No announcement yet.

Will Corrales and Castillo take their rightful places in the IBHOF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Corrales and Castillo take their rightful places in the IBHOF

Corrales and Castillo fought the greatest championship fight I've ever witnessed live and I have been watching and following boxing since the late 80's as a child.

Corrales is a two weight titlist(Ibf and wbo @ 130 and WBC/RING/ lineal lightweight championship

Wins over former champions/titlists Castillo, Casamayor, Robert Garcia, Derrick Gainer, Acelino Freitas, Gary St.Clair

Castillo is a 2x WBC lightweight titleholder and was the lineal lightweight champion as well

Best wins over former champions/titlists Corrales, Stevie Johnston, Jorge Paez, Cesar Bazan, Casamayor, Julio Diaz

Both were the cream of the crop not named Floyd Mayweather @ 130-135 and they cleaned out the divisions between them.

I think they are more deserving than guys like Arturo Gatti, Barry Mcguigan, Pipino Cuevas, and Mancini because they were exciting and also had world class skills and were at one time or another the best or one of the best at their weights in their era.

Castillo should, corrales no.

Comment

To me they both fall short, but I won't complain if they get in.

Comment

Idk but that 3 fight win streak that Chico had of Casamayor,Freitas,and Castillo is as good as anybody has had in the history of boxing!

Comment

Considering that Gatti is in there they both should get in because they are far better. The standards are obviously low and there are already boxer's that shouldn't be in there. It's too late to start raising standards.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
            Idk but that 3 fight win streak that Chico had of Casamayor,Freitas,and Castillo is as good as anybody has had in the history of boxing!
            I agree. A fews weeks ago someone here - I can't recall who - said Corrales was just a fun fighter... A fun fighter with wins over Casamayor - Castillo - Freitas.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
              I agree. A fews weeks ago someone here - I can't recall who - said Corrales was just a fun fighter... A fun fighter with wins over Casamayor - Castillo - Freitas.
              Lol Casuals what ya gonna do

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                Considering that Gatti is in there they both should get in because they are far better. The standards are obviously low and there are already boxer's that shouldn't be in there. It's too late to start raising standards.
                This is my problem with guys like Gatti getting in. It lowers the bar so much that basically anybody that won a belt on tv gets in. I don't think Gatti should ever have gotten into the HOF.

Comment

Corrales will; voters will hold Castillo not making weight a few times against him.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                    Corrales will; voters will hold Castillo not making weight a few times against him.
                    That would be dumb everybody makes mistakes he had a heck of a career.

Comment

Working...
                    X