Report Mayweather-Marquez Being Discussed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report Mayweather-Marquez Being Discussed

Mlive Article http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde...uez_being.html

Espn Article http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...ame=rafael_dan (Espn article sounds much more convincing)

Golden Boy Promotions' Richard Schafer, who promotes Juan Manuel Marquez, said he's serious about trying to get Marquez a fight with Grand Rapids native Floyd Mayweather.

"It's obvious (Manny) Pacquiao is running from him, so he has his sights set on Mayweather, who he considers the best pound-for-pound fighter," Schafer told ESPN.com's Dan Rafael. "He said if Mayweather is serious about fighting, he should come out of hiding and let's fight."

Marquez already has fought Pacquiao twice. And Pacquiao has his own mega fight coming up May 2 against Ricky Hatton in Las Vegas.

Schaefer also said he had a preliminary conversation with one of Mayweather's advisers, Al Haymon, about a Mayweather-Marquez fight this week.

"I started having a conversation with Al (after) the Houston fight," Schaefer said. "He said, 'Let's see if this is something we can put together.' So I'm going to see if we can put that fight together. I will try to get it done."

Floyd Mayweather Sr., who currently is training Hatton, has maintained all along that his son would fight again.

"Of course, there is no question about it," Mayweather Sr. said. "He's trying to get a fight right now

Wow, I had a feeling Marquez was serious. He wouldn't just call out Mayweather like that without really wanting a fight.

Comment

i didnt think he was ... i dont want jmm to take this fight cause i think he'll loose

Comment

Originally posted by Tek My Pounches View Post
        Wow, I had a feeling Marquez was serious. He wouldn't just call out Mayweather like that without really wanting a fight.
        Co sign This fight might just happen

Comment

Originally posted by -Boxzilla- View Post
          i didnt think he was ... i dont want jmm to take this fight cause i think he'll loose
          LOL you think? THINK?! You should know he'll lose

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua19355c View Post
            Mlive Article http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde...uez_being.html

Espn Article http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...ame=rafael_dan (Espn article sounds much more convincing)

Golden Boy Promotions' Richard Schafer, who promotes Juan Manuel Marquez, said he's serious about trying to get Marquez a fight with Grand Rapids native Floyd Mayweather.

"It's obvious (Manny) Pacquiao is running from him, so he has his sights set on Mayweather, who he considers the best pound-for-pound fighter," Schafer told ESPN.com's Dan Rafael. "He said if Mayweather is serious about fighting, he should come out of hiding and let's fight."

Marquez already has fought Pacquiao twice. And Pacquiao has his own mega fight coming up May 2 against Ricky Hatton in Las Vegas.

Schaefer also said he had a preliminary conversation with one of Mayweather's advisers, Al Haymon, about a Mayweather-Marquez fight this week.

"I started having a conversation with Al (after) the Houston fight," Schaefer said. "He said, 'Let's see if this is something we can put together.' So I'm going to see if we can put that fight together. I will try to get it done."

Floyd Mayweather Sr., who currently is training Hatton, has maintained all along that his son would fight again.

"Of course, there is no question about it," Mayweather Sr. said. "He's trying to get a fight right now

This is cos Juan Manuel Marquez is still ducking Prince Naseem Hamed just cos Prince Naseem Hamed is younger than Juan Manuel Marquez.

Comment

i hope this fight doesnt happen.......

Comment

Originally posted by Devil Man View Post
                LOL you think? THINK?! You should know he'll lose
                LMAO!..true!..atleast I think..

But why would Mayweather take a Marquez fight??..

When there's Cotto, Mosley, or Pac-Hatton winner!....

I mean I like JMM but between him and Cotto I feel Cotto has the better chance to make it a more entertaining and winnable match!...

Comment

pbf wont get 20 mil to fight jmm anyways ... so i guess it doesnt matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Expert View Post
                    This is cos Juan Manuel Marquez is still ducking Prince Naseem Hamed just cos Prince Naseem Hamed is younger than Juan Manuel Marquez.
                    I didnt know that

Comment

Working...
                    X