Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: If No Canelo, No Issue With Saunders in UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: If No Canelo, No Issue With Saunders in UK

BILLY JOE SAUNDERS was served a brutal warning of what could come next as Gennady Golovkin's red-hot streak continued. The unbeaten WBA, IBF and IBO middleweight champ from Kazakhstan destroyed mandatory challenger Dominic Wade within two rounds to bag his 22nd straight knock-out and extend his record to 35-0.
    [Click Here To Read More]

so if canelo is actually stripped 15 days after khan fight (if he wins), then will golovkin and saunders be fighting for that vacant belt and technically every other MW belt there is. An undisputed MW unification fight, UK this summer, I hope so!

Comment

Golovkin/Saunders could get blocked if the WBA mandates Jacobs first. Then again, Sturm was mandated to fight Golovkin, and at the last second Sturm was allowed to unify with Geale.

Either way, Jacobs & Saunders >> Canelo.

Comment

"price on the package just went up"

If things play out the way that they're looking, Saunders' asking price just went up to at least $2.5m for the fight.

Comment

billy joe saunders is the only fighter at 160 that stands a chance of going the full 12 rounds with golovkin he will lose but he may finish the fight on his feet canola on the other hand could not go 3 rounds with golovkin and will be quickly KO'ed

Comment

HAHAHA - this is funny! BJS be kicking himself right about now thinking, "Dayum, didn't think my Daddy would actually respond when I said I was staying put here in UK".

He's gonna wriggle out by pricing himself out. I don't rate BJS highly but someone who I view as a very Domestic/European level fighter. He won't stand more than 2 rounds with Triple G.

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
              billy joe saunders is the only fighter at 160 that stands a chance of going the full 12 rounds with golovkin he will lose but he may finish the fight on his feet canola on the other hand could not go 3 rounds with golovkin and will be quickly KO'ed
              BJS does not have the power to keep GGG off of him for 12 rounds. No chance.

Comment

Yes and no, ggg would be awarded cowardnelo's belt. If ggg faces bjs it will be on the line.

Comment

He'll have a rematch with Eubank before he fights ggg

Comment

Saunders & Jacobs are most likely the only 2 who could make an entertaining fight with GGG @ 160Lb right now!

Comment

Working...
                    X