saying he'll go to 160. So why are none of these better fights happening? Instead GGG does the bait and switch. Calls out fighters then refuses to do what he says 154 or 168 and then fights bums like wade. But he says Lara is not a big name yet wade is? Fact is he has better options for fights why won't he take them?
                ohh, so you do support this kind of behaviour...lame bro.

Lineal MW champion of the world, dont want to fight his mandatory at MW, that is lame.

Spin it how you want it, all day....but this kind of comments are plain ducking and deflecting...

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  Because he already beat Lara and makes more money fighting other fighters. LMAO GGG doesn't make more money then a Lara fight would be and has never fought anyone as good as Lara and for the guy who screams no one will fight me (even though that is BS) he and his camp like to pretend they don't hear Lara calling him out instead let's fight wade a bum for less money. SMH Canelo is 25 and already stepped up and fought and beat better fighters. When will GGG at 34 do this? I don't even care if he fights canelo at this point. Guys a fraud and needs to stop fighting the Wade's of the world. Move up or down from 160 which is hot garbage or stop crying about not getting big fights and just fight tomato cans the rest of your career.
                  GGG would have to take a pay cut to do a Lara fight.

Lara doesnt sell even a single ticket more than Wade did, but would want at least 3-5 times the purse Wade got. Unlike Haymon, who is just fine losing millions of dollars of other peoples money, K2 is not a charity and not in the business of losing money

And on what planet would it make sense for GGG to take a pay cut in order to fight Lara? Sure, I can imagine GGG sitting at home saying "gee I wonder if I cut my purse in half and give it to Lara would those 7 nerds on NSB suddenly respect me?"
                  Last edited by OnePunch; 05-03-2016, 08:29 AM.

Comment

GGG ducked Lara, who's in a different weight class? The same Lara who got knocked down twice by an over the hill Angulo? Got it Oscar.

Comment

Or perhaps it has to do with the fact that all three times Lara has mentioned Golovkin he's named his next fight within 72 hours..coincidence? Haven't we seen this from all the loudmouths who want Golovkin on twitter but unlike Ward couldn't show us any proof they even attempted to make the fight? Dislike of a person can make normal regular people turn absolutely f'ing stupid. Lara does not want Golovkin, Lara has been dropped by lower tiered punchers and he's got nothing in his arsenal to keep Golovkin off him except a jab and i'm sorry but that ain't going to stop Golovkin from wrecking him to the body, slowing him down, and putting him down.

Comment

Working...
                      X