Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather abandoning his WBC Welterweight title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Basco View Post
    I agree! I enjoy watching him putting a clinic of boxing but man, he is a disappointment in his choice of opponents!
    Yeah i mean i have nothing but respect for floyd inside the ring, i think he is an absolute boxing genius, but with regards to manny, he clearly wants no part of him and i cant believe people are defending him. If floyd wants it, it can be made in literally 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
      Mayweather's afraid of a guy that lost 2 of his last 3 fights, and that's been KO'd a grand total of 3 times? The guy in that video is talking as if Pacquiao wasn't absolutely ruined two fights ago? The fact that the WBC would even rank a guy on a losing streak is laughable but even more comical is this idea that because Manny's ranked he gets a shot and somehow all the politics that surrounded a potential fight with Mayweather previous to his ranking magically disappear. That's right, Arum, Schaefer, Haymon and Mayweather couldn't get the deal done, now enters the mystical fairies from the WBC to clear everything up with an underserved ranking.

And if Mayweather gives up the belt because he's been backed into a corner by Pac's ridiculous ranking, he's obviously terrified of a guy that was put so deep into a coma, you could have put him on a space mission to the outer Milky Way Galaxy, heh, yeah right.....

It amazes me how the idiots and haters on this message board will jump on any rumor or fabricated story about Floyd Mayweather that comes from any source and treat it as if it is gospel. This is another rumor or fabricated story just like the crap you read weekly in the National Enquirer.

Mayweather. like Oscar de la Hoya before him, fights whoever the hell he wants to, regardless of what the sanctioning body says. He always has, regardless of who his mandatory was, and always will. This video proves nothing. Unless you hear it directly from Floyd Mayweather, it is about as accurrate as the daily B.S. posted on this message board by haters like you. If Mayweather wants to keep the WBC belt, he will keep it regardless of who he fights. The WBC will never strip him. The reason is that no one in boxing generates the type of sanctioning fees that Mayweather generates. Mayweather is not and never has been afraid of anyone. Idiots like you use that as a way to excuse Pacquaio for turning down the Mayweather fight when he had the chance to fight him.
      Last edited by big_james10; 12-30-2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

If he actually drops the belt, it's a rough day for the floyd diehards...

Comment

Anybody can go online and print or record any negative rumor, lie or innuendo about Floyd Mayweather and the people on this message board treat it as if it is a word straight from the mouth of God. Yet, when it comes to something said about Manny Pacquaio, you want 15 sources and a statement from Pacquaio written in blood before you will believe it. The person on this You Tube recording starts off by saying "the word on the street is", and all the haters jump on it as if it is a proven fact.

This is both amazing and sad.

Comment

I'm a fan of both fighters but if Floyd does this it would look like a pretty bad move let's be honest

Comment

So who is Floyds mandatory at 154? I'd say if its Lara or Kirkland he may drop both belts. Floyd doesn't really need belts but it doesn't look good when you say Guerrero is your mandatory and he deserves the fight but then you vacate when Manny is the next up.

Comment

Originally posted by jwheels9876 View Post
                So who is Floyds mandatory at 154? I'd say if its Lara or Kirkland he may drop both belts. Floyd doesn't really need belts but it doesn't look good when you say Guerrero is your mandatory and he deserves the fight but then you vacate when Manny is the next up.
                The thing is Manny didn't really earn the right to be #1. He lost to Bradley and got knocked out by Marquez, and just beat Rios coming off of a loss???

It's like when the WBC let Manny fight Margarito for the 154 lb belt when neither guy was even ranked at that weight. It just doesn't make sense to me but I guess money talks.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                  Mayweather's afraid of a guy that lost 2 of his last 3 fights, and that's been KO'd a grand total of 3 times? The guy in that video is talking as if Pacquiao wasn't absolutely ruined two fights ago? The fact that the WBC would even rank a guy on a losing streak is laughable but even more comical is this idea that because Manny's ranked he gets a shot and somehow all the politics that surrounded a potential fight with Mayweather previous to his ranking magically disappear. That's right, Arum, Schaefer, Haymon and Mayweather couldn't get the deal done, now enters the mystical fairies from the WBC to clear everything up with an underserved ranking.

And if Mayweather gives up the belt because he's been backed into a corner by Pac's ridiculous ranking, he's obviously terrified of a guy that was put so deep into a coma, you could have put him on a space mission to the outer Milky Way Galaxy, heh, yeah right.....

nyahahahahaha this is funny, hilarious even, this guys defending floyd's ducking probably didn't even realizing it. nyahahaha floyd's ok not fighting a ruined fighter even if he can potentially earn his highest payday. "Floyd DONT fight Pacquiao because he WAS ALEADY PUT INTO A DEEP COMMA!" "MANNY is in a losing streak, he doesn't deserve the fight even for the highest purse in the history of boxing"!! WTF logic that is.

Comment

question, who would fight for the wbc belt if it was dropped? would it get handed to someone or would wbc make a match up?

Comment

Working...
                    X