Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: WBA Denies Request To Modify Purse Bid Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
    ouch... i guess this will go to purse bid then
    Either take a deal or vacate.
    I doubt Jacobs will be getting anything good from a purse bid unless the money they're offering is less than a mili, and even Lemeiux got 1.5 to GGG's 2-ish

Comment

That is bull****. GGG should not be making 3x what Jacobs is. He should be making more but certainly not double.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
        That is bull****. GGG should not be making 3x what Jacobs is. He should be making more but certainly not double.
        I went to both GGG at MSG and Jacobs st Barclays, and those showings say otherwise. Well maybe 70/30-65/35 could work too

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          Fight's off
          Yuuuup! Lol

Comment

Tureeno Johnson is coming

Comment

Sucks for Jacobs but the WBA has spoken.

Comment

He will vacate its smart decison,25% is not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                  I'm sure an offer like that is on the table. For example, if K2 proposes that Golovkin gets 2.9 million and jacobs gets 1.6 million, that is about 35% of the pot that Jacobs would get. But now Jacobs has to either take that offer or go to purse bid. It gives him more incentive to take that offer instead of likely making less after a purse bid.
                  I just don't get it. This is not really a big fight. Not sure what these guys are expecting.

Comment

It would be in Golovkin's best interest to make a deal with Jacobs, otherwise if Jacob's drops out the WBA has said Golovkin will be mandated to fight Alfonso Blanco who's on par with Wade. That would be a bigger setback to GGG than paying Jacobs 40%.

That is of course assuming Danny Jacobs truly wants the fight and isn't looking for an excuse to vacate.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      I just don't get it. This is not really a big fight. Not sure what these guys are expecting.
                      It's a big fight for Jacobs. He feels it's a "super mega" fight hence those purses expectations

Comment

Working...
                      X