Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Lomochenko beat Mikey Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idk, that power of Mikey's is legit. Lomachenko couldn't hurt Salido very much whereas Mikey dropped Salido with pretty much every other punch. And I don't think Lomachenko has the power to bother Mikey. Lomachenko is a much better boxer than Mikey but I think Mikey puts him down and out.

I've always thought Lomachenko is a true 135 pounder. Not necessarily fight night weight wise either, more mass wise, he just looks a lot bigger than everybody he's fought so far. For some reason he's always gotten a praised for beating 126 and 130 pounders. Lomachenko could barely hurt those guys so I don't think he'll be able to hang with fighters 135+.

And why do people pretend that Lomachenko is some 20 year old phenom fighting the best? Dude is goddamn near 30 years old.

Comment

Even with the weight advantage I think Loma wins easily. Loma is the boxer who impresses me. I don't think Garcia is as good as most fans think he is.

Comment

Lomachenko breaks Mikey's nose and he'll quit

Comment

Funny to see same comments like , Loma never had such opponent like "put name here". It was Russell fight, Martinez , walters, and garcia now. Wonder who will be next

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
            A fight you can't call until you see it. We don't know for sure how he'd be able to handle a pinpoint shot to the chin from a hard hitter, because so far, no one's been able to land on him like that.

SolidO did a good job, but he doesn't have the same pop and velocity that Mikey does. SolidO is more of a slow burn, whereas Mikey can suddenly just end your night, or catch you, and proceed to dominate you.

50/50, because I don't know how Loma can handle a boxer of his caliber with his power as well. I think for sure Gamboa can finish Loma, because Loma just doesn't have that next level power to gain respect of the top guys, IMO.
            Mike And Gamboa are not top, skilled yes , but top? personally have no reasons to think so, may be you can give me some?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephankotyk View Post
              Funny to see same comments like , Loma never had such opponent like "put name here". It was Russell fight, Martinez , walters, and garcia now. Wonder who will be next
              Yep. Loma has already carved out a resume in 8 career fights that a lot of guys won't/don't in entire careers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Rider View Post
                Idk, that power of Mikey's is legit. Lomachenko couldn't hurt Salido very much whereas Mikey dropped Salido with pretty much every other punch. And I don't think Lomachenko has the power to bother Mikey. Lomachenko is a much better boxer than Mikey but I think Mikey puts him down and out.

I've always thought Lomachenko is a true 135 pounder. Not necessarily fight night weight wise either, more mass wise, he just looks a lot bigger than everybody he's fought so far. For some reason he's always gotten a praised for beating 126 and 130 pounders. Lomachenko could barely hurt those guys so I don't think he'll be able to hang with fighters 135+.

And why do people pretend that Lomachenko is some 20 year old phenom fighting the best? Dude is goddamn near 30 years old.
                i don't know. why do people pretend he's 30 when hes 28?

Comment

I think Mikey Garcia, next to PF Rudyo is my favorite Mexican.

But I think that may be a 50/50 fight. Loma is special man

Comment

Originally posted by Stephankotyk View Post
                    Mike And Gamboa are not top, skilled yes , but top? personally have no reasons to think so, may be you can give me some?
                    Gamboa would still be thought of as a Loma/Tito level fihter if he never moved up to LHW and got beat up by the much larger and naturally more powerful Crawford.

Remember, Gamboa was looked upon as every bit as talented, albeit more reckless, but a more dynamic version of Loma before the TV fight. I think a pre TC Boa would beat the crap out of Loma. Maybe not best the crap out of, but hurt him, and look good doing it too.

Mikey's obviously not as skilled as Loma, but hes a legit bigger guy, has tons of talent himself, anx has the ability to land on him, and hurt him for real. I'm by no means a Loma detractor, but he just doesnt have that next level power and speed that will translate to beating the on par talent, but naturally more dynamic fighters.

He has skills oozing out his ears, but he's missing the pop to really gain the respect of the guys I mentioned. Of course this is my opinion. And TC would do him dirty also. It would take him a little longer than agaisnt Gamboa, because hes not as reckless, and doesn't commit as much as Boa, but TV would walk him down, pressure him all night, and hurt him.

Hed do a much better Salido to him. And that's another thing. Styles make fights, but because of Gamboas power and speed, he totally embarrassed Salido, and Mikey wqs really beating his ass until he got his jaw broken agaisnt Salido, while Loma couldn't handle a pretty basic, and tough Salido. But still, that's the difference to me that makes me believe Loma will have a lower cap in terms of the level he can reach with the bigger guys.
                    Last edited by CatchAndShoot; 12-02-2016, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Easily. He would run circles around him.

Comment

Working...
                      X