Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones to Lampley..so where is Danny Garcia from?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread is my entertainment for tonight. This just proves how undefined something as simple as a boxer's background is.

People bring up comparisons to De la Hoya of not being Mexican, yet he was always proud of his Mexican heritage; he just never got rid of the American side. Fernando Vargas is seen as more "Mexican", yet he has no Mexican citizenship. De la Hoya DOES.

And as someone said a few posts back, Camacho was raised in New York and knew more English than Spanish yet fans wouldn't give a second thought when claiming he's a Puerto Rican.

This is all BS, and there's a certain degree of convenience attached to it.

Same way some Mexicans were quick to drop Ortiz after his loss to Maidana but then got behind him when he took Andre Berto's "0".

Boxing fans are so fickle.

My two cents: Been loving García since the Khan KO. This kid is genuine. I don't think Puerto Rico when his name pops up, but if he says he is, then I'll agree with him.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
      This thread is my entertainment for tonight. This just proves how undefined something as simple as a boxer's background is.

People bring up comparisons to De la Hoya of not being Mexican, yet he was always proud of his Mexican heritage; he just never got rid of the American side. Fernando Vargas is seen as more "Mexican", yet he has no Mexican citizenship. De la Hoya DOES.

And as someone said a few posts back, Camacho was raised in New York and knew more English than Spanish yet fans wouldn't give a second thought when claiming he's a Puerto Rican.

This is all BS, and there's a certain degree of convenience attached to it.

Same way some Mexicans were quick to drop Ortiz after his loss to Maidana but then got behind him when he took Andre Berto's "0".

Boxing fans are so fickle.

My two cents: Been loving García since the Khan KO. This kid is genuine. I don't think Puerto Rico when his name pops up, but if he says he is, then I'll agree with him.
      True and he said he's Rican so that's that

Comment

Cotto vs Danny Garcia in the battle of the Puerto Ricans at a catchweight of 152 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by VaBoriKua2012 View Post
          True and he said he's Rican so that's that
          Idk why ppl trying so hard with this bro. Nobody gave a **** about Mickey Ward calling himself Irish. He wasn't born in Ireland. He's American born but knows and embraced his heritage. Garcia does it and everyone gets all riled up.

Comment

The only true Americans here is the native ones

Comment

Btw it's the same **** with cotto he born in Rhode Island not in PR but he's 100% rican but they never say cotto is American they always said cotto from pr

Comment

Originally posted by PITO TRINIDAD View Post
                Btw it's the same **** with cotto he born in Rhode Island not in PR but he's 100% rican but they never say cotto is American they always said cotto from pr
                exacrly and i dont see anyone calling cotto an american.

Comment

Originally posted by PITO TRINIDAD View Post
                  The only true Americans here is the native ones
                  Real Talk!!!

Swift is 100% Rican....this the last time I'm gonna drop my 2 pennies on this subject....it's borderline ******ed to say Swift isn't Rican....then the reasons dudes give to deny him of his birth right is even more ******ed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                    Garcia's attempt to get PR fans to rally behind him is an act of desperation to get some kind of fan base going. Americans don't like him, so now he turns towards Puerto Ricans in a selfish attempt.
                    What a joke!

Garcia has plenty of fan base, fact is he took the soul of all Khans and Lucas fan base........they all now belong to him.....

We back up Danny in good and bad.

The blood pumping thru his veins is pure Boricua like all of us Ricans.

Boricua hasta en la luna!!

Rican even if we were in the moon!!

And Rican even if we were born in the Moon!!

Last edited by whitealltrac; 11-25-2013, 09:06 AM.

Comment

This again? sigh..

Comment

Working...
                      X