Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao: I Want To Finish Stronger This Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquiao by Ref Stoppage late rounds.

Comment

How people can lose this fight? I believe this time will be the very best of their great fights;both are tired of this situation so imagine if were you at their place......I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
        Manny Pacquiao will never figure out a way to dominate Marquez's style. The only way Pacquiao KO's Marquez is if Marquez gets over anxious and makes a mistake like the 1st and 2nd fight with the KD's. Once JMM fought his fight in the 3rd meeting then Manny had lil to no success. Marquez can definitely control the pace of the fight. He has to find a way to get some big body punches in on Pacquiao. I think that would make the difference. I favor Marquez in this fight because clearly he can make better adjustments than Manny.
        Excellent post.

I personally don't think that Marquez changed much.

What he actually did was pay closer attention to Manny's feet.

Manny's success is largely predicated on him throwing a jab while darting in, but its actually the second leap in that catches opponents because its so unorthodox.

All Marquez did differently was to land and then move out to the side so not to be there for that second leap in. That's Manny's bread and butter.

Once Marquez stopped trying to stand and trade, he was able to time most of Manny's attempt to rush forward and land that straight left hand.

Anything can happen, but I think its Marquez' fight to win or lose. I don't think Manny has the tools to make any real adjustments. Just like in his rematch against Morales, Manny made ZERO adjustments. He simply came in with twice the energy and twice the aggression .. but the same exact gameplan.

If the Marquez from the third fight shows up, I think it will be his night. I think he can't let Manny steal rounds like he did with the 12th last time, but he doesn't need to take unnecessary risks either.

Comment

Let Marquez be the aggressor then the ko might come

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
            Manny Pacquiao will never figure out a way to dominate Marquez's style. The only way Pacquiao KO's Marquez is if Marquez gets over anxious and makes a mistake like the 1st and 2nd fight with the KD's. Once JMM fought his fight in the 3rd meeting then Manny had lil to no success. Marquez can definitely control the pace of the fight. He has to find a way to get some big body punches in on Pacquiao. I think that would make the difference. I favor Marquez in this fight because clearly he can make better adjustments than Manny.
            Thats Mannys point. HE gonna put so much pressure on him hes gonna have to get over anxious rather than sit and wait on a counter opportunity. Thats where the mistakes are gonna happen. And that goes for both fighters. Someone is gonna get dropped. Its down to who got better chin and who hits harder...or gets hit flusher! Manny down 0 JMM down 4. JMM warrior. Manny warrior! JMM got back up every time. Manny couldn't believe it! Agenda on both sides are to seek in destroy. Gonna be a good fight!

Comment

Going to be a competitive fourth fight with lots of ebb and flow.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                I don't know if 'figuring out' has much to do with it from the Pacquiao camp's perspective. Their fighter just don't have the tools to decisively beat Marquez.

Manny just can't get in range to let his hands go, he's aways getting himself out of position because he's over-extending himself in his efforts to get something to land.

I don't know what Freddie can do that's different. From their point of view, I think the only way they can fight a different fight is if Marquez decides to change things. And Marquez may well do that. He knows by now that landing the cleanest shots of the round isn't enough for the judges, Manny's wild flurries seem to impress them more.
                All I'm saying is that, Roach after 3 fights still can't find a way for Pacquiao to neutralize Marquez style but Marquez neutralizes Pacquiao's. He has no clue. The only way Pacquiao dominates Marquez is if Marquez fights Pacquiao's fight. If not, then the fight will look like the 3rd one with Marquez perhaps looking even more dominate, depending on how effective he is when connecting. He should wear down Manny's body and take Pac's legs away.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  Thats Mannys point. HE gonna put so much pressure on him hes gonna have to get over anxious rather than sit and wait on a counter opportunity. Thats where the mistakes are gonna happen. And that goes for both fighters. Someone is gonna get dropped. Its down to who got better chin and who hits harder...or gets hit flusher! Manny down 0 JMM down 4. JMM warrior. Manny warrior! JMM got back up every time. Manny couldn't believe it! Agenda on both sides are to seek in destroy. Gonna be a good fight!
                  But Manny Pacquiao hesitates when he has to initiate the confrontation because mostly his style is effective when the fight is being brought to him. All Marquez has to do is make his punches count because Manny is there to be hit. Marquez is not a big one punch guy but the right placed punches can make the difference. If he fights his fight as a counter puncher and not decided to trade with Manny, then he will control the pace of the fight but this time he is going to have to totally put on a show. But I think if it is like prior, with majority of people thinking Marquez won like before, then the judges will give it to JMM because another robbery will cause a riot and Pacquiao's career would be a lil tarnished due to another tainted win. Manny has to win in a very dominate fashion or it will be the 3rd fight all over again.
                  Last edited by GRUSTLER; 11-23-2012, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Let me voice the only way I believe Marquez will win. If Pac and Roach are just blowing smoke about making adjustments to counter-punching and intend on being so overly aggressive that it's stupid that's when Marquez will dominate with wide UD or worse. Too much aggression with no gameplan will look like the trilogy but 20 times worse. Pac has a chin on granite and Marquez hasn't exactly knocked anybody out here lately. My money is on Pac as I believe that if Roach can even come up with a simple simple yet totally effective gameplan channeled with the right aggression then that spells dooom for Juan. Gonna be a good one. I've changed my position from hating to anxious about this fight since it's initial announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by noStylez View Post
                      Let Marquez be the aggressor then the ko might come
                      Nah bro, Marquez success always came from being the counter-puncher thus effectively timing Pac.

Comment

Working...
                      X