No announcement yet.

List of Golden Boy and Al Haymon fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of Golden Boy and Al Haymon fighters

Just to add some clarity as to how the boxing landscape will shift, can someone compile a list of Golden Boy and Al Haymon exclusive fighters? Mayweather saying he won't work with Golden Boy, to me signals that Al Haymon will no longer work with Golden Boy as the two have always been in-step on everything. Haymon doesn't have a website so it's tough to figure out, for instance I just found out that Lara is signed with Haymon, not GBP.

Golden Boy:
    Canelo
    Leo Santa Cruz
    Deontay Wilder
    Abner Mares
    Peter Quillin

Haymon:

Mayweather
    Danny Swift
    Broner
    Khan
    Stevenson
    Lara
    Gary Russell Jr.
    Robert Guerrero
    Carlos Molina
    Lucas Matthysse

From what I gather, this might not mean much at all to end the Cold War, it just might bring over a few fighters like Canelo to the HBO side.

Steve Kim @stevemaxboxing · 54m

Im told Deontay Wilder is another Haymon client not tied to Golden Boy #BOXING

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
      Just to add some clarity as to how the boxing landscape will shift, can someone compile a list of Golden Boy and Al Haymon exclusive fighters? Mayweather saying he won't work with Golden Boy, to me signals that Al Haymon will no longer work with Golden Boy as the two have always been in-step on everything. Haymon doesn't have a website so it's tough to figure out, for instance I just found out that Lara is signed with Haymon, not GBP.

Golden Boy:
      Canelo
      Leo Santa Cruz
      Deontay Wilder
      Abner Mares
      Peter Quillin

Haymon:

Mayweather
      Danny Swift
      Broner
      Khan
      Stevenson
      Lara
      Gary Russell Jr.
      Robert Guerrero
      Carlos Molina
      Lucas Matthysse

From what I gather, this might not mean much at all to end the Cold War, it just might bring over a few fighters like Canelo to the HBO side.
      Deontay Wilder is an Al Haymon fighter you idiot.

Maidana, Trout are also Haymon fighters.

Can't forget milton santiago, another al haymon fighter.

Comment

I looked at the gbp website today, and their roster of fighters include everyone but porter and Floyd...

The only fighters I have heard that were only al haymon was porter, quillen, Thurman, Floyd and not sure if that's accurate..

Khan is most certainly a gbp fighter, he signed with haymon not too long ago but is still with gbp..

Fighters can be signed to gbp and at the same time be signed to advisor al haymon.. I think it's only a handful of guys that are strictly al haymon, while the majority is signed to both..

Comment

Haymon's list of fighters is much much longer than that.

Comment

Austin Trout is another exclusive Haymon fighter.

Comment

i was under the impression that their advisor is haymon, but are signed with golden boy.

Comment

Dear...Schaefer really ****ed over GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  I looked at the gbp website today, and their roster of fighters include everyone but porter and Floyd...

The only fighters I have heard that were only al haymon was porter, quillen, Thurman, Floyd and not sure if that's accurate..

Khan is most certainly a gbp fighter, he signed with haymon not too long ago but is still with gbp..

Fighters can be signed to gbp and at the same time be signed to advisor al haymon.. I think it's only a handful of guys that are strictly al haymon, while the majority is signed to both..
                  This. People are really confused about this Golden Boy-Al Haymon situation.

Matthysse, Guerrero, Khan are definitely promoted by GBP. They signed with Al Haymon recently. Lara is also promoted by GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

Robert Guerrero is the only Haymon advised fighter signed to a exclusive GBP contract; Khan contract ended last year around the time he thought he was getting the Mayweather fight and and he signed with Haymon just before he decided to be in the co-main event you think that was a coincedence. I can could say what i know from being around alot of those guys during the Mayweather-Maidaina fight week but it's better to just watch it play out.
                    Last edited by dc3383; 06-03-2014, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X