Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Stiverne: Klitschko is Holding The WBC Belt Hostage!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Stiverne: Klitschko is Holding The WBC Belt Hostage!

OTTAWA, Canada -The latest ruling by the World Boxing Council (WBC), allowing its heavyweight champion, Vitali "Dr. Ironfist" Klitschko (45-2, 41 KOs), to avoid fighting No. 1 mandatory challenger Bermane "B. Ware" Stiverne (23-1, 20 KOs), has drawn anger from an increasingly frustrated Team Stiverne.

Stiverne has already won not one, but two WBC title eliminators, the latest against Chris Arreola (35-3, 30 KOs) on HBO this past April 27, and three different mandated purse bids have been postponed. Now, the WBC has announced that the 42-year-old Klitschko has suffered an injury to his right hand and he won't return to the ring until 2014. Plus, the WBC will not make a decision regarding his title situation until the first-quarter of 2014, leaving Stiverne waiting even longer for his much deserved world title shot.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Isn't he 'promoted' by Don King?

If so, kind of an ironic statement.

Comment

Oh wow, news flash.
      Sorry if you haven't realized it until now.... you make money, you keep the belt

Comment

Stiverne vs Solis would be a good fight.

Comment

They should make vitaly champion emetrius or what ever is called and let stiverne face another top contender then winner faces vitaly.

Comment

vitali is holding the belt hostage.

Comment

Enough is enough. Vitali needs to **** or get off the pot.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Enough is enough. Vitali needs to **** or get off the pot.
                I think he's going to do both...because they'll let him

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  I think he's going to do both...because they'll let him
                  I think hes going to retire. he did last time he had the injuries so I dont see why he wouldnt now when hes 42 yrs old. if he doesnt I'll be very disappointed. unfair to the younger up and comers that are waiting

Comment

Klitschko last defended his belt in September 2013

How did he manage that?

Comment

Working...
                    X