Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do posters honestly think the WBC would strip the winner of Cotto-Canelo??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    I would laugh if after the fight who ever wins drops the belt and they fight in a rematch for the vacant 154 lbs title.
    Idk why I didn't think about this, but yea I could 100% see this. If the fight is close &/or just a good ass fight this is probably the move to make. GGG is deserving of a shot, but f#ck man this is a asses in seats business & PPV sales business & there is no question Canelo vs Cotto (I or potentially II) is a better option than GGG vs Cotto or Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
      Why is it that mainly African Americans hate Triple G with a passion?

I use to be critical of G, but he's proven himself now
      The same reason they **** on Wlad. He's not black.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Idk why I didn't think about this, but yea I could 100% see this. If the fight is close &/or just a good ass fight this is probably the move to make. GGG is deserving of a shot, but f#ck man this is a asses in seats business & PPV sales business & there is no question Canelo vs Cotto (I or potentially II) is a better option than GGG vs Cotto or Canelo.
        Word. I still say that outside of a rematch that ggg is cotto's next payday. Even if ggg did less than expected just the thought of a cotto-ggg fight (cotto being the smaller guy) would sell good.

Comment

buuuuuuuuuuump

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            I would laugh if after the fight who ever wins drops the belt and they fight in a rematch for the vacant 154 lbs title.
            damn....lol

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              Brings no money? lol okaaay man.

The WBC could get sued. That's all the motivation one needs.

What gayness they could do is make Canelo a "champion emeritus" or some bogus title that allows him to duck while Golovkin gets elevated to "regular champion" or whatever.
              What justification could Golovkin use to sue the WBC? Violating their own rules? The WBC has done that 30,000 times prior to Golovkin coming into the picture and I can only recall one time in which they have been sued for it.

They won't make Alvarez anything because Alvarez won't win the fight. They damn sure aren't going to strip Cotto so they can give Golovkin the belt and allow him to defend it in a rematch against Willie Munroe Jr.

Comment

The WBC almost got shut down after the Rocchigiani/Jones ****. They stripped Sergio Martinez & Kostya Tsyzu and made them 'champion emeritus', despite them still being active. They could do that here, or make them the 154lbs champion.

OP is correct that WBC won't unlease their claws from the cash cow winner, but it's going to be something funny. Either way come January either Golovkin will be announced the WBC champion or we're getting Golovkin/Alvarez.

Comment

We are talking about the same organization that allowed Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. to hold their 160 pound belt for two years before they forced him to defend it against his mandatory, Sergio Martinez. We are also talking about the same organization that allowed Alvarez to hold its 154-pound title for three years without ever defending it against a mandatory opponent.

So, the answer to your question is absolutely not! At least, not for Gennady Golovkin!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                    The real question: is Larry dumb enough to think the WBC would open itself up to a lawsuit similar to the Rocchigiani one which cost them $31 million dollars and almost bankrupt them again?
                    The Rocchigiani situation is totally different. In that case, the WBC unjustifiably stripped Rocchigiani of a title he won legitimately simply so they could give the belt back to Roy Jones. Golovkin hasn't been stripped of anything and he would not have much of a case if he tried to sue the WBC for not giving him a mandatory title shot immediately after Cotto/Alvarez.

Just as the WBC decided that the winner of Cotto/Alvarez must fight Golovkin next, they can just as easily change their minds and decide to allow the winner to fight a voluntary before a Golovkin mandatory fight (just as they have done three times with Deontay Wilder and will likely do it at least two more times with Wilder). If they do that, Golovkin will not have a leg to stand on in a lawsuit because the WBC rules state that they can change any rule they want any time they damn well please!

Comment

cotto/canelo and ggg fight in different divisions. ggg will be champ at 160 and cotto/canelo at 155. they don't have to fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X