Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Terrible" Terry Norris vs PBF aka Money May @ 154 lbs / 11 Stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
    Yeah I agree on all points, I grew up watching him, and as I stated earlier I wasn't necessarily a fan back then, because he was almost too dominant during that period, same goes with Chavez, I remember being super excited when Randall beat him, because you just thought wow he finally got beat. I use to root against Terry in the same way, wanting to see him finally get beat. But I think you are right, I don't think a lot of people on here go back that far.

He was a great fighter, SUPER talented, and had a very high peak.
    It's quite unfortunate. He slotted in between eras. If he came 3 or 4 years later he would have been part of the Oscar Tito Era, and could have gotten a piece of that action. Then people would remember how great he was.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
      Actually I just remembered Cliff Rold did a special on the division. He says it better and has more facts than I can produce.

http://www.boxingscene.com/-top-20-j...ll-time--18452
      Cliff does put it into perspective there.

Its really crazy talk to think Floyd who wasn't even at his best at 147 could beat the best ever at 154lb.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        It's quite unfortunate. He slotted in between eras. If he came 3 or 4 years later he would have been part of the Oscar Tito Era, and could have gotten a piece of that action. Then people would remember how great he was.
        There are plenty who remember him. There are alot of real boxing fans from that era and earlier that dont fool around on boxing forums. It seems there are alot of young cats here and more than a few dont really know or understand who the great fighters from just 20 years ago are. Ill also say it really fuks me up everytime I listen to Terry talk, he left it all in the ring man.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
          There are plenty who remember him. There are alot of real boxing fans from that era and earlier that dont fool around on boxing forums. It seems there are alot of young cats here and more than a few dont really know or understand who the great fighters from just 20 years ago are. Ill also say it really fuks me up everytime I listen to Terry talk, he left it all in the ring man.
          Ive met him a few times. He still has his faculties, but he has parkinson's. He isn't just punchy. He has taken care of his finances, and has a successful gym going. He is doing all right.

Comment

Ive met him a few times. He still has his faculties, but he has parkinson's. He isn't just punchy. He has taken care of his finances, and has a successful gym going. He is doing all right.

Thats good to hear, Im glad he is doing well. I never heard about the Parkinsons.

Comment

C'mon, it's clear that many people here are commenting by what they heard and they never saw Norris fight or maybe watched a couple of highlights.
              Why do a breakdown on a fighter you have never seen?.

Comment

Terry was a beat seen couple fights here and there,its hard to say how PBF would deal with him in 154.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
                  C'mon, it's clear that many people here are commenting by what they heard and they never saw Norris fight or maybe watched a couple of highlights.
                  Why do a breakdown on a fighter you have never seen?.
                  Its sad but true... They will never see Michael Nunn fight, and never realize how great Toneys win over Nunn was either.

Comment

Its sad but true... They will never see Michael Nunn fight, and never realize how great Toneys win over Nunn was either.
                    They probably never saw a Toney fight either.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
                      They probably never saw a Toney fight either.
                      HAHAH True... I remember arguing with one of them that Floyd wasn't the first fighter to use the shoulder roll. I was like ummm.... Here is footage of Georgie Benton using the shoulder roll... here is footage of Joe Walcott using the shoulder roll... etc... lol

Its funny how dumb people can be. So many fighters could have fought Floyd's entire resume undefeated.

Comment

Working...
                      X