Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys take part in creative hobbies?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
    Currently working on a drawing of McConaughey in Interstellar
    What medium? Inks?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
      What medium? Inks?
      Pencils. I'll post a work in progress pic tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
        Pencils. I'll post a work in progress pic tomorrow
        Nice one, man.

Comment

Myself a friend like to write short movie scripts, and I've got another friend that I sometimes write songs with. I also like to draw, and use charcoals.

Does anyone have any creative hobbies away from the site?
          Anorak has been hacked. Is he being serious, is it a punchline, is he going to trick us.

To answer your question Anorak, if you're serious, I like reading up on computer hardware, building them, help friends build them. I also like learning computer programming on the side.

About short movie scripts, I used to do that back from 12 years old to 18 it's when I stopped. It was nothing serious, more for comedic purposes and there was a lot improvising going on than actual following of a script. Nothing professional obviously, can't expect that from a group teens. Although two of my best friends did take it seriously and went on to major in Theater and are still involved with theatrical shows, like in that Birdman film, that's the type of stuff they do. They always invite me to the shows, i've been to a bunch of them.

Comment

And on side note Anorak, you'd get along well with my brother, he's a very serious drawer. His room is full of drawings he does with pencils. Eventually he became a tattoo artist but he still draws a lot on the side, and he actually sells his drawings and makes money off of them. He has a nice following on some forum, a social forum, I forgot what's it called but he actually set up a gofundme account and he gets supports from I guess "fans" or something, so he can work on a comicbook he came up with. I have no idea what he's doing now, I do not live with him anymore. That's what he was doing last I talked to him a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Psylence83 View Post
              Bonsai????
              Not quite. More macro level.

Comment

In my spare time I do conservation and restoration on paper advertising. Mostly vintage film posters. I started collecting film posters a while ago. It's really a marriage of my love of film and art. Getting a poster linen backed gets pretty expensive. $200 to $700 depending on the size and condition. I figured I'd learn to do it myself. So I did.

Comment

Nice one, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    Writing fiction, as you've seen. I haven't done anything in a month but I gotta get back into it.
                    I think ive sampled some of your work. Like that time you posted about not being a virgin.

Comment

Creative thought processes, if they count as an activity.

Comment

Working...
                      X