No announcement yet.

This HW prospect looks a bit special

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Ukraine are producing some serious talent may it long continue.
    Please no. It's getting quite annoying with all these bandwagoners on here.

Anyway, I know when I see something good and all I had to do was watch 1 minute. Looks good.

Comment

reminds me of a young Wlad

Comment

I know that he was fighting a nobody, but I was impressed by his willingness to throw head-body combinations against a 5'9 opponent. His hand positioning reminds me a little of Vitali. I'm all for athletic HWs with combination punching.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
          Yes, well noticed! He doesn't hold his hands back far enough, not only making his defense suspect but also reducing power. A good trainer would address this. Great talent though.
          Some trainers actually prefer fighters hold their hands out front...usually if they have a reach advantage. Acts as a line of defense, along with the front foot, that the shorter opponent has to get past. It's especially common with the lead hand...keeps the opponent at bay and can be used to measure, and a half c0cked jab takes less time to reach the target.

Comment

Just came across Oleksandr Teslenko (Ukrainian based out in Canada) I was expecting a typical big, slow, lumbering out-of-shape robot but I was actually instantly impressed with what I seen.

6ft5, 216lbs but solidly built with almost 250 amateur fights. How have I never heard of this guy? And he is only 23!

His pro debut

Ammy fight - few more on YT if you're interested.

Searched the forum but nothing at all I did however find this
            http://globallegacyboxing.com/oleksa...-teslenko-bio/
            The guy in the corner looked like Lomachenko. Ha.
            Teslenko looks really solid. And at only 23, he can have a great future. He paws and feels around with that jab a lot, which I like to see. Reminds me a lot of Wladimir who is a clear influence. He could be a force in a few years. After about twenty fights with some gatekeepers on his ledger, we'll have a much better idea, but I like what I see.

Comment

He is now 7-0 with 6K.Os (other was a DQ) and due back out on the 15th October in Canada so he is staying active with his 6th fight in what will be 6 months.

Here is his fight before last vs 8-2-1 opponent

Also him in the amateurs vs Usyk

That isn't Oleksandr Usyk, perhaps Artem Usyk. Pretty obvious by watching it but 2012 was also an Olympic year and Usyk didn't compete at Ukrainian Nationals.

Pretty sure i do have a fight of his versus Oleksandr from the Nikolai Manger tournament though.
              Last edited by Mikhnienko; 09-30-2016, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                I know that he was fighting a nobody, but I was impressed by his willingness to throw head-body combinations against a 5'9 opponent. His hand positioning reminds me a little of Vitali. I'm all for athletic HWs with combination punching.
                Vitali is athletic to you?

You must be in a wheelchair.

Comment

He looks to have very good hands but so upright and open to counters. Moreso than Vitali, he reminds me of Wlad in his early days before he became really cautious.
                  Last edited by ////; 09-30-2016, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    Vitali is athletic to you?

You must be in a wheelchair.
                    Vitali was far more athletic than other fighters his size. Compare his movement pre-injuries to welded-spine fighters like Wilder, Valuev, Fury, or even Wlad.

I think part is his old kickboxing days

way 2 slick
                    Last edited by ////; 09-30-2016, 12:26 AM.

Comment

The Soviet boxing program was god-tier. Not just Ukraine, but all of the -stan countries tend to produce excellent boxers in general.

Or maybe just Slav genetics in general :P The three S's - Slavs, Scots, and Samoans - are always just hard as f***.

Comment

Working...
                      X