Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the NEXT big PPV star?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming Pavlik beats JT in a rematch (assuming there'll be one) then he has a big chance at it. People love watching boxer-punchers.

Comment

Michael Katsidis is an up and come he wars it in the ring..... I reckon Oscar will be on PPV's till about 09

Comment

Originally posted by DIOS DOMINICANO View Post
        But even Mancini wasn't a star. He was a reasonably well-known guy. But DEFINITELY a notch or two below SRL, Hearns, Duran, Hagler, Pernell , etc from a commercial standpoint.

Has Mancini even fought in a mega-fight?
        True.

The guys you mentioned are legends, though. Tough to have the legacy of those guys.

Comment

within the next 2-3 years. I think Jean Pascal has all the tools to be a big PPV star..

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt E Gomez View Post
            Assuming Pavlik beats JT in a rematch (assuming there'll be one) then he has a big chance at it. People love watching boxer-punchers.
            I think that Pavlik, with his size, power and backstory has a good shot.

That whole midwestern, blue-collar, regular-guy thing is a great story. And his trainer further adds to the Rocky aspect. But he is very goofy-looking and mildly skinhead-ish. I wonder if his 'look' will be appealing to the general populace.

Arturo Gatti had a good look before his face turned into a catcher's mitt. And he had GREAT fights. But still never became a PPV staple.

Wlad is a nice-looking man who speaks english and has strung together a few brutal KO's. But the American public has not embraced him.

Comment

Originally posted by robjr View Post
              within the next 2-3 years. I think Jean Pascal has all the tools to be a big PPV star..

He's got an interesting style. But it's not fan friendly. Kind of like a poor man's Roy Jones Jr.

And plus, there is a language barrier. If he busted guys up and got guys out in a few rounds it would be different, but he is a showman. American fans wont like that. They like blood and guts. They like knockouts.

Comment

Dios why are you red?? your one of the better posters here.....

Comment

Originally posted by DIOS DOMINICANO View Post
                  Cotto has had two ****ty PPV's so far. One was not his fault. One was COMPLETELY his fault. And watch as his Mosley fight does crappy numbers. We are three weeks out. Nobody is talking about it.

Miguel Cotto is a ****in' robot. A cyborg with zero personality. He will NEVER be a big PPV star. EVER.

I dunno about Pavlik. Is he good-looking enough? When's the last time a goofy-looking white guy was commercially successful?
                  Funny ****. That's Dirk Nowitzki's problem too, or one of his problems.

I was just giving the best candidates I could think of, I don't think any of them are stars. For the next few years Mayweather and Pac will dominate the PPVs

Comment

kelly pavlik

Comment

Originally posted by MayweatherJR View Post
                      Dios why are you red?? your one of the better posters here.....
                      There are a couple of guys with unlimited karma. Old-timers.

Anorak and Mr. Soprano give me 5 and 6 red K at a time. Kayjay gives me a lot of red K. kayjay usually includes the "n-word" when he does that.

Comment

Working...
                      X