Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Lamply dissing Ike Quartey during the telecast?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street bully View Post
    When was Quartey ever passive?

Quartey was a killer in his prime.

Later in his career he depended to much on his jab.

Like the Forrest fight(I thought he won) and the Wright fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggy View Post
      again, what'd he say?
      also, i dont remember if lampley called that fight but i think the commentators had a problem with the decision as well.
      they we're I think either talking about how clottey fades late in fights or him being too passive and then lampley out of the blue said " Very Quartey like " I prolly was during the middle rounds where jim was getting frustrated with clottey LOL. before The Bang Bang rampage.

Comment

i usually like lampley but he was a complete moron on saturday night quartey was a warrior the only thing that ike and clottey have in common is that they are both from ghana cuz i dont remember ike fighting anything like joshua did the other night. i think lampley might have been under the influence

Comment

Quartey wasn't passive in his loss against Vargas. Both guys took a good deal of punishment, Quartey's best round was the 9th after having taken a lot of shots throughout the fight.

Both Quartey and De La Hoya were pretty passive for most of the fight. De La Hoya caught Quartey with the left hook in the last round and nearly stopped him, and they had that really good 6th round, but most of the fight consisted of Quartey doing a little bit, De La Hoya doing even less.

It's been awhile since I saw Quartey's draw with Lopez but I don't remember him being too passive in that one either. He jabbed the hell out of Lopez but got caught with some good shots, resulting in knockdowns.

I don't remember exactly how Quartey and Wright fought in terms of being aggressive or passive. The most memorable thing about that fight was that idiot yelling "bye bye Ike" throughout the fight. Someone should've smacked him.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
            Quartey wasn't passive in his loss against Vargas. Both guys took a good deal of punishment, Quartey's best round was the 9th after having taken a lot of shots throughout the fight.

Both Quartey and De La Hoya were pretty passive for most of the fight. De La Hoya caught Quartey with the left hook in the last round and nearly stopped him, and they had that really good 6th round, but most of the fight consisted of Quartey doing a little bit, De La Hoya doing even less.

It's been awhile since I saw Quartey's draw with Lopez but I don't remember him being too passive in that one either. He jabbed the hell out of Lopez but got caught with some good shots, resulting in knockdowns.

I don't remember exactly how Quartey and Wright fought in terms of being aggressive or passive. The most memorable thing about that fight was that idiot yelling "bye bye Ike" throughout the fight. Someone should've smacked him.
            I ****ing hate this guy. He's really loud in the vargas and Hopkins fights too. He's that black guy in Winky's corner. He kept yelling "WOOOOOOOOO" every time Winky would land.

Also he was getting pissed Hopkins was doing dirty tactics and so he was screaming at Winky "WHEN THAT MOTHER****ER HITS YOU LOW, YOU DAWG HIM BACK! DONT LET THAT ****ER GET AWAY"

Meanwhile Dan Birmingham is all calm and collected "Just box em wink"

Comment

Working...
            X