Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the IBF enforce its own rules and order rematch for DeGale/Gonzalez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You would have been better arguing the Congolian Maduma's case as he was up on the cards and it was close to the end of the round.

But of course, you argue the case of the American who had no shot and was catching an ass-whipping.

Comment

It did appear to be a bad stoppage but the referee was watching very closely - it's possible he could see Gonzales struggling quite badly, he was taking some punishment and the initial knockdown was pretty heavy.

Degale was clearly the better fighter but anything can happen in a 12 round fight so as a viewer it looked like the fight shouldn't have been stopped at that point - but it's possible the ref just thought Gonzales was in genuine trouble and one punch can end a career or even take a life.

But still, I don't think the fight should have been stopped at that point, judging by what i saw from a viewers perspective. If Degale had been stopped that way many people would have been furious.

Comment

I genuinely believe Degale was going to knock him out cold in that fight.

I also think Kevin Mitchell would have knocked his opponent out cold in the next round too.

Both guys were walking around like they were on stilts.

Bit premature but no problem with either. It seems that people aren't happy any more unless a guy is out.

Gonzalez did have his gloves up though and DeGale was swinging for the cheaps seats in his eagerness to take Gonzalez out and it just looked clumsy.

Comment

Working...
        X