Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Stevenson Has To "Ask Haymon" if He Can Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheThirdEye View Post

From E.S.P.N:
    The fight will be televised live in Russia on Channel One but American television coverage has been not finalized. Although Kovalev has a contract with HBO, there is no guarantee the network will be able to put on the fight - which will take place on a Monday afternoon United States times.
    "Broadcasting sports events live from certain regions of Russia can be a challenge," Duva said. "HBO Sports is exploring carrying the event in the U.S. It's too early to be definitive. We know they love Sergey."

Humm! There is One single question everybody should ask themselves, but it's weird, no one here does. Anyway! what about their EXCLUSIVITY contract, instead Duva is saying HBO love Sergey; Excuse my English, but WTF, her lies reached a whole new level. If it's the case, Kovalev vs Stevenson could & can be setup any day in Russia or else, with more money for both on the table.
    Exclusivity rights, yeah right...

- No Exclusive contract, nor no contract at all, and she says Matching rights, and Kovalev fans still play dumm like: (Kovalev is tied to HBO), even when he's not. I thought it was only boxing fans, but I realized that polarization is pretty general nowadays. Look who got elected, with "I'll build a wall"; looks like liars have the edge now... Liars really feel Stevenson can brutally break Kovalev or Ward badly, but they wish otherwize. They wish it so hard, their lie became their reality.
    So Kov doesn't have an exclusive contract with HBO?

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
      I would sure like someone to point me to some videos that show how awesome Stevenson is because I've never seen it. Dude is the definition of one trick pony. His whole game plan is to sit there and tag you with lead lefts and to try and catch you with a counter left, that is literally 90% of the guys game. He might as well not even have his right arm attached to his body, no more than he throws rights. Even when he throws right hands he looks so uncomfortable throwing it that it is cringe worthy. Obviously the guys left hand is nuclear and if he catches you, there is a good chance that it is sleepy time, but aginst a Ward or a Kovalev he gets his ass handed to him. Both are enitirely to good to get beat by a one hand fighter.
      Little secret, remember the movie Southpaw. Dawson or Williams are right handed, fake southpaws; but Ward and Kovalev are left handed like Stevenson, the issue is, Ward and Kovalev are one hand fighters with the difference of having their strong hand on the front. 2 fake orthodox on the same ring, with the same type of trick to attack, you really think Stevenson is not ready for these 2. You see, most fans don't understand the science behing great fighters, most fans don't understand Stevenson skills, most boxers do... Which is why team Kovalev or team Ward are keeping their fighter far from that legacy breaker.

Comment

• Stevenson is entertaining and has legit power. That being said, he is not nearly as skilled and less skilled than kov. I'd love to see a firefight with kov as it would simply be power vs power but ward I think would be domination station.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          So Kov doesn't have an exclusive contract with HBO?
          Listen to the other crap your buddy HeroBando says:
          Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          She just explained, exclusivity doesn't extend to Monday afternoon fights overseas.
          That Kathy, what a liar... Oh oh, what was your question again?

Comment

Ward takes his left hand away easy peasy. I see absolutely no way that Stevenson beats Ward unless Ward falls asleep in the ring. Once Ward gets inside, Stevenson is going to be like a fish out of water.

He obviously has a better chance of beating Kovalev for the simple reason that Kovalev is so aggresive, but it is still easy work imo. So yes Stevenson possibly being the biggest puncher south of heavyweight, he can put either to sleep, but that is a slim chance.

The faster you are, the faster Stevenson fights, you didn't notice...

Comment

His reach might matter if he had a jab worth speaking of, but he does'nt. His strength advantage, assuming he has one, won't matter because Stevenson will have no clue what to do with Ward once he is inside. Ward will simply do what Ward does and control the distance, change levels with his jab, bait Stevenson into throwing the punches he wants, which with Stevenson will almost always be the left hand, and have his way with him. Without a meaningful right hand Stevenson is showing up to a gun fight with a paper clip versus Ward.

I've never seen Stevenson demonstrate the level of competence in the ring that would suggest he could do anything with Dre outside of landing a miracle punch.

If we follow your logic, Stevenson seems to be very accurate when landing his usual miracle punch. Not to mention, inside 12 round...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
                100% I have respect for Ward for fighting Krusher, win or lose...but I hoipe he doesnt try to Mayweather his way through 12 rounds
                styles say he will have to he's the smaller man, i think the older man, and he's at every physical disadvantage...they guy who's been on a lay off..
                ..wat other choice does he have except taking the asswhooping like a man?

maybe he prove me wrong..i'm ok with that, but i hope not bc i want to see stevensonkov

Comment

• [QUOTE=mabulkhair;17196031]
                  Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
                  u must be hurt from reading my posts of the truth...thanks for welcoming us back to 2013...but yea the fight was much bigger, ppv level, and for all 6 belts in the division when kovalev begged for it only to remove hmself from the dealings...

daddy haymon seems better thatn mommy duva[/QUOTE

Hurt...uhhh not really. don't make it sound like Kovalev ducked cuz HBO had it all planned even putting both of them on the same card, but Stevenson went to showtime for more money for the Fonfara fight. Further Kov had a contract with HBO... When Stevenson called him out, Stevenson did not have that contract. Kovalev is loyal...prob could have went to Haymon for more money and Showtime...but he is Loyal to HBO.
                  Please non of this loyal bull**** , are you that naive ????
                  In the end i like Kovalev and he is a great fighter and a champion and i wouldve liked him to punch stevenson face in , but it is an undisputed FACT that push came to shove Kovalev team (not him , because i believe he WANTS to fight Stevenson) BAILED FROM THE PURSE BID THEY ASKED FOR! so in the end they had to show up to a meeting and walk away with the fight , but you blame Stevenson?? at least be fair , Kovalev TEAM (not him) screw the fight up when it was actually a meeting away from being almost done.

Comment

• Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
                    lets put the facts together
                    1. stevenson is 40
                    2. nobody at 175 talks about fighting him and i dont know one 40 year old champion that ppl have feared...
                    3. when kovalev did talk about fighting him kovalev pulled out of the purse bid and the WBC ripped him, duva, and hbo
                    4. andre ward just used the media hate and false media education for stevenson to basically make it a comical punch at stevenson...INSTEAD OF AN "OF COURSE I WANT TO BE THE LINEAL ,WBC, AND RING CHAMP"

i guess kathy koochie walls were bigger than kov's balls when she MADE him pull out of a purse bid that would unify all 6 belts in the division....KOV REALLY THE ONE THAT HAD TO ASK TO COME OUT IN PLAY..

(this goes for the haters)dont shoot the messenger i aint stated nun but facts...im sorry if adonis's former pimp life gets your panties all bunched up bc u know your 18 yr slut daughter is filling her snap chat with hooker like material...PEACE!
                    Fact is Stevenson ran to Showtime rather than take the fight when it was all but guaranteed to happen on HBO. Did we forget that? Also by the way you speak I would not be suprised if your children get down that way but my family isn't trash. Nobody talks about fighting Stevenson because he made himself irrelavent and Kovalev became the man. Stevenson ducked Hopkins. A man older than him.

Comment

• Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
                      style wise he would fuk up ward and kovalev

77-inch reach, very good speed, fight changing or ending power..
                      and if he has to go there a bully on the inside that would be way to strong for ward to do all that **** he used to do at 168..

kovalev is way to open to hit and his arms are way to short..he'd leap into punches all night long..if he cant connect with stevenson while stevenson is turning out HE HAS NO SHOT except one big shot..

SHARBRANSKY, CHILEMBA, fonfara, williams jr...about he only 3 at lwh that can even make stevenson adjust

all those guys have long arms...it's a game of inches with him..if u have short arms and u fuk up once and u dont win the fight..simple as that
                      Stevenson might be able to bully underage girls into sex but he ain't bullying Ward or Kovalev, not on the inside nor the outside.

Comment

Working...
                      X