No announcement yet.

Chisora wants potential fight v Wlad as 'Rumble In The Jungle II'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chisora wants potential fight v Wlad as 'Rumble In The Jungle II'

If Dereck Chisora continues his current winning streak and finally gets his shot at Wladimir Klitschko this year, he wants to commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the original 'Rumble In the Jungle' between Ali and Foreman in 74' by taking the potential fight back to Zaire (now DR Congo).

How likely would it be to have a world heavyweight title fight in Africa once again, more than a decade after the last one between Lennox and Rahman?

Will Chisora get the wins required to get him his shot at Wlad?

Could this fight even happen this year (due to Wlad's mandatory commitments)?

Would this commemoration fight be a good idea to pay respect to two legends of the HW division?

Discuss

Article link - http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/...145407920.html
    This fight will and should happen!
    20.00%
    Good idea, but won't happen!
    50.00%
    Not sure
    30.00%

The poll is expired.

more like Huggle in the Jungle

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Goddamn you...

I came in here to post the exact same thing.

Comment

Saw that earlier.... only way that happens if if Hyrunov wins it and puts it in Africa

Comment

I'm a Chisora supporter and hope he gets his due for being a nuts and guts warrior but basically unless they drop the ball first Pulev and Perez>Fury>Chisora as I see the contender landscape today. I would like to see the fight though. But if I were Chisora's people I'd want him getting retirement money saved up with that European belt. He's carved himself out a nice place where he's at. He's a good regional star, his name is staying out there, he's winning without getting damaged too much, he's staying in shape, polishing up his technique, etc. He can stay there for a bit and make good money while Klitschko gets a little older. As it is you've got him 38 by his next fight. He might slip some.

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          lol

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            Saw that earlier.... only way that happens if if Hyrunov wins it and puts it in Africa
            Well, possibly. Seems Chisora's plan is to become mandatory and then deliberately not agree to terms for it to go purse bids and win it to get it to Africa. Somehow I don't think Frank Warren will be able to deliver but I mean this idea is out there, it has some potential as a money maker I think depending on if Chisora can beat someone high ranked to be a legitimate mandatory, then maybe Hryunov or another outside party could win the purse bids, if this whole thing managed to happen.

Comment

The Fondle in the Jungle.

As much as I hope Chisora gets his shot, his style guarantees Wlad will hug nonstop and fight like a b*tch.

Comment

Chisora spat in Wladimir's face didn't he,if I was Wladimir I would never give Chisora a voluntary fight and a payday.Chisora has zero chance of forcing a mandatory shot against him as he simply is a very poor boxer,the WBO mandatory wont come around again for at least two years,their isn't a possibility Chisora can remain undefeated over the course of two years when he is mentioning names like Pulev and Fury.

Comment

Chisora has only beaten bums. Whenever he steps up, he loses every single time. He needs to beat some legit heavyweights first before he deserves a shot against Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
                    Chisora has only beaten bums. Whenever he steps up, he loses every single time. He needs to beat some legit heavyweights first before he deserves a shot against Wlad.
                    Helenius? Scott? He lost to Vitali and Haye, two of the three best in the division, and held his own rather well against Vitali. He can probably beat anyone besides Haye and Wlad.

Fury isn't even worth mentioning, Chisora was grossly out of shape and undisciplined. The difference since he started putting more into the sport is great.

Comment

Working...
                    X