No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather .... Greatness and something else

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather .... Greatness and something else

This is one mans opinion. I am speaking by myself here and I say that just to take the safe route even tho I know I am not alone in this matter.

This is not a hate thread towards Floyd Mayweather. This is not a thread to discredit Floyd Mayweather in anyway. He has fought more than decent opposition and in my eyes his skills and talent in boxing as of this day are unmatched , and I dont say it just to kiss ass. He is really a great athlete , he works hard and that is something to look up too. And I will defend him where he deserves it.

But at the same time , I feel Floyd Mayweather has disrespected boxing all around the world. I cannot be true to my self either if I just stay quiet. Is not like I want an apology , I dont want my money back from all the fights I have bought of him. I just want to share with you guys.

Before I found out bout this great forum there werent many people out there that I could hold a good conversation about boxing that had a good foundation. And like we all know Floyd is very famous , nobody can deny that fact. To those who are not "hardcore" fans , he is the best. And even tho I dont agree completely , I cant dispute it because nobody has proven it other wise.

But this website actually keeps you up to date about so many details and so much good info. That it only makes you more knowledgeable about boxing and its history. Thanks to the website and a LOT of good posters here that know their stuff too.

So what Im about to share like I said are my opinions and how I feel towards Floyd , you are welcome to red k me , call me a troll a ******* a cottostan , etc etc etc.

First off , Floyd Mayweather fought his way to the top. He fought corrales , castillo , baldomir , gatti , bruseles , Judah etc etc etc , some pretty good opponents.

I cannot take anything away from him cuz I am a nobody , He is the one that fights , he is the one that puts on a show. But this "nobody" has bought a good portion of his fights , so I think I am entitled to speak my mind too.

I think Mayweather is a sell out to the sport , And mostly to himself. yes boxing is "like" a business but is a sport first. Is a psort that has a lot of loyal fans like myself. That wants to see the best fights possible. Now I know fighters have promoters , and fighters are human , so at some point they should grow scared/nervoud of the kind of opposition they have grown to take on. But if u are scared then u should just quit.

One thing I cannot stand about mayweather , Is the way he contradicts himself , and disrespects fans at the same time while doing it.

He says he is his own promoter , but then says negotiations are not up to him. Didnt he lay the demands on the table for the Pac fight. So he is negotiating.

He says he is the face of the sport , but yet denies fighters who are hungry to prove and to be the best and people of the fights they want to see. He says he is the face of the sport , and that all roads lead to Mayweather , but in the last 3 years , only 3 FIGHTERS WITH NO CHANCE HAVE SEEN THE END OF THAT ROAD.

I cannot say I am not satisfied with the performances he puts on. HE IS TODAYS MOST TALENTED BOXER , REAL BOXER. So I can appreciate what he does in the ring.

He says forget about my past when I said I wanted to get in a brawl with Mosley , but yet he expects to be called the greatest when he is still active and his best fights are way in the past.

He says that he lives in the present but everytime he speaks bout Mosley all he can think of saying is We all know Mosley did Steroids. That to me is living in the past.

He says that all roads lead to him , and then states how all top ww are beating each other becasue they are actually fighting each other. Yet no top ww in the past 5 years has seen the end of that road.

So what are his claims about. Is he blind. Is he just speaking out of his ass. He says he is an entertainer. He says this is a business. He says his skills pay his bills. ( I cant hate on him for paying his bills) BUT DONT CALL YOURSELF THE GREATEST WHEN YOU SAY ALL ROADS LEAD TO YOU. AND YOU SAY YOU ARE YOUR OWN PROMOTER , FAIL TO FIGHT THE BEST AT THE MOMENT , HEN YOU SAY THINGS LIKE "MAYWEATHER PICKS HIS OPPONENTS".

He has contradicted himself in all possible ways.

And then when people confront him , all he can come up with is that we dont know him?? Wo only know as much as you want us to know.

He let me knows , he dont want to fight a guy in his prime anymore. He lets me know , he only fights for money , he lets me know does not care about cementing his legacy in boxing fans minds because in his own head he is the greatest.

Floyd needs to come back to reality and be realistic. He owns fans and the sport all the glory and all the things we once gave him. If he does not want to fight the best. The retire and go wrestle , go dance with the stars.

Boxing is a sport first then a business. Because you cannot do business , unless you are a good athlete in this sport. So do us all a favor and pick a side.

I can personally say , I have bought his last 3 fights with my hopes up. Hoping he will lose so we can have another good fighter who realizes he is also human , so he can come back to fighting for pride and glory. Not cherry pick his way to his own glory and riches.

And once again I will be buying MOSLEY- Mayweather. I would be looking forward to seeing Mayweather showcase his talent yes. But what Ill be looking for the most is Actually seeing a fighter (MOSLEY) Who at 39 and with his legacy pretty much built , is still hungry , is still trying to prove he is the best , and is still willing to face the best to prove it. Who has his feet on the ground. Who has his mind in the right place. And his cojones in the right place also.

Thats what I am a fan of , Thats what I expect from true greatness. Thats what I call greatness. Thats what I call a true champion and a true fighter.

Originally posted by elyoyo305 View Post
    This is one mans opinion. I am speaking by myself here and I say that just to take the safe route even tho I know I am not alone in this matter.

This is not a hate thread towards Floyd Mayweather. This is not a thread to discredit Floyd Mayweather in anyway. He has fought more than decent opposition and in my eyes his skills and talent in boxing as of this day are unmatched , and I dont say it just to kiss ass. He is really a great athlete , he works hard and that is something to look up too. And I will defend him where he deserves it.

But at the same time , I feel Floyd Mayweather has disrespected boxing all around the world. I cannot be true to my self either if I just stay quiet. Is not like I want an apology , I dont want my money back from all the fights I have bought of him. I just want to share with you guys.

Before I found out bout this great forum there werent many people out there that I could hold a good conversation about boxing that had a good foundation. And like we all know Floyd is very famous , nobody can deny that fact. To those who are not "hardcore" fans , he is the best. And even tho I dont agree completely , I cant dispute it because nobody has proven it other wise.

But this website actually keeps you up to date about so many details and so much good info. That it only makes you more knowledgeable about boxing and its history. Thanks to the website and a LOT of good posters here that know their stuff too.

So what Im about to share like I said are my opinions and how I feel towards Floyd , you are welcome to red k me , call me a troll a ******* a cottostan , etc etc etc.

First off , Floyd Mayweather fought his way to the top. He fought corrales , castillo , baldomir , gatti , bruseles , Judah etc etc etc , some pretty good opponents.

I cannot take anything away from him cuz I am a nobody , He is the one that fights , he is the one that puts on a show. But this "nobody" has bought a good portion of his fights , so I think I am entitled to speak my mind too.

I think Mayweather is a sell out to the sport , And mostly to himself. yes boxing is "like" a business but is a sport first. Is a psort that has a lot of loyal fans like myself. That wants to see the best fights possible. Now I know fighters have promoters , and fighters are human , so at some point they should grow scared/nervoud of the kind of opposition they have grown to take on. But if u are scared then u should just quit.

One thing I cannot stand about mayweather , Is the way he contradicts himself , and disrespects fans at the same time while doing it.

He says he is his own promoter , but then says negotiations are not up to him. Didnt he lay the demands on the table for the Pac fight. So he is negotiating.

Floyd doesn't negotiate. Al Haymon does. Cmon man lets not hold Floyd up to this unrealistic standard like hes a perfect person. EVERY fighter contradicts themselves.

He says he is the face of the sport , but yet denies fighters who are hungry to prove and to be the best and people of the fights they want to see. He says he is the face of the sport , and that all roads lead to Mayweather , but in the last 3 years , only 3 FIGHTERS WITH NO CHANCE HAVE SEEN THE END OF THAT ROAD.
    What are you talking about specifically? So are you really complaining that he fought Baldi. Yet above you mention Baldi as a good win? So then you hate on the Hatton fight as if it wasnt THEE biggest fight in the sport at the time? Then JMM is a tune up. Floyds not allowed tune ups?

Since when? Cotto can fight Urkal, Gomez, and Jennings and Marg can fight Golden Johnson but Floyd cant take a tune up after a 2 year break?

I cannot say I am not satisfied with the performances he puts on. HE IS TODAYS MOST TALENTED BOXER , REAL BOXER. So I can appreciate what he does in the ring.

He says forget about my past when I said I wanted to get in a brawl with Mosley , but yet he expects to be called the greatest when he is still active and his best fights are way in the past.

He says that he lives in the present but everytime he speaks bout Mosley all he can think of saying is We all know Mosley did Steroids. That to me is living in the past.

Again who cares. You claim this is an unbiased look at Floyd. It sounds like you just started watching him. Its called trash talk. Thats what hes doing. Trash talking Shane. He doesnt like the guy is that not clear?

He says that all roads lead to him , and then states how all top ww are beating each other becasue they are actually fighting each other. Yet no top ww in the past 5 years has seen the end of that road.
    Why do you keep whining? Do you even follow the sport? Baldi, Judah and Mosley arent Top 5 WW's? Since when?

So what are his claims about. Is he blind. Is he just speaking out of his ass. He says he is an entertainer. He says this is a business. He says his skills pay his bills. ( I cant hate on him for paying his bills) BUT DONT CALL YOURSELF THE GREATEST WHEN YOU SAY ALL ROADS LEAD TO YOU. AND YOU SAY YOU ARE YOUR OWN PROMOTER , FAIL TO FIGHT THE BEST AT THE MOMENT , HEN YOU SAY THINGS LIKE "MAYWEATHER PICKS HIS OPPONENTS".
    Stop making up stuff. This post so far doesnt have an ounce of fact in it. You are completely ignoring the business aspect of the sport. What fighters do you want him ti fight? This is real life this isnt fight night Round 4.

And then when people confront him , all he can come up with is that we dont know him?? Wo only know as much as you want us to know.
    Stop lying. What are you talking about. He told Marg to his face Ill fight you down the road when its a bigger and better fight. Marg went on to lose to a prospect. Arum out his own mouth said Floyd didnt take the fight because he didnt like the money for Hatton and Cotto fights that ARUM worked into the Marg contract. It was a 3 fight deal.

He let me knows , he dont want to fight a guy in his prime anymore. He lets me know , he only fights for money , he lets me know does not care about cementing his legacy in boxing fans minds because in his own head he is the greatest.

Floyd needs to come back to reality and be realistic. He owns fans and the sport all the glory and all the things we once gave him. If he does not want to fight the best. The retire and go wrestle , go dance with the stars. Boxing is a sport first then a business. Because you cannot do business , unless you are a good athlete in this sport. So do us all a favor and pick a side.
    What the **** are you talking about? How does he let you know he doesnt want to fight a guy in his prime? What guy? Who are you talking about? No **** he fights for money. He just made that clear to Shane and people like you on 24/7. No?

How does he not care about cementing his legacy when he tried to fight Pac and is now fighting Shane? You are a full of ****. Mayweather cant promote himself now? Hes not allowed to promote fights? The hell? SRL, Tyson, Ali, Pac everyone promotes their damn fights. The **** makes Floyd different.

I can personally say , I have bought his last 3 fights with my hopes up. Hoping he will lose so we can have another good fighter who realizes he is also human , so he can come back to fighting for pride and glory. Not cherry pick his way to his own glory and riches.
    So then you are not a fan of his if you hopes he loses. Your just another bitter person pissed that Floyd whoops everyone ass he faces.

And once again I will be buying MOSLEY- Mayweather. I would be looking forward to seeing Mayweather showcase his talent yes. But what Ill be looking for the most is Actually seeing a fighter (MOSLEY) Who at 39 and with his legacy pretty much built , is still hungry , is still trying to prove he is the best , and is still willing to face the best to prove it. Who has his feet on the ground. Who has his mind in the right place. And his cojones in the right place also.
    How are you trying to take a shot at Floyd for him fighting Mosley? Is Mosley not the P4P Number 3? Is he not the rightful Number 1 WW? Mosleys legacy aint sealed. Who else would you rather Floyd fight? Clottey?

Thats what I am a fan of , Thats what I expect from true greatness. Thats what I call greatness. Thats what I call a true champion and a true fighter.
    Huh? Mosley the guy who used PEDS? So Floyd gets no credit for fighting Shane but Shane gets credit for fighting Floyd? Why Floyd isnt really that good and is a cherry picker so its no telling how good Floyd is right? **** outta here bro.

Comment

Floyd needs to come back to reality and be realistic. He owns fans and the sport all the glory and all the things we once gave him. If he does not want to fight the best. The retire and go wrestle , go dance with the stars.

Boxing is a sport first then a business. Because you cannot do business , unless you are a good athlete in this sport. So do us all a favor and pick a side.

Cherry Pick- Dude if you check his resume he has fought a dozen world or former world champions. This site picked Castillo as one of the top 25 lightweights and floyd won 19 of 24 rds against him.

Separate what he does to sell his fights versus who he is as a man

Comment

No ceilings , you can twist stuff around , u can speculate, you can make up ideas in ur mind about what I feel and how I see things , I said what I said , i think u did not understand it. So lets leave it at that because it is a pretty long topic.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
          Floyd doesn't negotiate. Al Haymon does. Cmon man lets not hold Floyd up to this unrealistic standard like hes a perfect person. EVERY fighter contradicts themselves.

What are you talking about specifically? So are you really complaining that he fought Baldi. Yet above you mention Baldi as a good win? So then you hate on the Hatton fight as if it wasnt THEE biggest fight in the sport at the time? Then JMM is a tune up. Floyds not allowed tune ups?

Since when? Cotto can fight Urkal, Gomez, and Jennings and Marg can fight Golden Johnson but Floyd cant take a tune up after a 2 year break?

Again who cares. You claim this is an unbiased look at Floyd. It sounds like you just started watching him. Its called trash talk. Thats what hes doing. Trash talking Shane. He doesnt like the guy is that not clear?

Why do you keep whining? Do you even follow the sport? Baldi, Judah and Mosley arent Top 5 WW's? Since when?

Stop making up stuff. This post so far doesnt have an ounce of fact in it. You are completely ignoring the business aspect of the sport. What fighters do you want him ti fight? This is real life this isnt fight night Round 4.

Stop lying. What are you talking about. He told Marg to his face Ill fight you down the road when its a bigger and better fight. Marg went on to lose to a prospect. Arum out his own mouth said Floyd didnt take the fight because he didnt like the money for Hatton and Cotto fights that ARUM worked into the Marg contract. It was a 3 fight deal.

What the **** are you talking about? How does he let you know he doesnt want to fight a guy in his prime? What guy? Who are you talking about? No **** he fights for money. He just made that clear to Shane and people like you on 24/7. No?

How does he not care about cementing his legacy when he tried to fight Pac and is now fighting Shane? You are a full of ****. Mayweather cant promote himself now? Hes not allowed to promote fights? The hell? SRL, Tyson, Ali, Pac everyone promotes their damn fights. The **** makes Floyd different.

So then you are not a fan of his if you hopes he loses. Your just another bitter person pissed that Floyd whoops everyone ass he faces.

How are you trying to take a shot at Floyd for him fighting Mosley? Is Mosley not the P4P Number 3? Is he not the rightful Number 1 WW? Mosleys legacy aint sealed. Who else would you rather Floyd fight? Clottey?

Huh? Mosley the guy who used PEDS? So Floyd gets no credit for fighting Shane but Shane gets credit for fighting Floyd? Why Floyd isnt really that good and is a cherry picker so its no telling how good Floyd is right? **** outta here bro.
          what are you so mad about? he's still gonna buy your boyfriend's ppv

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            Cherry Pick- Dude if you check his resume he has fought a dozen world or former world champions. This site picked Castillo as one of the top 25 lightweights and floyd won 19 of 24 rds against him.

Separate what he does to sell his fights versus who he is as a man
            Castillo was how long ago. And yet he still calls himself the greatest. Not real buddy. If u look at it that way , thats ur way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
              what are you so mad about? he's still gonna buy your boyfriend's ppv
              Whos mad???? whos my boy???

Comment

Far too many words to read. Tis a shame...

Comment

No ceilings , you can twist stuff around , u can speculate, you can make up ideas in ur mind about what I feel and how I see things , I said what I said , i think u did not understand it. So lets leave it at that because it is a pretty long topic.
                  Well you're wrong. There is alot I can tell you dont know just by reading that post.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                    Well you're wrong. There is alot I can tell you dont know just by reading that post.
                    I can do the same about what you said an it will still not change the fact that , that is how I see Floyd and thats how he is viewed in my ranking system. Its sad you dont see what I see.

Comment

Working...
                    X