Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sugar Ray Leonard: I Told Mayweather I Would Have Beat Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ive always maintained that @ 130lbs fmj has a helluva fight with the late great macho camacho and it could go either way.

Machos speed, footwork, multiple speedy jabs would be difficult to deal with. Plus macho would literally ANNOY the heck outta fmj pre fight. Macho was c0cky and obnoxious.

Very close fight going either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      sounds like excuses to me....Leonard always leaned to the right and was a sucker for the str8* right....who said anything about staggered. you win by scoring points and Leonard wouldnt be able to avoid all those counters.....look at how he struggled with benitez....floyd is faster, even more elusive, better counters

idc who they fought, it doesnt matter at this level. what matters is their strengths and weakness and you are only considering leonards strengths.

He could be outjabbed and outboxed.

floyd mayweather goal post shifting at it's absolute zenith!

"who you fought doesn't matter because floyd didn't fight any prime, great welterweights. nevermind that leonard fought tommy hearns! floyd took away shane mosley's right hand, so... TBE!"

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
        Fool I dont care about no training method you are getting too tactical which is a sign that you are thirsting to prove a point, that you simply cannot prove!

SRL isnt even as dedicated to the sport as Floyd!

And why are you pretending like you didnt understand me when I mentioned his reach? I specifically mentioned Boxred and Tail of the tape, the sources you got your "facts" about his reach from!

And I specifically said that those stats are balogne! Mayweather is ten times smaller, shorter arms, shorter height, than ALL of them!

That doesnt even make sense that he has longer arms than Cotto, Ghost, Marcos, Canelo, he was tiny in their! Everyone Floyd faces has size, reach, and longer arms than him!

In fact, Pac and JMM are the only opponents in recent times that he towered over!

And Ghost was 160lbs on fight night, Mosley said he was 160lbs, Marcos was 17lbs heavier, Canelo was 15lbs heavier, Ortiz was 14lbs heavier! Berto was 7lbs heavier!

Pac and JMM are his only small opponents in recent times and Pac was 152, while Floyd was 148!

And see no one has limited footwork! Its just that Floyd changes his reaction time for each fight! He makes everyone look like a statue stuck in mud! I dont compare Floyd's speed to his opponents! I compare THIS version of Floyd to THAT version of Floyd!

For instance, Marcos had good enough footwork for Floyd in the first fight! In the second Mayweather was too quick for him! And judging by the second fight, I felt that Floyd would still lose to Pac! But when he faced Pac he looked like the smaller, quicker man against Pac!

What I mean is, he made Pac look short, stubby, flatfooted, slow, and square! Mayweather has gears! Its a mental thing!

And when Floyd faced Oscar, he had a handful of fights at 140, leaped to 147, had a few fights their, and jumped to 154 to face Oscar! Surely the Floyd who faced Canelo would batter and TKO the dogshiet out of that very same version of Oscar! Their is no jabbing to death fam Lol

And SRL having "footspeed, and handspeed"= same abilities as Floyd? HAHAHAHA!!

He can have as much speed or whatever he wants, he's getting whitewashed!

SRL is a versitile Fighter! Like Floyd! He can fight in the inside and the outside...like Floyd!

However, Floyd is perfection. He could go to the ropes, I mean he would eat SRL alive! Your not going to beat Floyd, by being a tall, less skilled version of him!

And their is no "potshotting" Boy every single thing SRL does, will get him punched! And he will simply stop in his tracks! His era is simply not prepared for a guy from the future, to hop in a time machine, go to the freaking 80's and show him what Iphones look like!

Its not fair to SRL to compare him to Floyd or Pac! Not even compare him to Ward, or Rigo!

But your right, I have spent allot of time watching Mayweather! He is the greatest fighter I have ever seen in my life! I always watch his fight with Canelo. How he walked this giant down from opening bell and didnt get grazed by a single shot! It was legendary!

He was 37! 37yr old Floyd would TKO any version of SRL! SRL is just not used to anything like this or allot of the fighters we have in our era!
        you are dumb as h***. Floyd ain't tko ing anyone. Give me a damn break. Quit swinging from those nuts of him and ellerbe. Floyd would be too scared to go for a tko to begin with. It is amazing how all these people think they know boxing because they follow Floyd. Just because you slap boxed with your friends don't make you no fighter. Give me a break. Ignorant!

Comment

• LOL Sugar Ray Leonard KTFO Floyd Mayweather - Mayweather got no KO power.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
            you are dumb as h***. Floyd ain't tko ing anyone. Give me a damn break. Quit swinging from those nuts of him and ellerbe. Floyd would be too scared to go for a tko to begin with. It is amazing how all these people think they know boxing because they follow Floyd. Just because you slap boxed with your friends don't make you no fighter. Give me a break. Ignorant!
            Floyd ait 37yrs old, walked the SHIET out of Canelo from opening bell! I mean he pushed him back and didnt get touched by a single shot! Canelo was 165lbs while Floyd was 37yrs old and 150lbs! Now what is SRL's tall skinny azz going to do? Lol

Nothing about it was risky, and it would be fewer risk with SRL due to styles! I think he would beat him up tbh!

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
              floyd mayweather goal post shifting at it's absolute zenith!

"who you fought doesn't matter because floyd didn't fight any prime, great welterweights. nevermind that leonard fought tommy hearns! floyd took away shane mosley's right hand, so... TBE!"
              bro both were the best of their eras

both are all time greats who fought the best of their eras

if we are going to discuss who wins or who losses, we should be discussing their strengths and weaknesses because neither have faced an opponent that has all the same attributes and skills of mayweather and leonard

do you comprehend what I mean?

Leonard never fought anyone as elusiveness and speed of the trigger as floyd and Floyd never faced a fighter with Leonards speed ability and deceptive power.

both were the best of their eras so its more about them and not who they fought.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                bro both were the best of their eras

both are all time greats who fought the best of their eras

if we are going to discuss who wins or who losses, we should be discussing their strengths and weaknesses because neither have faced an opponent that has all the same attributes and skills of mayweather and leonard

do you comprehend what I mean?

Leonard never fought anyone as elusiveness and speed of the trigger as floyd and Floyd never faced a fighter with Leonards speed ability and deceptive power.

both were the best of their eras so its more about them and not who they fought.

strengths and weaknesses are subject to your opponent's weaknesses and strengths. i really don't care if you don't understand that.

if you "want to talk about them" you ahve to tallk about who they fought. not caring about the quality of opposition is a distinctly floydian / fanboy tactic. the objective boxing fan says, "what f#cking planet are these guys living on to discount the importance of a fighter's opposition?"

"leonard got hit by right hands."
                who was f#cking throwing them matters!

"floyd didn't get hit as much as leonard."
                who was trying to hit him f#cking matters. if it's the best right handed puncher of all time at WW that can't put you away, that matters.

F#ck, man. this is pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                  strengths and weaknesses are subject to your opponent's weaknesses and strengths. i really don't care if you don't understand that.

if you "want to talk about them" you ahve to tallk about who they fought. not caring about the quality of opposition is a distinctly floydian / fanboy tactic. the objective boxing fan says, "what f#cking planet are these guys living on to discount the importance of a fighter's opposition?"

"leonard got hit by right hands."
                  who was f#cking throwing them matters!

"floyd didn't get hit as much as leonard."
                  who was trying to hit him f#cking matters. if it's the best right handed puncher of all time at WW that can't put you away, that matters.

F#ck, man. this is pathetic.

so the only way to win a fight is by knockout?

9/10 if they fought no one is getting ko'ed and they'd miss more often than normal i just believe mayweather is the more accurate puncher of the two

hearns was boxing leonard anyway, he didnt plant his feet and go for the ko as his gameplan...he boxed leonard and leonard was lost until the later rounds

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                    Floyd ait 37yrs old, walked the SHIET out of Canelo from opening bell! I mean he pushed him back and didnt get touched by a single shot! Canelo was 165lbs while Floyd was 37yrs old and 150lbs! Now what is SRL's tall skinny azz going to do? Lol

Nothing about it was risky, and it would be fewer risk with SRL due to styles! I think he would beat him up tbh!
                    Murka, Do you not realize that Ray at 147 was way faster hand and foot than Canelo. Common man! Ray arguably threw faster combos than Floyd and hit harder with one punch. Yes Floyd is probably the best ever at timing guys with one punch. , However 25 punches a round isn't going to win you a fight. That Jab of Rays would have kept Floyd off balance all night.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                      LOL based on?

His terrific performances over other latino fighters? the Maidanas and Ortiz Castilloz and Baldomirs of the world? LOL

Duran was so much of a bad ass that you can't count him out.

Dude as a career 135 fighter had enough ressources, skills and power to be a middleweight champion, compete with Hagler, move up and beat a A+++ fighter in Leonard (maybe the greatest performance/win of all time).

At 135 in his prime he was a complete beast and mostly lost to bigger men his whole career and would have been the best fighter Floyd ever faced (THE OPPOSITE CAN'T BE SAID).
                      Welp,looking at your avi tells me that we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I love Duran but let's be honest if you got the reach advantage and use it plus footwork and know when he likes to feint then you can outbox an frustrate Duran.

Floyd is the best when it comes to counters,neutralizing his opponents strengths and I think he'll be right in his wheelhouse against Duran.

Yeah, Floyd struggled against those guys but almost all of the legends has fights where they struggled against inferior competition.

We're also talking about a prime Mayweather not the one you've been seeing for the last 9 or 8 years.

I know Duran was a monster at lightweight but Floyd at the lower weights was nearly flawless. He'll have the speed,reach and IQ advantage.

Now what makes it interesting is if Duran can make it an ugly fight like Castillo aND Maidana did.

IMO Floyd's kryptonite us guys who throws lots punches, are much bigger than him, uses the jab, get dirty, and those who have some IQ.

I just see Floyd putting on a virtuoso performance where once again he'll get no credit.

Would Duran make it an ugly ugly fight? More than capable tho

Comment

Working...
                      X