Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wlad doesn't like to lunge in, but he's going to have to extend himself to get to Fury. I predict lots of leaping left hooks a la Pulev, which if they land will be lights out, but if they don't leave him quite off balanced and exposed. The right isn't going to be effective here if Fury uses angles and keeps things long, though it'll always be a danger punch given how quick and accurate it is. There'll probably be lots of slapping of the lead arm by both men, lots of feinting and upper body movement to draw reactions and open things up. If Wlad sees Fury's back is to the ropes he might come charging in with uncharacteristic aggression in order to land something big the way he did to Thompson and Wach.
    Last edited by Fury4daWIN; 11-26-2015, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
      Wlad doesn't like to lunge in, but he's going to have to extend himself to get to Fury. I predict lots of leaping left hooks a la Pulev, which if they land will be lights out, but if they don't leave him quite off balanced and exposed. The right isn't going to be effective here if Fury uses angles and keeps things long, though it'll always be a danger punch given how quick and accurate it is. There'll probably be lots of slapping of the lead arm by both men, lots of feinting and upper body movement to draw reactions and open things up. If Wlad sees Fury's back is to the ropes he might come charging in with uncharacteristic aggression in order to land something big.
      Yeah, what are the Ref's normally like regarding stoppages in Germany? Hope they aren't like some of Eddie Hearns Ref's who stop it as soon as anyone is getting hit on the ropes!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheIcon View Post
        Yeah, what are the Ref's normally like regarding stoppages in Germany? Hope they aren't like some of Eddie Hearns Ref's who stop it as soon as anyone is getting hit on the ropes!
        I don't think I've ever seen any funny business in a Wlad fight regarding quick stoppages. Generally when the opponent is stopped it's clear they couldn't go on. There've been a few dodgy knockdown rulings however (Haye and Povetkin fights).

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          Well...First of all, everyone talks about Vlad's boxing but Vlad is not much of a boxer. He has a jab that he works behind. So him outboxing Fury is more debatable than one might think. he does not have the reach on Fury and while he has a great jab, Fury has a good jab as well.

Vlad's main strength is his power, but he generally has to have his jab working to use his power shots. Sp again, Fury can jam the works.

Now, if Fury shuts down Vlad from the outside and is more busy I see him as having more weapons to fire at Vlad. Fury has more punches that he throws and fights inside and this is where he can hurt Vlad. So...A Fury win comes with matching Vlad outside, working away inside and hurting him inside. Fury will use mobility to set up and punish Vlad on the inside if it goes his way.

To do this Fury has to take risks and beat Vlad to the punch outside...slowly work his way inside and then keep working inside when Vlad wants to hold.
          This is my take on it as well. If Wlad can get the upper hand in the jabbing battle this fight's his to lose, but if he can't settle into his groove then Tyson has a helluva chance. Tyson doesn't need to outbox him, but he does need to keep things competitive to stop Wlad having it all his own way. We've seen fighters match jabs with Wlad before; trouble is they could never keep it up for the entire fight. If Fury doesn't go into a shell and continue to worry Wlad with his own jab then Wlad might start to fall apart and make sloppy mistakes. He's had more of a tendency to brawl lately and that would play exactly into Fury's hands if he did so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Krusher P4P #1 View Post
            How many of us actually believe Fury is gonna go for KO and not survive like every other person Wlad has faced?
            Refer to his Johnson fight as his gameplan. The fact Johnson was never really in trouble I expect Fury will find as limited amout of chances of openings as he did versus him, less taking into account Wlad is a far superior boxer, the most complete fighter/boxer in the division.

Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
            I don't think I've ever seen any funny business in a Wlad fight regarding quick stoppages. Generally when the opponent is stopped it's clear they couldn't go on. There've been a few dodgy knockdown rulings however (Haye and Povetkin fights).
            Povetkin had home field, it didn't happen in Germany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
              Wladimir Klitschko seems huge !
              Have you seen the pictures of him next to Joshua ? I knew Wlad was heavily built but when you see him next to Joshua you realise just how big he really is. His arms especially, they're like tree trunks.

Originally posted by yoz View Post
              Not going to happen. Wladimir is going to give Fury some corrective therapy.

When it happens, you'll likely go into hiding for a few weeks and then resurface with a different username.
              This^^^^

In mass.

Comment

• Link to the fight please!!!!!!

I can't find anything!!!!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
                    This is my take on it as well. If Wlad can get the upper hand in the jabbing battle this fight's his to lose, but if he can't settle into his groove then Tyson has a helluva chance. Tyson doesn't need to outbox him, but he does need to keep things competitive to stop Wlad having it all his own way. We've seen fighters match jabs with Wlad before; trouble is they could never keep it up for the entire fight. If Fury doesn't go into a shell and continue to worry Wlad with his own jab then Wlad might start to fall apart and make sloppy mistakes. He's had more of a tendency to brawl lately and that would play exactly into Fury's hands if he did so.
                    Sometimes 20/20 hindsight is an interesting thing....its a great exerscize at times. For example, if we pretended that Holly Holm was fighting Ronda Roussey...tomorrow and we had to construct a viable hypothesis for how holm would win the fight, we might construct something that looked very much like what happened. "Holm stayed on her feet, was really mobile and able to deal with Roussey's ground game before it got going. This allowed her boxing skills to work for her."

If we imagine that Fury has won this fight and what would be said we would probably get a great idea of what Fury needs to do to win.

Comment

• TYSON "Too Fast" FURY SLOW DANCING TO A BIT OF JAZZ THEN SHOWBOATS AS WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO WATCHES ON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P08v8728-qI

Comment

Working...
                      X