Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much sit ups & push ups should a featherweight do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that helped. Holy ****. But achievable (not at the moment as I have no stamina while dropping weight, but after diet is over, achievable). Also, I know that I don't have to push myself beyond that so it can be really motivated to reach those specific numbers. Won't be doing roadworks though unless on a treadmill with a cable TV. I'm gonna go with jump rope instead.

Comment

So you want to know what you would need to do to last 10 rounds correct? I'm not pro, but I started researching and talking to my prospect gym trainer, and they said the main focus is stamina, especially if you're trying to stay in the featherweight. I also read that Cardio and learning how to take the hits and recover from it plays a major role also (I might be wrong, so don't bash on me lol, still doing research).

This might be what you want, but like others said, it won't be the same if you ain't actually boxing of some sort.

Usually you want to be in the 2-4 set range with a high rep (12+). Along with Core workout (Situps, crunches, etc)

Ex:
      Bicep Curls: 3 sets of 15 reps.
      Shoulder: 3 sets of 15 reps, front, side and rear delt exercise.
      Squats: 4 sets of 10 reps.
      Pushup: 75+ per day
      Situps: 120+ per day
      Running: 2-5 miles running and sprinting.
      Jump ropes: 20+ mins?

But of course, adjust those sets and rep range to your preference, but keep it above 12+ if you don't really want to build much muscle. But it doesn't hurt to go in to your local gym and ask the trainers on what they would recommend, if they're friendly.

I believe its Cardio, but this is from a beginner prospective and it probably change later on once I start my 1 on 1 with my trainer at the gym, which is strictly boxing, and gain more proper knowledge and techniques.

But in the end, its up to YOU, if you want to see results, then you have to work for it, taking shortcut ain't gonna do much, at least in boxing.

**Those are my opinion and some info might be wrong or correct, so I might change later on once I get more experienced and trainings.**
      Last edited by xFury; 09-08-2015, 03:11 PM.

Comment

I don't get it. Are you a bog standard troll or a Charlie Zelenoff type?

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoJim View Post
          I don't get it. Are you a bog standard troll or a Charlie Zelenoff type?
          Wait, me? Hahaha

Comment

No trolling. Just stating hard referenced facts & hard relevant questions. I'm gonna go with 45 minute jump rope, 75 push ups, 120 sit ups, 50 neck ups, 50 squats. Not now as I couldn't even do 30 minute jump rope today with diet going on. After I drop my weight all the way & start eating right, gonna reach those specific numbers. I suppose I will do bicep curls & shoulder work each 3 sets of 15.
            Last edited by wilberbear; 09-08-2015, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xFury View Post
              Wait, me? Hahaha
              Yeah, you. I hate it when people write logical posts on a forum.

The guys given me a headache with the brick breaking, mediocre / pro, no results stuff.

You put the work in, you get results. If you want "no results" then don't work out.

Comment

As for brick Breaking, it's just something I can do & I hate it when ill-informed people confuse its origin (hence, gave an English URL). As for my questions, I thought my questions were pretty clear no different from how typical starting students would ask "how much work out am I supposed to do before I can blah". Also, I made it clear that I am not ambitious & I am only interested in the minimum workouts. Not everyone should aim high. Even the movie Milliondollar Baby has a line "why am I still doing 4 rounders" which is essentially the same question that I asked except that I specifically asked for the workout level for 10 rounds on the "minimum mediocre level". Or am I in a wrong boxing forum? Is this like a "hardcore pro only" forum while I was looking for a general forum?
                Last edited by wilberbear; 09-08-2015, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoJim View Post
                  Yeah, you. I hate it when people write logical posts on a forum.

The guys given me a headache with the brick breaking, mediocre / pro, no results stuff.

You put the work in, you get results. If you want "no results" then don't work out.
                  Hahaha you got me! How did you know?!

I know right? But hey its his choice I guess.

I haven't started yet, but I want results, and breaking sweat, working hard, dedication and passion is a requirement (From my view) and I am willing to put in work for it. But to each their own.

@wilberbear - Not trying to bash on you or bring you down, but its like saying You want a fast car, but don't want to put money or work into the car and just pumping "Racing Fuel" is gonna make your car faster than stock. I understand that you just want to "Train and workout" just to have the condition/cardio for it.

Also for your workout, and for your goal, just do a all-around body exercise. Biceps, Triceps, Chest, Back, Shoulders, and Legs. Basic stuff.
                  Last edited by xFury; 09-08-2015, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I just wanted a rough GPS map search (how far & how long). Not really looking for a shortcut. Just not ambitious (while some people might reach that initial point then workout more, I am just going to maintain that initial point). To last 10 rounds, am I supposed to be able to do those workouts everyday or like once in 2~3 days with a recovery day?
                    Last edited by wilberbear; 09-08-2015, 04:38 PM.

Comment

1000's.And i mean 1000's.Watch T.V whilst you're doing them.That's what made them easy for me.You just forget how many you've done.

Comment

Working...
                      X