Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religious or not,what do you think happens after you die?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random thoughts on the topic:

The prospect of death scares me so I try not to think about it. I'm OK with ceasing to exist, I just want to have a long productive and satisfying life before my body calls it quits. The thought of a premature death terrifies me.

There is no proof that your spirit lives on after your body dies so why should we think otherwise?

I'm pretty certain that ghosts do not exist but a small part of me believes, or wants to believe. After all, there have been voluminous accounts of ghosts from early man to the present. Are all these people who 'witnessed' a ghost delusional or liars? I don't know..

The existence of ghosts would or might prove that your spirit lives on after death..
    Last edited by BostonGuy; 11-21-2012, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
      I reckon it'd be exactly how it was like before you were born.
      ooooooooh... conscious thought

Comment

It's just like falling asleep, except you don't dream or wake up.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          Random thoughts on the topic:

The prospect of death scares me so I try not to think about it. I'm OK with ceasing to exist, I just want to have a long productive and satisfying life before my body calls it quits. The thought of a premature death terrifies me.

There is no proof that your spirit lives on after your body dies so why should we think otherwise?

I'm pretty certain that ghosts do not exist but a small part of me believes, or wants to believe. After all, there have been voluminous accounts of ghosts from early man to the present. Are all these people who 'witnessed' a ghost delusional or liars? I don't know..

The existence of ghosts would or might prove that your spirit lives on after death..
          Seriously not trying to sound like the tough guy because I'm not but I never understood people's fear of death. I guess it might be cultural, in America I notice people being infatuated with the fear of death and aging, not so in Mexico.

Mexican culture embraces it, even as children the stories they tell us are about death and suffering.

I don't want to die but being scared of death is like being scared of rain, or getting sick. It's going to happen, we just don't know when. So the best thing to do is live your life to the fullest and understand the most important things in life and the relationships you have with the people you care about.

Comment

its like turning off a light switch and everything goes black...Game Over.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
              I reckon it'd be exactly how it was like before you were born.
              I hope not, I'm claustrophobic. My guess is worm food, at least until the universe starts to contract. Then the worms will puke you out, they'll dig you out of the grave and you'll live your life backwards until you get sucked back into the womb. Or not.

Comment

The neurosurgeon who went to heaven realized that the fundamental reality of man is not the material reality of the universe but of the SOUL. Many have been deceived into thinking that nothingness awaits us after death when in fact there is an ETERNITY that awaits the soul after death.

Our bodies on this earth are but mortal and will wither. But our souls are immortal.

There are only 3 places a soul will end up depending on one's actions during his/her lifetime. Heaven, Purgatory or Hell.

Humanity is lucky because the illumination of conscience is near. Where the truth of creation and of God will finally be revealed to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  Seriously not trying to sound like the tough guy because I'm not but I never understood people's fear of death. I guess it might be cultural, in America I notice people being infatuated with the fear of death and aging, not so in Mexico.

Mexican culture embraces it, even as children the stories they tell us are about death and suffering.

I don't want to die but being scared of death is like being scared of rain, or getting sick. It's going to happen, we just don't know when. So the best thing to do is live your life to the fullest and understand the most important things in life and the relationships you have with the people you care about.

^^ This

"You're already dead. You've been already dead since the day you were born. Once you accept this, you'll accept anything." - Savages
                  I think that's a great quote even though it came from a fictional movie.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mokmokv2 View Post
                      The neurosurgeon who went to heaven realized that the fundamental reality of man is not the material reality of the universe but of the SOUL. Many have been deceived into thinking that nothingness awaits us after death when in fact there is an ETERNITY that awaits the soul after death.

Our bodies on this earth are but mortal and will wither. But our souls are immortal.

There are only 3 places a soul will end up depending on one's actions during his/her lifetime. Heaven, Purgatory or Hell.

Humanity is lucky because the illumination of conscience is near. Where the truth of creation and of God will finally be revealed to everyone.
                      nice.................

Comment

Working...
                      X