Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Vick vs Tom Brady, who does your MVP pick go to?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sigrab View Post
    I think what's gonna go against Vick is the fact that the Eagles were winning with Kolb too.
    That's not true. They lost to both the Titans and the Redskins with Kolb starting. Scoring a combined 31 points in both games. And with Kolb starting they were losing badly to Green Bay (by three touchdowns) until Vick came in and made it a 27-20 game. With Vick starting they scored 58 points against the Redskins alone. There is no question that they are a different team with Vick at QB. That's not even debatable. Kolb gets far more credit than he deserves as it it is. He hasn't proven anything yet.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      That's not true. They lost to both the Titans and the Redskins with Kolb starting. Scoring a combined 31 points in both games. And with Kolb starting they were losing badly to Green Bay (by three touchdowns) until Vick came in and made it a 27-20 game. With Vick starting they scored 58 points against the Redskins alone. There is no question that they are a different team with Vick at QB. That's not even debatable. Kolb gets far more credit than he deserves as it it is. He hasn't proven anything yet.
      Ummm Kolb didn't start against the Skins, Vick did but got injured, that's how he got the starting job back in relief of Vick.

Then he beat the Niners in SF and handed ATL 1 of their only 2 losses.

He had a bad game against the Titans in Ten., **** happens.

Vick wasn't such a stud either against the Bears.

Like I said, **** happens.

Look, I'm not saying Kolb is better than Vick, but Kolb was good enough to win them some games.

Take Vick out of that lineup, you got Kolb who could win.

Take Brady out of NE's lineup, see what happens.

So, who's more valuable to their team right now?

Comment

A co MVP would be cool Vick is more deserving than McNair was.

Comment

Vick. He's a double threat. He can be equally as deadly passing as he can running the ball. There is no other QB in the league that does that. And unlike Brady he's doing it with a sub par offensive line.
          brady has the best record in the afc with the worst defense in the league and the nfl is about winning and your best chance of winning as a quarter back is to play the pocket and if i'm not mistaken vick has 4 int in his last 3 games

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
            LOL of course he is.

You wanted Peyton to be MVP by himself.

Comment

LOL of course he is.

You wanted Peyton to be MVP by himself.
              Manning did some serious dirt that year.

Comment

Manning did some serious dirt that year.
                Manning does some serious dirt every year.

This yr is his worst I've seen only because the opposing teams know it's going to be a pass like 90% of the time.

Everyone around him's injured and the Colts still manage to win some games and are now leading their division.

I don't like him one bit but you just can't deny how great of a player he is.

Comment

[U]Ummm Kolb didn't start against the Skins, Vick did but got injured, that's how he got the starting job back in relief of Vick.[/U]

Yeah and they lost with Kolb.

Then he beat the Niners in SF and handed ATL 1 of their only 2 losses.

He had a bad game against the Titans in Ten., **** happens.
                  Like I said, **** happens.

Look, I'm not saying Kolb is better than Vick, but Kolb was good enough to win them some games.

Take Vick out of that lineup, you got Kolb who could win.

Take Brady out of NE's lineup, see what happens.

So, who's more valuable to their team right now?

Had another bad game against Green bay. Bad game against Washington as well. So **** must happen a lot for Kolb. I see you conveniently left that out. Uhhhm... yeah Vick started but he also left with an injury in the first quarter. I don't think I need to say what happened when Vick played the whole game against Washington.

As far as Brady, it already happened once for a whole season. And the patriots went 11-5. Lets not pretend the Patriots would lose every game without Brady.
                  Last edited by joseph5620; 12-23-2010, 12:15 AM.

Comment

I don't know about that.

2003 (14/14, 2/2 – Tennessee): Steve McNair: Named Associated Press co-MVP (Peyton Manning) and Pro Bowl starter after leading the league with a 100.4 rating – the best single-season rating in team history. Also was named Sports Illustrated Player of the Year, SI All-Pro, second team AP All-Pro, Football Digest second team All-Pro and captain of Howie Long’s Tough Guy Team. Completed 250 of 400 pass attempts for 3,215 yards, 24 touchdowns and only seven interceptions. With a league-high 8.04 yards per pass attempt, became the first AFC quarterback since Jim Harbaugh (8.20) in 1995 to finish the season averaging more than eight yards per attempt. Led the AFC (second in NFL) with a 96.8 rating in the fourth quarter and led the league with a 117.7 rating on third down. With rushing totals of 38 carries for 138 yards and four touchdowns, was one of only two NFL quarterbacks (Brett Favre) to produce at least one touchdown in every game he played. Battled right calf and left ankle injuries to start 14 games, sitting out contests against Buffalo (12/14) and Tampa Bay (12/28).

Comment

Had another bad game aginst Green bay. Bad game against Washington as well. So **** must happen a lot for Kolb. I see you conveniently left that out. Uhhhm... yeah Vick started but he also left with an injury in the first quarter. I don't think I need to say what happened when Vick played the whole game against Washington.

As far as Brady, it already happened once for a whole season. And the patriots went 11-5. Lets not pretend the Patriots would lose every game without Brady.
                      Green Bay was his first start ever.

Remember how Vick or Peyton looked on their first start?

And I guess you missed the part where I said I wasn't implying by any means that Kolb is better than Vick.

With regards to Brady, I thought we were talking about this yr?

I never said Brady should be MVP every yr from 2000 til 2020.

Almost everyone knew that Cassell was capable if given the chance when he was with NE.

Who's NE's backup QB this yr?

Do you even know his name?

Lemme rephrase what I said earlier to be more clear...

What happens to the Pats THIS YEAR if Brady gets seriously injured 1st play of their game this Sunday?

Comment

Working...
                      X