Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remind me why Karim Mayfield couldn't get a shot at DSG, but Herrera could?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remind me why Karim Mayfield couldn't get a shot at DSG, but Herrera could?

I don't recall Team Garcia fully explaining why they told Mayfield he would never get a shot at the champ, but Herrera could?

I remember them saying something about "who is Mayfield"? Meaning Mayfield was a nobody deserving a shot at them. Angel Garcia even said he didn't know who he was, but was on record talking about DSG and Mayfield sparring a few months prior

Just seems funny

Karim signed with tr like a week after he called Danny out lol. He's not even that good any way

Comment

I thought you didn't count clinch victories.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        Karim signed with tr like a week after he called Danny out lol. He's not even that good any way
        Karim's a pretty good up and comer and definitely deserved a shot over Herrera that's for sure. He supposedly gave Pac and Garcia fits in sparring... Sure it's just sparring, but he needs a chance at the big stage just like Garcia did at one point in time.

Lastly, in the video, Angel never mentions anything about Mayfield being with T.R.... He just keeps yelling and repeating "you aint gettin no shot", then acts like he never heard of Mayfield which was a lie.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          I thought you didn't count clinch victories.
          Lol Mayfield didn't clinch Herrera.... At least nowhere close to what happen in Molina-Kirkland

Comment

Karim is the only fighter to ever stop Stevie Forbes and took out unbeaten Raymond Serrano and his sparring with top fighters just add to his experience and ring education. He won by fairly wide margins against Herrera. So Herrera's absolute win over Garcia elevates Karim as Herrera's win over Prov elevated him. He has a chance for the limelight if he beats Dulorme. We'll see how that goes for him. I saw the Mayfield vs Herrera fight and Karim's skills and style beat Herrera. He timed Herrera with that right hand and Herrera couldn't get his game going the way he likes to.
            Last edited by richardt; 03-16-2014, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Mayfield is signed to Top Rank and is being looked at as an opponent for Ruslan. Can't see a fight happening with Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                Karim's a pretty good up and comer and definitely deserved a shot over Herrera that's for sure. He supposedly gave Pac and Garcia fits in sparring... Sure it's just sparring, but he needs a chance at the big stage just like Garcia did at one point in time.

Lastly, in the video, Angel never mentions anything about Mayfield being with T.R.... He just keeps yelling and repeating "you aint gettin no shot", then acts like he never heard of Mayfield which was a lie.
                Up an comer he's like 33 lol. And yes this was before he signed with tr but if he wanted to fight Danny so bad the last thing he should have done is sign with tr

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  Up an comer he's like 33 lol. And yes this was before he signed with tr but if he wanted to fight Danny so bad the last thing he should have done is sign with tr
                  Being an up and comer has nothing to do with age; it's your current status in boxing.

Look at the video. Why didn't Angel say anything about Top Rank?

It clearly had nothing to do with T.R

Comment

Simple...Herrera had a win over Provodnikov and Dallas Jr, and a tough fight with Alvarado. He had the most notable resume of the available opponents.

Mayfield has one good win over Herrera himself but that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X