Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan: I Know I'll Beat Canelo, Remember Sugar Ray vs. Hagler?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ham Porter View Post
    Leonard almost got KTFO by Quincy Taylor in sparring. Imagine what Khan would do to him.
    your funny..were talking the same SRL that beat Hearns?..yeah I dont think Khan would have been able to do anything againts SRL.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Booth View Post
      How long before the fight was the weigh-in in the old days ?

What weight would Hagler have been be stepping into the ring ?
      Built differently (Canelo and Hagler) but Hagler wasn't exactly a big middle. I think Canelo is naturally heavier but he's fighting 5 pounds under so fight night a 155 canelo is probably still slightly heavier than Hagler. Hagler was lean and rock solid at 160 and never seemed like he had to cut too much weight. He fought at his natural weight class basically. Still.. I guess it's not as easy to find info like we have access to now 20 some plus years ago. We couldnt youtube all the progress and interviews like we can do now lol.

Comment

Lmfao. Nice assessment doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Pozomuro View Post
          Can somebody tell this idiot that he is no Leonard. Besides, I watched that fight live and I still thing Hagler won. You can just win a fight flurrying the last 30 seconds of every round.
          I agree, Hagler won. Sugar Ray's lil razzle dazzle at the end of each round captured the crowd like a Rocky movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
            Well seeing as leonard easily breezed the first 4 rounds....add the 6th,10th,11th and it's already a draw....those round were won clearly by leonard...and if you consider the 9th round where there were 17 more punches thrown in that round than hagler vs Hearns 1st round....is hardly flurrying just 30 seconds....but I suppose you expect a fighter who weighs 10lbs naturally lighter to stand toe 2 toe and unload punches with the toughest middleweight there has ever been...leonard won the fight and amir Khan would not even come up in the same conversation as the great sugar ray leonard...leonard is a fighter of a lifetime...Khan is nothing
            I'm just saying that he didn't do enough to win. I haven,t seen that fight in a long time but I remember Leonard running like crazy and Hagler stalking him. Leonard did connect some punches but Hagler's punches were the ones that did more damage. Anyway.... I was 16 at the time so I could be wrong as I'm more experienced now that I was then (I'll look it up in YouTube to refresh my memory). I have always wonder why Hagler retired after that fight not to be seen again. I wouldn't be surprised if that fight was fixed with Hagler receiving a ton of money to throw it.

Comment

ROFL. Bad assessment THOUGH.

Lenard had a much better chin.

Comment

Sugar Amir doing what he does best, living in a fantasy.

Comment

khan is no SRL but then again canola is no hagler so maybe sugar ray khan is on to something i mean he is faster than SRL ever was

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
                    your funny..were talking the same SRL that beat Hearns?..yeah I dont think Khan would have been able to do anything againts SRL.

That was nearly 40 years ago, bro - we've moved on since then. Those guys were good for their time, but they're waaaaaaaay behind in comparison to someone like Khan. It's evolution, bro.

Comment

Khan is delusional comparing himself to the great Sugar Ray Leonard. Even stating that he would use Mayweather’s blueprint to defeat Canelo is preposterous. Khan does not possess the prowess, or anywhere near the skills and ring generalship of Mayweather. When Khan fights Canelo, he’s not going to be able to throw a combination and immediately hold like he’s been doing and getting away with in every fight since being trained by Virgil Hunter. Isn’t going to happen. Canelo’s too strong.
                      Last edited by armindo54; 03-16-2016, 04:31 PM. Reason: grammer error

Comment

Working...
                      X