No announcement yet.

If I somehow get into heaven....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
    we cannot ever be cleansed from sin while still on earth. we can only pray to be forgiven. as long as we are on earth, we will die sinners.
    Being forgiven is being cleansed.

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9)

according to the bible, lying is just as bad as murder;

Proverbs 6:16-19
    There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

Proverbs 19:9
    A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish.

according to the bible, adultery is punishable by death;
    Leviticus 20:10
    If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.

no one knows for sure who and why a person will get in. we can only speculate. for me, im hoping god is, if nothing else, logical. man didnt create sin. we were victimized by it.
    All the verses you listed are true, although verses like Leviticus 20:10 were primarily applied to Israel, and not to say that its ok to commit adultery it is not, but with the coming of Jesus the same punishment does not apply.

In any case, none of the verses disprove that certain people, actually majority of people will suffer in hell eternally.

Comment

something that happens too often for me to think we can ever get a grip on how god works....

innocent children (btw, not all children are innocent) that are tortured and killed. its said god has a plan for all of us. wtf kind of plan is the torturing of innocent people ?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
        Being forgiven is being cleansed.

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9)

All the verses you listed are true, although verses like Leviticus 20:10 were primarily applied to Israel, and not to say that its ok to commit adultery it is not, but with the coming of Jesus the same punishment does not apply.

In any case, none of the verses disprove that certain people, actually majority of people will suffer in hell eternally.
        how can we be free of sin while still human ? how do we know we have been forgiven ? to assume we have been forgiven simply because we asked for forgiveness is pretty self righteous. a sin is a sin. we cannot say one sin is ok while others are not.

rules apply to mankind. we are all his children. no one escapes his judgement. there are plenty of outdated ideas in the bible. theres barely a mention of the place called hell.

again, the funny part to all of this is we will never know until its too late.

playing it safe is the way to go.

Comment

how can we be free of sin while still human ? how do we know we have been forgiven ? to assume we have been forgiven simply because we asked for forgiveness is pretty self righteous. a sin is a sin. we cannot say one sin is ok while others are not.

rules apply to mankind. we are all his children. no one escapes his judgement. there are plenty of outdated ideas in the bible. theres barely a mention of the place called hell.

again, the funny part to all of this is we will never know until its too late.

playing it safe is the way to go.
          The bible mentions hell or what is understood as hell, (the bible uses references such as the pit, furnace, place of weeping and gnashing of teeth, etc...) more times than it describes or refers to heaven. It's basically a central theme in the New Testament. Jesus whole purpose was to die on the cross and rescue people from eternal destruction.

The famous John 3:16 verse says "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life."

What does that word perish mean to you.

Comment

The bible mentions hell or what is understood as hell, (the bible uses references such as the pit, furnace, place of weeping and gnashing of teeth, etc...) more times than it describes or refers to heaven. It's basically a central theme in the New Testament. Jesus whole purpose was to die on the cross and rescue people from eternal destruction.

The famous John 3:16 verse says "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life."

What does that word perish mean to you.
            true. neither place is mentioned as much as wed think. they may both be places of consciousness.

doesnt matter what it means to me but ill try to answer it....

perish = to come to an end.

but 'what' is coming to an end ?

in terms of getting into gods graces, if man can be forgiven on earth, he can surely be forgive afterwards. or is there a time frame ?

i still say us humans cannot comprehend how forgiving god is supposed to be.

Comment

So there's been answers from everyone gets in anyway to only the most devout and righteous Christians.

It's all very confusing, you'd think this part would be pretty straight forward as it's a pretty important selling point. surely the pope or someone knows the real answer.

I'm also curious able how old everyone in heaven is? I mean if you die at 95 are you 95 in heaven ?

Comment

true. neither place is mentioned as much as wed think. they may both be places of consciousness.

doesnt matter what it means to me but ill try to answer it....

perish = to come to an end.

but 'what' is coming to an end ?

in terms of getting into gods graces, if man can be forgiven on earth, he can surely be forgive afterwards. or is there a time frame ?

i still say us humans cannot comprehend how forgiving god is supposed to be.
                Perish means to suffer complete ruin or destruction.

We can comprehend Gods forgiveness based on what is written in the bible, if you choose to make that your source of reference.

You can also comprehend God's judgement using the same said source of reference.

Hebrews 9:27 Says you die once and then there is judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                  So there's been answers from everyone gets in anyway to only the most devout and righteous Christians.

It's all very confusing, you'd think this part would be pretty straight forward as it's a pretty important selling point. surely the pope or someone knows the real answer.

I'm also curious able how old everyone in heaven is? I mean if you die at 95 are you 95 in heaven ?
                  I am not exactly sure what is confusing to you? Here let me help you out again, here is the link to Ezekiel 18, that directly answers your question.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...18&version=NIV

Comment

Perish means to suffer complete ruin or destruction.

We can comprehend Gods forgiveness based on what is written in the bible, if you choose to make that your source of reference.

You can also comprehend God's judgement using the same said source of reference.

Hebrews 9:27 Says you die once and then there is judgement.
                    the end is the end. be it softly or brutally. if im god, such variances would be trivial and things humans would delight in. if im god, im above that sort of nonsense.

the same men that compare lying and adultery to murder.....thats how they see god dealing with those sins. ill pass.

i am far from a bible thumper so i cant say what parts in it would suit me. i will take it as a sort of guideline as to how a person should live their lives. to say we can limit god to what he will and wont be able to forgive is pretty silly. imho

Comment

I am not exactly sure what is confusing to you? Here let me help you out again, here is the link to Ezekiel 18, that directly answers your question.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...18&version=NIV
                      That doesn't really clear anything up at all. I mean eating on a mountain what in earth doesn't that mean.

Ok so let's say only the righteous Christian gets in, who would want to live for eternity in "heaven" knowing that say their 7 year old son who stole a chocolate bar and was hit by a drunk driver on the way out is burning in hell for all eternity ?

What kind of paradise is that ? That's more like hell.

Nah, the whole thing only works if you can get anyone you want in.

Comment

Working...
                      X