No announcement yet.

Word on the streets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word on the streets

Is that the Fertitas are selling the Sacremento Kings to pay off debt from the ufc also i here the ufc itself is about to go up for sale if true mma is dead.

No it's not. They've said the same thing about boxing for years and, while more of a fringe sport in the US, it's still doing just fine. It just won't be as big a sport for a while. And if true, be sure to let us know if there's any confirmation on this.

And if true, maybe the new owners won't be such corporate douches this time and will actually be honest with the fans, since when they lie we know and find out the truth anyway. Maybe they'll be more likeable, like the old Pride owners or Scott Coker was with Strikeforce.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
      Is that the Fertitas are selling the Sacremento Kings to pay off debt from the ufc also i here the ufc itself is about to go up for sale if true mma is dead.
      lmao, absolutely ridiculous. I hope you're trolling, if you look at the moves they are making right now regarding contracts it does not sound like they are a company which is struggling financially. Bendo just signed a new contract worth a lot for MMA fighters and they offered Alvarez a hefty sum as well for someone who lost pretty recently and isn't really a PPV proven draw, Cormier just signed a deal also.

The UFC is here to stay for a long time my friend, the Fertittas LOVE their mma and they don't seem like the type of people who would sell it just like that, remember they were losing money for YEARS before it became profitable..going by your train of thought they have probably lost money in 2012 and they are considering selling the company?

Comment

OP , stop taking drugs.

Comment

I'd love to see the UFC under new ownership/management, but I've got a hard time believing that they buy out the LA Boxing chain one week and are ready to fold the next.

Comment

The Maloufs own the Kings, not the Fertittas....

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
              it was always a fad anyway! maybe GBP will pick up the stars and make em go on affliction bills. at end of day business is business and mma has a niche

Comment

This year is the 20th anniversary of the UFC. Fads don't last 20 years, they last a few months to a year tops. So you're just plain wrong.

Comment

LMAO, MMA a fad??? c'mon...

Comment

Working...
                  X