Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Lockett Admits: I Considered Stopping After Three

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Rees won 2 1/2 rounds and that's when Broner let his hands go... Although Rees made him miss a lot he still landed heavy blows,and Rees isn't very big.. Broner did what he had to do...now let's see him step it up..

Comment

Every round I waited for Lockett to say..tag the body then go upstairs..Not once!!! You have a smaller fighter who is having to reach for the head from a distance..what kinda shiiiiiit trainer sees this and doesn't ask his fighter to fight to his strengths..when Rees went body,head,body he was working well and he was catching Broner..and winning the rounds.The moment he stopped punching the body Broner started fighting..and it cost rees the fight. Imho if Rees was able to hit Broner flush like he did several times being this little they better be very careful with who they pair Broner with at 140 it's not going to end well if they don't. Kid has gifts but by no stretch is an elite fighter yet, fast hands and power neutralize him.

Comment

Duuuuuuuurp

Comment

u could just about hear him after the 4th rd telling Rees he was taking too much punishment and he was gonna stop it but Rees protested and Lockett let it continue.

i knew the towel wouldnt take long to go into the ring after that.

Lockett did the right thing for Rees though stopping it when he did. If it had went to the end of the rd and Lockett didnt let him continue dumb-asses would be saying Rees quit between rounds. No point in Rees continuing he was about to get KTFO and had no chance of winning.

Comment

i recall comments from Lockett's past along the lines that he doesn't really enjoy boxing as a spectator because he finds it upleasant to see two men beating each other (also said he fell out of love with the sport as a pro). caring for your fighter is a good thing, but his stomach/sensibilities need to be strong as a trainer. the 3rd would have been way too early and unfair on Gavin, who was giving his all in there and still had fight to give.

that said, Lockett did stop the fight at the right time ultimately.

Comment

u could just about hear him after the 4th rd telling Rees he was taking too much punishment and he was gonna stop it but Rees protested and Lockett let it continue.

i knew the towel wouldnt take long to go into the ring after that.

Lockett did the right thing for Rees though stopping it when he did. If it had went to the end of the rd and Lockett didnt let him continue dumb-asses would be saying Rees quit between rounds. No point in Rees continuing he was about to get KTFO and had no chance of winning.

-----------------------------------

Completely agree!

Considering all the disadvantages Rees had and the biggest one being he couldn't hurt Broner I thought Lockett put a great game plan together but considering all the disadvantages Rees had it was unlikely to last more than 2/3 rounds.

Comment

Working...
              X