Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto: I Won 8 of 12 Rounds, I Expected To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto is going the Pacquiao route and saying he won a fight he clearly lost. Of course, all of the excuses are coming out " well Canelo is a LHW out there ". That just makes Floyd's win over Canelo that much better now right? A welterweight in Floyd was able to walk down the bigger, stronger man and stand and trade with him in the pocket, something Cotto could not do.

Comment

I had it 115/113 Conelo but could have given another round to Conelo if pressed. I think a draw would have been in the realm of possibility (wouldn't agree but wouldn't scream about it either). I just can't see any viewing of this fight being a 8 rounds to 4 Cotto win. With that being said fighters hate to lose. I think Cotto more than most as it is part of his drive. I don't really mind him saying something different than what we all saw as he is so personally invested in it. Roach on the other hand is full of it. He knows better.

I thought Cotto fought a good fight but his effectiveness was partly the reason for his loss. He fought on his toes and moved lots. That helped him a lot to win some rounds. On the other hand he didn't sit on his punches and commit to them which led Conelo not to respect him or his power. A trade off. Cotto made the right choice. He just wasn't going to win this one either way.

Originally posted by Bring It On View Post
      Cotto is the worst loser ever, but there is no way that Canelo won 11 rounds.
      Last edited by PeterinMI; 11-23-2015, 02:08 PM.

Comment

The margin of victory was clearly not as big as the refs said, but nevertheless Alvarez won.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano View Post
          watched the british telecast and i thought cotto won hands down.
          I thought a draw was a fair reflection but a 7-5 in either favour would not have been unfair.

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
          If you believe the fight was close then you're a ******. End of discussion.

Yeah right, like a trust some overseas pasty freak with my paypal information

Because GGG and his team claim he's a small MW and GGG himself said "I'll come to 154 for any PPV fight" now that he sees Canelo isn't another no skill euro-level bum like Murray or Geale he wants the advantage. So should Canelo give in to GGG's demands? Fck no.

Also I'm sure you had no problem with GGG fighting Cotto huh? fck outta here I can see right through you
          What do you mean demands ? He wants the 160 belt what has 154 to do with anything ? Canelo if he is not brave enough he should say so, this bs about fighting next September is hilarious, I'll fight GGG next September ! Does he know what month it is ? Maybe Cotto's punches have actually had an effect after all.

Canelo has two weeks to decide if he has the stones or not, if he hasn't fair enough credit him for standing up and saying he doesn't have enough believe in himself and he can continue fighting 154 guys at 155, great for him, maybe the WBC can create a belt for him so he does not suffer any further indignity and can hide behind them and their rewrote rules.

This bs about him demanding GGG fight at 155 or no fight will be fun though, he has that type of fan base that believe he is a divine embodiment.

I don't want your details I would just like to liberate you of as much money you are prepared to bet, if you do not want to that is ok I understand perfectly well, your words are empty and meaningless they carry no weight.

Why would I want to see GGG face Cotto, I never wanted to see Martinez vs GGG and that fight would be no more telling. I want to see GGG in competitive fights and believe this charade of GGG hanging around 160 is just about money, hence the reluctance to move up to 168 for a true challenge. Though I do believe the most competitive fight at 160 would be Canelo vs GGG I do not believe it would be very competitive and the likelihood is GGG tramples over Canelo and treats him like a rag doll like their sparring reports suggested, thus the reluctance of Canelo to want to do it in front of a million ppv paying boxing fans, why get your ass handed to you when you can face career junior mids and welter for just as much if not more huh ?

Comment

Originally posted by West Coast Bias View Post
            Cotto is going the Pacquiao route and saying he won a fight he clearly lost. Of course, all of the excuses are coming out " well Canelo is a LHW out there ". That just makes Floyd's win over Canelo that much better now right? A welterweight in Floyd was able to walk down the bigger, stronger man and stand and trade with him in the pocket, something Cotto could not do.

+1

Floyd was a monster of the defensive art. Canelo is a very good bóxer with a lot of skills and Floyd made it look easy.

For me Canelo won 8-4. Cotto is a very bad loser.

I like GGG too but his fans are fckng ******ed.
            LOL. I like GGG. He is a mix of the mexican school with sovietic school of boxing. Really a monster.

Comment

Hmmm...

Originally posted by West Coast Bias View Post

There are some similarities between the fights. For instance, Cotto/Floyd were the busier fighters. Canelo/Manny both landed the cleaner, more effective punches. Both Canelo/Manny were the EFFECTIVE aggressors, throughout their fights. Cotto/Floyd both lost the ring generalship battle as well. So, tell me how Cotto/Floyd won???? Based on how you supposed to score a fight, they both lost!!!!!!!! Canelo/Manny were the better defensive fighters that night as well. They were the better counter punchers as well.

Comment

LOL at your whole post. Golovkin has to come down if he wants to get it next. If he wants it at 160 he can wait until September of next year. That A-side remember? Or is that only when GGG wants to fight Ward or when he wants to come down for little Floyd?

2 weight divisions does Cotto no hydrate at all? Does he walk around at 155? I don't think so. Fact is Cotto got schooled badly and had hardly if any success. The fight had nothing to do with size as cotto was just badly outclassed in every department. Go stick to your Eurobums and leave the real fights for the fans.
                ---

Cotto rehydrated to 158 vs 174 for Canelo...weight was very despair...but Cotto and his team knew that. I think they weren't expecting Canelo to be as smart as he was and having a really good defense. + they thought they could hurt Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                  The Fight could have swung the other way if Cotto would have simply increased his output in a few rounds. only 3 rounds were big rounds for Canelo. The rest were all swing rounds where mostly Cotto just did not do enough. He was too afraid to come in and let his hands go as he was getting countered in there.
                  Cotto's output was not the problem. Dude threw a ton of punches. The problem is he couldn't connect. Canelo's defense and counter punches got Cotto scared so he refused to sit down on his punches for any long stretches because that opened him up to abuse he was taking from Canelo. The one round where he decided to stand his ground was a disaster where he took a major beating. He went back on his bicycle after that to survive and not get knocked out.

Cotto was very active threw a ton of punchers but was completely ineffective landing jack squat. Canelo held Cotto to just 14% landed on Power shots. While Canelo landed 40% of his power shots. More punches landed from Canelo especially in the power punch stats and at higher connect rates. And anyone with 2 eyes could see the few punches Cotto did land had zero effect on Canelo. Where all you have to do is look at Cotto's face and watch his body after each shot. Canelo's punchers hurt Cotto. Cotto never hurt Canelo at any point and wasn't able to crack Canelo's defense.

Comment

Originally posted by The Collector View Post
                    ---

Cotto rehydrated to 158 vs 174 for Canelo...weight was very despair...but Cotto and his team knew that. I think they weren't expecting Canelo to be as smart as he was and having a really good defense. + they thought they could hurt Canelo.
                    Cotto hydrated only 4 pounds? Where did you see this? There's a reason Cotto didn't step on the scales, so if he loses people can use that as an excuse. 174 lol when has Canelo hydrated up to 171 on average. 10 -15 pounds is the norm for boxers whether you like to admit it or not

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                      There are some similarities between the fights. For instance, Cotto/Floyd were the busier fighters. Canelo/Manny both landed the cleaner, more effective punches. Both Canelo/Manny were the EFFECTIVE aggressors, throughout their fights. Cotto/Floyd both lost the ring generalship battle as well. So, tell me how Cotto/Floyd won???? Based on how you supposed to score a fight, they both lost!!!!!!!! Canelo/Manny were the better defensive fighters that night as well. They were the better counter punchers as well.
                      Canelo did better than Manny vs Floyd.

Canelo and Floyd won clearly their fights...

Comment

Working...
                      X