No announcement yet.

Trump saves 1,000 American jobs before even taking office

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Why not read the article? All you do is question it without actually seeing it. It's as if you are afraid to find out your opinion might have been made without all the facts.

The reason people can't get jobs in many sectors is they don't have the requisite education.

Look man you can see it even if you will not admit it. This is a bogus deal that helps the company while hurting workers overall with the net loss of jobs.

Regardless of our political beliefs there will be 300 less Americans working for Carrier because of this deal. The company firing these workers and moving their jobs to Mexico is getting $7 mil in tax breaks to do this.

I don't think you voted for this.
    Lmao

How is it hurting the 1000 that kept their job,,,

How were they hurt????

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
      weak orangutan trump just showed every corporation how to get tax breaks for shipping jobs out.

where's all the tough man talk about them paying a tax?
      Explain how now every corportation can now get tax breaks for shipping jobs out??

They still pay taxes,, do you think they don't pay taxes?? Show their tax return, or whatever proof you have that they don't pay taxes..

Back up your statements or look like a fool... Pretty easy... Just explain

Comment

How is telling the truth about the deal seeing the glass as half full?

Did you actually read the deal? 300 jobs are being lost-1,000 saved and 1,300 lost to Mexico.

You speculating about the number of jobs if President Obama made the deal is just deflection.

You can read the deal any number of places. I don't see how this is anything to celebrate.
        Jesus,,you are a completely brainwashed sheep....

Literally how ****ing stupid can you be., even though you claim to be college educated in a business degree... Lmao

So you would rather lose all 2300 hundred jobs, and government gets to take 7 million... And the local economy loses over 100 million...

You would like that better????

Yet your liberal sheep ass has no complaints when obama spends 16 billion dollars of other people's money to give to GM..

You are a walking contradiction and a buffoon

You can lie all you want to about "being college educated" but your posts are beyond pathetic

You just hate everything trump does... Like the liberal sheep you are..

Go read your posts in this thread, you sound like a ****ing idiot 7th grader

You are being objective and level minded.???

You are literally pissed that 2100 jobs didn't leave the country.. And the government couldn't take 7 million...

You want all the jobs to be lost, as long as government gets 7 million..

How ****ing pathetic is that..

And don't say "that's not what I want". This whole thread is filled with your ignorance,, all one has to do is read your posts.... And one can tell you want all 2100 jobs to leave and the government to get 7 million...

If I'm wrong,,, then tell me what you would have done,,, what should be done.

I will give you a chance to lie and change your story

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          FLASHBACK VIDEO: The Time Obama Said Trump Needed “Magic Wand” to Keep Carrier

While speaking during a PBS town hall in June, President Barack Obama joked about eventual President-elect Donald Tump’s vow not only to bring back jobs to the United States but also to keep American companies, like the Carrier Corporation, from leaving the country.
          The Hill reported that when Carrier employee Eric Cottonham asked Obama about his job situation, Obama insinuated that Trump would need a “magic wand” to negotiate those kinds of deals.
          Apparently that’s not quite true, because Trump recently made a deal with Carrier that persuaded the American company from moving 1,000 jobs to Mexico.

Trump proved you don’t need a magic wand — just a willingness to work with the other side.

Of course, Obama was talking about bring jobs back into the country, and what Trump did prevented them from leaving in the first place, but the principles are similar:*Obama’s statements illustrate the difference between a liberal theorist and a real businessman.
          A real businessman can negotiate a deal and get things done, while liberal politicians would rather be negative and simply not put forth any effort.
          Obama said Trump didn’t have an answer, but apparently Trump’s open to finding them — unlike Obama, who didn’t bother looking for answers because the answers might actually improve things, which would totally wreck his agenda.
          Liberal pundits always seem to have a negative take on everything. They’re not generally happy unless they’re complaining. And they always seem to be delighted when everyone is bordering on misery.

http://conservativetribune.com/obama...magic-wand-to/

Question to the big dunn

Obama clearly says,, people need to get prepared not for the jobs leaving but what is to come.....

So what ****ing jobs are coming?? What is he talking about

Or is he just pandering like another idiot liberal that has no idea what they are talking about when it comes to economics

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
            The bottom line is that it could've been 2300 jobs lost, instead 1000 of them got saved. This is only a start, the man hasn't even assumed office yet. We will see with what type of veracity concerning his earlier speeches he will apply. However, one thing is certain, Obama said you needed a magic wand to keep companies here, and it appears as though Trump has begun discovering what that wand looks like.
            The President is correct. No one, not Trump, reagan or Obama could save all those jobs.

I get that you are putting the best spin on this as possible but just be as brutally honest as you are when assessing an Obama initiative.

Have you thought about where that lost $7 mil tax revenue will be made up or what services may be cut because of the lost tax revenue?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Jesus,,you are a completely brainwashed sheep....

Literally how ****ing stupid can you be., even though you claim to be college educated in a business degree... Lmao

So you would rather lose all 2300 hundred jobs, and government gets to take 7 million... And the local economy loses over 100 million...

You would like that better????

Yet your liberal sheep ass has no complaints when obama spends 16 billion dollars of other people's money to give to GM..

You are a walking contradiction and a buffoon

You can lie all you want to about "being college educated" but your posts are beyond pathetic

You just hate everything trump does... Like the liberal sheep you are..

Go read your posts in this thread, you sound like a ****ing idiot 7th grader

You are being objective and level minded.???

You are literally pissed that 2100 jobs didn't leave the country.. And the government couldn't take 7 million...

You want all the jobs to be lost, as long as government gets 7 million..

How ****ing pathetic is that..

And don't say "that's not what I want". This whole thread is filled with your ignorance,, all one has to do is read your posts.... And one can tell you want all 2100 jobs to leave and the government to get 7 million...

If I'm wrong,,, then tell me what you would have done,,, what should be done.

I will give you a chance to lie and change your story
              Well, I posted my degrees. I also sent you a PM which you didn't respond to. No, I never claimed to have a business degree.

We can always revisit the deal. I can repost them and you agree to never post again.

You are getting a little upset. I guess it's because you know the deal is bull****.

I don't think it makes sense to give a company tax breaks to send 1300 jobs to Mexico.

No i didn't complain about the auto bailout. It saved millions of jobs directly and also in industries connected to the auto industry. That deal kept the country from collapsing.

This deal doesn't do that. It allows more than half of the jobs to go to Mexico, closes at least one plant, and that is only if certain conditions are met.

What happens when those conditions are not met?

Its not about hating him. It's about facts. How much longer are you going to avoid them?

Comment

Question to the big dunn

Obama clearly says,, people need to get prepared not for the jobs leaving but what is to come.....

So what ****ing jobs are coming?? What is he talking about

Or is he just pandering like another idiot liberal that has no idea what they are talking about when it comes to economics
                See the articles I posted earlier. October the economy added 271,000 jobs. The 3rd qtr growth was 3.2%. Analysts expect good jobs report in November as well.

Things are getting better. Now I can't control the fact that there are not enough scientists and math majors to fill a lot of the jobs that are opening.

And yes, places like fast food and retail are creating part time, regional and seasonal work that is only a temporary fix.

You keep saying liberal as if that is the only place you can get information. Wall St journal isn't liberal. The Hill isn't liberal.

Dude go read for yourself. That's what I don't get-without reading anything you are claiming liberal sheep blah blah.

You are terrified to find out you are wrong. Why? Information is a good thing.

Comment

Any number you give regarding President Obama is speculative.
                  I gave no number. I said, correctly, that Obama had done nothing and the jobs were leaving. You saw what Obama himself said, 'It would take a magic wand to keep the jobs'. It is what it is, and Trump succeeded where your guy failed.

Trump made the deal and all we can do is analyze it in full.
                  Yes, and he saved 1,000 jobs in exchange for some tax cuts. 'Win-win' right there.

1,000 jobs saved while 1,300 going to Mexico is a net LOSS of 300 jobs. No spin. No lies. Cold hard facts.
                  Yes, you keep parroting that. You're lying by omission, and leaving out the fact it was a net loss of 2,300 before Trump saved 1,000 jobs.

Please, tell the full story, not just the part that makes your team look good. You're being a superfan, again.

Even a non college educated Trump supporter can figure out the math.
                  Strike 1!

2 more childish insults in lieu of rebuttals and you concede....

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    I gave no number. I said, correctly, that Obama had done nothing and the jobs were leaving. You saw what Obama himself said, 'It would take a magic wand to keep the jobs'. It is what it is, and Trump succeeded where your guy failed.

Yes, and he saved 1,000 jobs in exchange for some tax cuts. 'Win-win' right there.

Yes, you keep parroting that. You're lying by omission, and leaving out the fact it was a net loss of 2,300 before Trump saved 1,000 jobs.

Please, tell the full story, not just the part that makes your team look good. You're being a superfan, again.

Strike 1!

2 more childish insults in lieu of rebuttals and you concede....
                    You can't only count the 1,000 jobs part, you need to count all of them.

You are lying by omission, not me. Lets talk about the whole deal, not just the positive PR piece.

Carrier was going to send 2,300 jobs to Mexico without any tax breaks. Trump made a deal where in exchange for 1,000 jobs staying Carrier got $7 mil in tax breaks. There are still 1,300 jobs going to Mexico. What did I leave out?

Politifact report about the deal below.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...ly-save-less-/

Looks like I was wrong, the deal didn't even save 1,000 jobs as I posted.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/eriksher.../#273c0bee4c7b

Fewer than half the jobs saved. The initial claim for the negotiations that Trump held with Carrier was that 1,100 jobs would be saved. That was already far from the 2,100 jobs supposedly threatened.

The full total saved, however, was smaller because 300 of the jobs were white-collar positions that were never going to be relocated. The total number of jobs saved was 800, or about 44 percent of the total 1,800 that would otherwise have been lost.

What insult? You voted for Trump. You are not college educated. If you take these as insults that is on you.

Comment

Lmao

How is it hurting the 1000 that kept their job,,,

How were they hurt????
                      http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion..._it_seems.html

We now know that Carrier has not fundamentally changed the corporate plans announced a year ago in a video to employees. That deal promised that a skeleton crew would be kept while major production is shifted elsewhere (Mexico). The people of Indiana (small businesses, real estate owners, and individual working taxpayers are going to pay $7 million to seal the deal (a continuation of the disastrous and failed policies of Mike Pence as governor).

The promise of a future defense deal with Carrier's parent company means other producers of competitive products (small-scale and large-scale) will be disadvantaged in bids for federal contracts. This kind of extortion, which is a regular part of efforts to keep enterprises in Philadelphia, was a blueprint for creating burdens on small businesses as well as reducing municipal services and funding for schools.

Comment

Working...
                      X