Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward: "im not interested in talking about lil g anymore... I wanna fight the best"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    I don't get impressed with talented guys beating overmatched opponents
    then it must be tough being a ward fan these days.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      Just protected his 0? He's fought almost everyone that was a threat around his weightclass since he came back.

Little G has already proven he won't take on all, he had the chance to prove himself against an elite and HOF fighter and walked away.
      Don't let Floyd fool you. The fact that he didn't let Maidana use Everlast MX gloves and forced him to use bigger gloves shows you how "risky" Floyd actually was.

Comment

Mayweather at 25 had a better resume than he does at 33

Canelo has a better resume at 25

Broner has a comparable one

Juan Francisco Estrada

do you want more?
        So GGG has a resume that compares to a 25 year olds. You then list the greatest fighter of this generation (who is not just any average fighter).

Let's see.

Floyd's record was 28-0. 10 alphabet title fights and 2 division champion. He has some fine wins over Hernandez and Corrales and a disputed win over Castillo. A better resume than GGG? I guess most would say yes. But not by that much.

Canelo? Ok.

Broner () Overall record 31-2

Record in alphabet titlefights: 6-1 No wins that is obviously better than GGG's. Notable losses to Porter and Maidana.

How can you even take Broner in here? LMAO.

Estrada? I must admit I know nothing about this guy. Boxrec says he's 32-2. 6-1 in alphabet fights. He is ranked no. 38 p4p by boxrec. Golovkin is ranked no. 3.

In conclusion you can name the greatest fighter of this generation and the (arguably) no.1 p4p today. So if GGG is behind those it's not that bad at all.

Comment

he gets no credit for that record....Carlos Monzon was wba, wbc and lineal champion when he won the title and defended 14 times

GGG won a "interim" or "regular" title and never fought a champion for it and was elevated to champion status

same with Hopkins he only defended the universal middleweight title 6 times and the ibf trinket 20

stop making up records to pad his resume...the defenses start when your undisputed or lineal
          In other Words Roy Jones never had a title to defend.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Jones won the IBF trinket at 160 which was vacant, Toney for IBF at 168, unified belts at 175 even though Michalcewski was lineal and won the WBA trinket from Ruiz at heavy

Jones is great but he never was lineal champion just like GGG is not now

Comment

Jones won the IBF trinket at 160 which was vacant, Toney for IBF at 168, unified belts at 175 even though Michalcewski was lineal and won the WBA trinket from Ruiz at heavy

Jones is great but he never was lineal champion just like GGG is not now
              Dude you are clueless, so Jones wasn't the best in his division he fought in when he was prime? Lineal is a sh it title.

Comment

in other words, title defense records matter when you are undisputed or universally recognized as the champion/ undisputed

Hopkins wasn't til he beat Trinidad

GGG is not he has to beat Canelo

its not that complex.....Trinidad has a bunch of IBF ww defenses but wasn't lineal til he beat DLH then he moved up, Henry Armstrong has the record for most title defenses at ww

as for Estrada, brian viloria is more accomplished and better than everyone GGG has fought also he is a two division title holder and has defeated more current or former champions/titleholders than GGG....Again its not that complex to see

Comment

So GGG has a resume that compares to a 25 year olds. You then list the greatest fighter of this generation (who is not just any average fighter).

Let's see.

Floyd's record was 28-0. 10 alphabet title fights and 2 division champion. He has some fine wins over Hernandez and Corrales and a disputed win over Castillo. A better resume than GGG? I guess most would say yes. But not by that much.

Canelo? Ok.

Broner () Overall record 31-2

Record in alphabet titlefights: 6-1 No wins that is obviously better than GGG's. Notable losses to Porter and Maidana.

How can you even take Broner in here? LMAO.

Estrada? I must admit I know nothing about this guy. Boxrec says he's 32-2. 6-1 in alphabet fights. He is ranked no. 38 p4p by boxrec. Golovkin is ranked no. 3.

In conclusion you can name the greatest fighter of this generation and the (arguably) no.1 p4p today. So if GGG is behind those it's not that bad at all.
                  resume is who you fought and they fought more dangerous guys than your boy, just face it

Broner has 2 losses but he has also fought in 4 divisions and fought more major titleholders and champions than GGG

Canelo has too and he is the middleweight champion whether you like it or not....wins over Trout, Lara, Mosley, Cotto is better than what GGG has faced....he also beat 2 future hall of famers and more titleholders than your boy

If you know nothing about Estrada go watch his fights and how he fought Choclatito, Viloria, Marquez, Melinda and other titleholders, he has comparable talent to GGG and has faced stiffer comp and has won titles at two weights

Khan and Garcia had better resumes at 25 than GGG does today as well, beat more top guys in their careers

just deal with it bro....GGG has a lot of talent but his resume is lacking for all his hype

Comment

• Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                    Dude you are clueless, so Jones wasn't the best in his division he fought in when he was prime? Lineal is a sh it title.
                    an opinion is just that....an opinion

Jones is my all time favorite fighter but im not gonna give him credit for things he didn't do, which is not face the other titleholders at 160, 168, and heavy

In my opinion he was the best of his generation and his talent was second to none, politics kill the sport but it doesn't change he was never the man who beat the man in any divison he was in....he did virtually clean out 175 with the exception of DM's scalp but he gets no credit for a fight that didn't happen...sorry

fights are won in the ring, not message boards

Comment

an opinion is just that....an opinion

Jones is my all time favorite fighter but im not gonna give him credit for things he didn't do, which is not face the other titleholders at 160, 168, and heavy

In my opinion he was the best of his generation and his talent was second to none, politics kill the sport but it doesn't change he was never the man who beat the man in any divison he was in....he did virtually clean out 175 with the exception of DM's scalp but he gets no credit for a fight that didn't happen...sorry

fights are won in the ring, not message boards
                      He didn't need to beat the man because he was THE MAN. At 175 I could care less if he didn't fight DM. That dude didn't want to fight and he never tried to make a fight with Roy. 160 was a pit stop for Roy but he did best Hopkins and Toney there and moved on to bigger and better things.

Your lineal crap bs is just that CRAP.

Comment

Working...
                      X