Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Pac P4P #1, he went life and death with a 38 yr old and Floyd had a KO??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd is no1 he has been for a long time Pacquiao was merely keeping his seat warm whilst he was in and out of retirement.

I scored the Pac vs Marquez fight for Marquez so as far as I’m concerned Marquez is ahead of Pacquiao P4P wise people can also make a strong case for Martinez being ahead of Pac but i have Pac 3rd and Martinez 4th.

To me Mayweather is just the vastly superior boxer if I was to pick a guy who I think could beat Floyd I would be delving into the history of the sport thinking of names like Duran, Robinson, Hearns and I believe Floyd could hold his own against those guys.

If I was to pick a guy I think could beat Pac I need look no further than JMM although a great in his own right and a future hall of fame boxer he is not in the upper echelons of boxing great.

Comment

Originally posted by SyrianUser View Post
      Pacquiao is a hype job + he went life and death with a 38 year old LIGHTWEIGHT .

ESPN P4P Rankings : Floyd Mayweather Jr Number 1 P4P

Hits: Even after 16 months out of the ring following his near shutout of Shane Mosley in May 2010, Mayweather returned to action on Sept. 17 and showed not the slightest bit of rust. Still fast and possessing great defense and underrated power, Mayweather knocked out Victor Ortiz (albeit in controversial fashion) in the fourth round to reclaim one of the titles he had previously given up. Now, instead of disappearing on another long layoff, Mayweather has announced plans to return on May 5, ideally against Manny Pacquiao -- if Pacquiao's people will come to the bargaining table.

Misses: It's great that Mayweather seems to be showing real interest in finally facing Pacquiao, but since Pacquiao just fought, how about giving him a little bit of time to unwind before insisting on a negotiation right now? Where was that kind of urgency at any point in the past few years?

2. Manny Pacquiao

Hits: Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez, who had already produced two memorable battles in featherweight and junior lightweight title bouts, met for the third time Nov. 12 and gave fight fans a worthy trilogy with another outstanding and highly competitive fight. With Pacquiao's victory, the path is wide open for him to at long last meet Mayweather in the fight the world wants to see.

Misses: Pacquiao, who was a massive favorite to beat Marquez because they were fighting at welterweight, looked as vulnerable as he has in a long time. Although he eked out a majority decision, few would have quarreled had Marquez gotten the win or had the fight been ruled a draw. Pacquiao looked confused at times and lacked snap on his punches in a less-than-stellar outing. It just wasn't the kind of performance we have come to expect from Pacquiao, especially in light of the fact that Marquez had been wiped out by Mayweather in 2009 in his only other welterweight fight. Although a fourth fight with Marquez is certainly warranted at some point, it absolutely should not be next, which is what Top Rank's Bob Arum, Pacquiao's promoter, is talking about pursuing. Mayweather should be next, and it's going to have to be up to Pacquiao to stand up to Arum and tell him to make a deal. Period.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...boxers-nos-1-3

SPORTS ILLUSTRATED

1. Floyd Mayweather JR

The Latest: Mayweather says he's secured the MGM Grand for May 5 and wants to make "the biggest fight out there" -- and it's no secret what that is. But will Pacquiao be in any hurry to make it happen after getting touched up by an opponent who is stylistically identical to Floyd?

2. Manny Pacquiao

The Latest: The only eight-division champion in history won a razor-thin decision over Marquez on Nov. 12. Bob Arum says a fourth Marquez fight should (and could) be next, but most fans would rather see a showdown between the fighters who rank 1-2 on virtually every pound-for-pound list.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1e5BDy9Ef

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...sct=mma_t2_a13

YAHOO SPORTS

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Record: 42-0 (26 KOs)
      Title: WBC welterweight champion
      Last outing: KO4 over Victor Ortiz on Sept. 17
      Previous ranking: 2
      Up next:Nothing scheduled
      Analysis:Will the Pacquiao fight ever be made?

2. Manny Pacquiao

Record: 54-3-2 (38 KOs)
      Title: WBO welterweight champion
      Last outing: W12 over No. T4 Juan Manuel Marquez on Nov. 12
      Previous ranking: 1
      Up next: Nothing scheduled
      Analysis:Reputation took a hit with performance against Marquez

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...pacquiao111711
      Floyd is a busta and Pac is protected, both are at fault. Floyd sucker punched Ortiz for the win and cheated the weight against JMM....Pac underestimated JMM and Mosley

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Floyd is a busta and Pac is protected, both are at fault. Floyd sucker punched Ortiz for the win and cheated the weight against JMM....Pac underestimated JMM and Mosley
        I don’t think he underestimated them he just struggled with them he struggled with Mosley because he came to survive its very hard to look good against a guy not interested in engaging and just happy to see the final bell.

Against Marquez Roach and the rest of the team where saying Pac hasn’t been this motivated for a long time and I believe Roach even went as far as saying this is there best training camp ever, its just that Pac cant look good against someone as skilled as Marquez how much more evidence do people need to see that this is the case Pac vs JMM 4,5,6?

Comment

Only prizefighters get best fighter awards, not reluctant champs like Floyd. The JMM that fought Pac would have destroyed the JMM that fought Floyd btw.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
            I don’t think he underestimated them he just struggled with them he struggled with Mosley because he came to survive its very hard to look good against a guy not interested in engaging and just happy to see the final bell.

Against Marquez Roach and the rest of the team where saying Pac hasn’t been this motivated for a long time and I believe Roach even went as far as saying this is there best training camp ever, its just that Pac cant look good against someone as skilled as Marquez how much more evidence do people need to see that this is the case Pac vs JMM 4,5,6?
            Marquez threw his BEST SHOTS and his BEST SHOT wasn't enough to knockdown Pacman! He was still standing exchanging blows!

As for Mosley, Pacman did what Mayweather can't do, Pacman knock-downed Mosley.

There are 2 other common opponents these are Dela Hoya and Hatton.

Comment

No one considers him number 1 anymore, so don't worry about it. Mayweather is #1 in everybody's list now.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                Only prizefighters get best fighter awards, not reluctant champs like Floyd. The JMM that fought Pac would have destroyed the JMM that fought Floyd btw.
                That’s just nonsense stemming from your personal bias its ridiculous to think a fighter has improved between the age of 36 and 38 maybe he had a better training camp or maybe just maybe Floyd Mayweather is just a far superior boxer which i think was abundantly obvious during there fight not to mention Mayweather was coming back after a 2 year layoff.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
                  No one considers him number 1 anymore, so don't worry about it. Mayweather is #1 in everybody's list now.
                  http://boxrec.com/ratings.php?countr...us=A&SUBMIT=Go
                  http://******.craveonline.com/ratings

Too easy. Neeeext!

Comment

Originally posted by Rolaz View Post
                    Marquez threw his BEST SHOTS and his BEST SHOT wasn't enough to knockdown Pacman! He was still standing exchanging blows!

As for Mosley, Pacman did what Mayweather can't do, Pacman knock-downed Mosley.

There are 2 other common opponents these are Dela Hoya and Hatton.
                    And what do all these common opponents have in common apart from the obvious? Yes you guessed it they all pic Floyd to win.

You don’t need knock downs to win fights and Floyd looked a lot better against Mosley than Pac.

Comment

he won against marquez "officially" these rankings are just going thru the motions. everyone knows who the real #1 P4P is.

Comment

Working...
                      X