life question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• life question

hey all,

ive been boxing on and off for about 5 years (proper ABA registered gym, coaches etc) had 9 contents, can honestly put my hands up and say that during those 5 years never been 100% fit or dedicated, 70% maximum...ive stopped boxing now for about the last year.

im 20 and 6 feet tall, weigh 76 kilos at the moment even though my fighting weight has always been 70-72.. for the past year i havent done a mile of roadwork, all ive been eating is crap, mcds kfc etc... but the love of boxing has just been burning me up for the past 3 months..and i havent done anything about it... now heres the question...is 20 years old too old to make myself into a pro boxer? this time im ready to dedicate 110% and i know that if im too make it i need to start now...

what would you guys advise? do you think at 20 if i reincarnate myself i can still go far?

thanks in advance for all your replies

Definitely not too late man. I think Tarver didn't turn pro til his late 20's. There are a few more boxers who've done it as well. As long as you're dedicated I think you can do it man.

Comment

thanks man... another thing which will give me the drive is that i already got a stable career so i will need to put myself into boxing 110% to get my success...i know its a long bumpy road though...

Comment

never too late! but once you become a pro you can't quit half way through, so if you have the guts and dedication, train hard, eat well and don't over train. don't give up this time though, there are no second chances once you enter the world of the professionals! good luck and stay safe

Comment

Got any of your sparring videos you can post?

Comment

sorry cuz...no videos of me at all...can get some videos of me on heavy bag but hey anyone can look a million bucks on the bags or pads but be crap in the ring...

infact..thinking about it...i do have some dvds of a few of my fights, but i would have no idea how to put em on on the net?

Comment

I think you should go Amateur first. You can be an amateur until you are 34 so you have time to do it. I mean it isn't good to throw yourself into pro even if you met a bum, they will probably have a lot more experience then you via amateur. I say do AB for a year so you get more experience and can develop more. If you have the possibility fight as many Ab matches you can get. AB will get you in excellent shape and would make you disciplined in fear of making a fool out of yourself infront of your coaches and gymmates

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
                I think you should go Amateur first. You can be an amateur until you are 34 so you have time to do it. I mean it isn't good to throw yourself into pro even if you met a bum, they will probably have a lot more experience then you via amateur. I say do AB for a year so you get more experience and can develop more. If you have the possibility fight as many Ab matches you can get. AB will get you in excellent shape and would make you disciplined in fear of making a fool out of yourself infront of your coaches and gymmates
                You can be amateur until you're 100 years old+..lol

Comment

It's never to late to start bro.

Look at Martinez, only hit the big time around 2 years ago. He is what 35,36?

Age is just a number. If your up to the job, then get back in there. What's stopping you!

Comment

Working...
                  X