Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The definition of irrelevancy in boxing today!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The definition of irrelevancy in boxing today!

What is the point?

S'up Timbo, I cannot stand any of those ****ers and as for Povetkin last night that was a case of Rahman being a painfully slow, shot, fat old man rather than Povetkin being anything special!

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      S'up Timbo, I cannot stand any of those ****ers and as for Povetkin last night that was a case of Rahman being a painfully slow, shot, fat old man rather than Povetkin being anything special!
      It annoys me how box-nation has the front to even talk about Rahman as a competitor. He was done a decade ago.

Phrases like 'the last thing to go is the power' is only relevant when a boxer still has an ounce of heart left if him. Rahman was past shot, and the fight shouldn't have been sanctioned let alone broadcast on television. If I was a boxer I'd be ashamed to step in the ring with someone so far below me and I'd refuse to fight them.

Obviously the promoters are the main reason for this, but the fighters always have a say. If I was Cleverly I'd refuse to fight the bum's he is fed. If I was HBO I'd refuse to air Alexander because he's a boring fighter.

Last night annoyed me.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
        It annoys me how box-nation has the front to even talk about Rahman as a competitor. He was done a decade ago.

Phrases like 'the last thing to go is the power' is only relevant when a boxer still has an ounce of heart left if him. Rahman was past shot, and the fight shouldn't have been sanctioned let alone broadcast on television. If I was a boxer I'd be ashamed to step in the ring with someone so far below me and I'd refuse to fight them.

Obviously the promoters are the main reason for this, but the fighters always have a say. If I was Cleverly I'd refuse to fight the bum's he is fed. If I was HBO I'd refuse to air Alexander because he's a boring fighter.

Last night annoyed me.
        Couldn't agree more my man.....

Rahman barely made it down the stairs on his ring walk FFS, he is DONE! The Lewis fight was like 11 years ago now man and his last win of ANY note was in 05 against, Monte Barret in a stinker and even that aint really a good win!

I hope Bellew gets a Clev rematch and fukks his ***** up!

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          Couldn't agree more my man.....

Rahman barely made it down the stairs on his ring walk FFS, he is DONE! The Lewis fight was like 11 years ago now man and his last win of ANY note was in 05 against, Monte Barret in a stinker and even that aint really a good win!

I hope Bellew gets a Clev rematch and fukks his ***** up!
          Bellew is a cracking fighter. I didn't used to like him all that much, but he know's his shortfalls, and admits he isn't an elite fighter, unlike Cleverly who thinks he's world class. The difference is that Bellew is willing to work for the accolades he is given. Fighters like Cleverly want them because they are popular and hold a paper world title.

Comment

Working...
          X