No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peterson, Khan Ready To Leave ‘No Doubt’ In Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Peterson, Khan Ready To Leave ‘No Doubt’ In Rematch

By Jake Donovan - The May 19 rematch between Lamont Peterson and Amir Khan is officially underway, as both fighters and members of their camp assembled in London on Tuesday to kick off their three-city press tour.

Both fighters agreed to terms last month to settle the score from their 12-round thriller last December, in which Peterson rose from an opening round knockdown to score a split decision over Khan in his Washington D.C. hometown.

For his efforts, Peterson scored the biggest win of his career along with a career-high $650,000 payday. He stands to make ‘substantially more’ for the rematch, which airs live on HBO as was the case with the first fight. In agreeing to terms for a second dance with the former pound-for-pound entrant, Peterson gets the chance to prove that last year’s win was no fluke, nor did it require the assistance of outside influences.

“I don’t feel disrespected, but… well, I honestly don’t know how I feel about all of it,” Peterson (30-1-1, 15KO) said of the protests filed and remarks made by Khan in the fight’s aftermath. “Regardless of what he say(s), I’m still the champ and got plans on remaining champ come May 19.” [Click Here To Read More]

I thought Khan did enough to win the first fight if it wasn't for the 2 points, I think he'll win the second unless Lemont decides not to box and attacks the body early.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
      I thought Khan did enough to win the first fight if it wasn't for the 2 points, I think he'll win the second unless Lemont decides not to box and attacks the body early.
      Did you factor in the knockdown Khan was credited with but wasn't even a knockdowm=n

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
        Did you factor in the knockdown Khan was credited with but wasn't even a knockdowm=n
        Take away the KD and keep the point deductions and Khan still won

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Take away the KD and keep the point deductions and Khan still won
          Khan won the fight if you score by clean effective pushing.

Comment

Khan lost the first fight and there is no way he was supposed be up so much point wise on one of the judges score cards. On top of that,the knock down was suspect from Khan. Looked more like a push. Khan was pushing, holding and pushing Peterson's neck down, on top of that,Khan was running. why people think Khan won or got robbed is beyond me. Peterson is going on to serve Khan up in the rematch.
            Last edited by GRUSTLER; 03-13-2012, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
              Khan won the fight if you score by clean effective pushing.
              Get some new material

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Get some new material
                Why? It never gets old.
                You either score piddy padder punches, or the clean effective pushing if you thought Khan won. Thats all he did all night, throw fast meaningless shots, grab, hold, and push. Peterson had Khan hurt 4 or 5 times in that fight and Peterson was hurt a little one time in the 9th.
                Your just a Khan fanboy, not a boxing fan there is a difference.

Comment

Without the knockdown and the points deduction the fight was a draw or a 2 point win for either guy. I thought Lamont controlled the ring better but was only fighting in spots while Khan was effective at times when there was space, but spent too much time with his back against the ropes. Should be another good fight, and I think this time Khan will probably take it, if he can keep from lunging and telegraphing his right hands.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                    Why? It never gets old.
                    You either score piddy padder punches, or the clean effective pushing if you thought Khan won. Thats all he did all night, throw fast meaningless shots, grab, hold, and push. Peterson had Khan hurt 4 or 5 times in that fight and Peterson was hurt a little one time in the 9th.
                    Your just a Khan fanboy, not a boxing fan there is a difference.
                    Not at all, I thought Peterson had won when I first watched it. But scoring round by round, he has no case.

Comment

Working...
                    X