Too late for a comeback mate, Howard Foster already waved off this E fight

You were taking too much punishment. Live to fight another day and all that

My corner...

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post

My corner...

Comment

Yeah the trailer is what got my hype for the movie, it just didn't turn out too great IMO. I don't know why I expected more as far as the story.
        Scored gang-busters with IMDb & Rotten Tomatoes...

9/10·IMDb
        94%·Rotten Tomatoes

I've actually never seen a score over 8.8 from IMDb before...they tend to be harsh critics.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          Scored gang-busters with IMDb & Rotten Tomatoes...

9/10·IMDb
          94%·Rotten Tomatoes

I've actually never seen a score over 8.8 from IMDb before...they tend to be harsh critics.
          Wow, i'm actually surprised. I went with my brother in law who isn't that into boxing(although he's trying to get into it) and he said he liked it. Maybe i'm being too harsh, but I just didn't think the story was all that great. Coupled with he was supposed to be self taught, trains with Rocky for a couple months, then all of a sudden he's a world class level fighter.

I enjoyed the part with Andre Ward because it shows how it really is in boxing. I won't speak too much more on it cause it feels like i'm spoiling it for people who haven't seen it yet.

Comment

Wow, i'm actually surprised. I went with my brother in law who isn't that into boxing(although he's trying to get into it) and he said he liked it. Maybe i'm being too harsh, but I just didn't think the story was all that great. Coupled with he was supposed to be self taught, trains with Rocky for a couple months, then all of a sudden he's a world class level fighter.

I enjoyed the part with Andre Ward because it shows how it really is in boxing. I won't speak too much more on it cause it feels like i'm spoiling it for people who haven't seen it yet.
            The Andre Ward part was unintentionally funny, won't say much but my brother and me laughed about his response to the incident.

It was a good movie, but to a boxing fan a lot of stuff that happens can seem really far fetched(well it is but it's a movie).

Comment

Spoilers*********

Saw it tonight too. It was meh to me. My GF really liked it though, she gave it a 9 out of 10.

It was entertaining but not original at all, pretty much same story-line as Rocky 1, but still better than Southpaw.

You got a kid with 15 brawl fights in Mexico fighting the #1 P4P fighter in the world in just his second sanctioned pro fight? Come on. They could have done better than that.

lol @ Andre Ward having to pull out due to injuries even in the movies.

So what's the story line for Creed 2 going to be? Him fighting Andre Ward's character, the boxer that beat him up in the gym and whose spot Creed took in the championship fight when Andrew got his jaw broken?

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                Spoilers*********

Saw it tonight too. It was meh to me. My GF really liked it though, she gave it a 9 out of 10.

It was entertaining but not original at all, pretty much same story-line as Rocky 1, but still better than Southpaw.

You got a kid with 15 brawl fights in Mexico fighting the #1 P4P fighter in the world in just his second sanctioned pro fight? Come on. They could have done better than that.

lol @ Andre Ward having to pull out due to injuries even in the movies.

So what's the story line for Creed 2 going to be? Him fighting Andre Ward's character, the boxer that beat him up in the gym and whose spot Creed took in the championship fight when Andrew got his jaw broken?
                This^^^^^

Yeah man I laughed at Ward not fighting cause he got injured in the movie. You pretty much just wrote Creed 2 with that last line.

Comment

What was Tony Bellend's role in the film?.

Comment

I heard Rosado gets beat up do it can't be too bad.. Gonna watch it tomorrow

Comment

Maybe i'm being too harsh, but I just didn't think the story was all that great. Coupled with he was supposed to be self taught, trains with Rocky for a couple months, then all of a sudden he's a world class level fighter.
                      Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                      Adonis Johnson-Creed was chosen for two reasons:
                      1) Because he's Apollo Creed's son.
                      2) Ricky Conlon's team wanted him to look really, really good before he went on a 7-year career ending prison sentence.

The story is just like the first but with Adonis in Rocky's role and Rocky in Mickey's role.
                      Last edited by Pocket Dogs!; 11-26-2015, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X