Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher all time RJJ, Hopkins or Calzaghe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Hyde;6747656]hold on now, not all european fighters are jokes but otherwise i agree, calzaghe doesn't belong with atg's like rjj and b-hop.

Calzaghe was no better than Zsolt Erdei and Sven Ottke.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
      LMFAO.

Hopkin's resume is garbage and I love the way Calzaghe actually holds a win over Hopkins and yet you rank him far lower!

Worst thread ever.

Any time Hopkins faces someone that isn't **** and is his own size (Green Jones, Taylor x2, Calaghe, Mitchell) he losses.

Also, we shouldn't forget the amazing draw with Segundo Mercado he got after being knocked down twice. Haha. Hopkins beats welterweights....
      Camacho owns a win against Sugar Ray Leonard, Vinny Paz holds a win against Duran...So should Camacho and Pazienza be ranked higher than SRL and Duran?

Comment

Originally posted by 123tyson123 View Post
        Hopkins resume is garbage? Tarver and Trinidad are the only 2 good names?
        Go back and read my post again. I used very careful language - something that was obviously lost on you. I said Hopkins has two good wins - Tarver and Trinidad. I then said yes, he has names on his resume but they were not good fighters after Hopkins had them blown up (Winky, De La Hoya, Pavlik etc etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
          Camacho owns a win against Sugar Ray Leonard, Vinny Paz holds a win against Duran...So should Camacho and Pazienza be ranked higher than SRL and Duran?
          No, because Duran and Leonard exhibited exceptional skills and accomplishments during their primes.

Comment

my all-time rankings.

1. sven ottke-21 dominant title defenses. beat everyone put in front of him. ko'd mundine. didn't duck glen johnson like calzaghe. didn't use his face as a shield like calzaghe. calzaghe refused to face him and fought all his leftovers.

2. zsolt erdei-linear light heavyweight champ. double digit defenses. moved up and captured a cruiserweight belt while being outweighed by 20 pounds.

3. joe calzaghe-"at the end of the day...............calzaghe rules!" and even when he doesn't rule its cause he's "no spring chicken himself"

983. roy jones jr
            last. hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by Hyde View Post
              lmfao he beat a shot 40 year old roy jones jr and a past prime 44 year old hopkins.

being undeafeted means NOTHING when you have a **** resume like slapzaghe.

i guess Zsolt Erdei and Sven Ottke are all time greats aswell? LMFAO.
              Don't be an idiot.
              Calzaghe defended his title 21 times!!!
              It's the 3rd highest total in history for ANY weight class. That's all-time-great material, and the fact that Popkins and Roy were part of Calzaghe's great legacy, means that he ranks higher than them. Not to mention the fact that they both ducked Calzaghe during his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by >Lord13< View Post
                Don't be an idiot.
                Calzaghe defended his title 21 times!!!
                It's the 3rd highest total in history for ANY weight class. That's all-time-great material, and the fact that Popkins and Roy were part of Calzaghe's great legacy, means that he ranks higher than them. Not to mention the fact that they both ducked Calzaghe during his prime.
                yeah he defended a ****ty WBO paper title against bums in his backyard for 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyde View Post
                  yeah he defended a ****ty WBO paper title against bums in his backyard for 10 years.
                  Well he was the man to beat.
                  When you keeping winning, you become THE man, and his backyard was THE backyard. Some (Popkins, Roy) were afraid to step in his backyard, so he came and clowned them both in their turf.

Comment

*waiting for slimshandy to come in and say froch*

Comment

Originally posted by >Lord13< View Post
                      Well he was the man to beat.
                      When you keeping winning, you become THE man, and his backyard was THE backyard. Some (Popkins, Roy) were afraid to step in his backyard, so he came and clowned them both in their turf.
                      fact is he still only beat bums and shot fighters his whole career. Roy jones Jr was 40 years old and shot, whats so hard to understand about that? his win over RJJ means NOTHING. B-Hop was 44 years old and way past his prime aswell yet he still almost beat Calzaghe.

Calzaghe was AFRAID to go to america and fight the likes of tarver, jones jr, hopkins and johnson. while they where in their prime.

its funny how Calzaghe himself called RJJ a shot fighter a few years before they met and then fought him LMFAO.

its also funny how calzaghe rather choose to fight a shot 40 year old roy jones jr that was only a shell of his former self than a prime pavlik, dawson or taylor.

Comment

Working...
                      X